Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:02 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,628,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
I don't think it's so much that they're ugly, it's just that they're not dressing to attract men. So they may very well be out and about in comfortable clothing and no makeup because they don't care what men think of them.
are most lesbians man-haters? if so, why?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,250,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
are most lesbians man-haters? if so, why?
Most NON-lesbian women are man-haters, so how could anyone tell the difference based on that criteria???

Old 12-28-2007, 10:22 AM

21,872 posts, read 19,022,720 times
people have different definitions of "ugly" A straight woman by her own standards of beauty might consider a leather dyke who "looks like a man" ugly, but there are gay or bi women who light up like a Christmas tree, weak in the knees, heart starts revving, the whole shebang (haha) at seeing the very same woman.

Most gay women dress to express themselves authentically, and in the process they attract the women who desire and appreciate them the most, for who and what they are.

I love the pride parades....one year there was the group carrying the sign "Women who are mistaken for men in public restrooms".....and the very next group in the parade was "And the women who love them!" It was wonderful.

The mating dance though is pretty much the same, everyone knows what turns them on, and everyone has their own definition of beauty, desire, attraction. Gays sit around asking the same questions, and wondering the same things about straight people....

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-28-2007 at 10:45 AM..

Old 12-28-2007, 10:27 AM

21,872 posts, read 19,022,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I went to a gay pride parade once and noticed that most fulfilled every stereotype. Most of the men were good looking in kind of a John Edwards pretty boy way, and most of the women looked like men and had a macho way about them. I found most of the lesbians to be very unattractive in general.
There were beautiful women there who were lesbians, but you probably thought they were not lesbians, but trust me, they were there too. Lots of femme lesbians are not recognized because they don't stand out to straight people. Just like with gay men, the femme guys stand out, the gay men who can pass as straight are not recognized.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:33 AM

4,407 posts, read 9,089,107 times
I have not seen that many unattractice butch types. In my experience going to lesbian bars they tend to be atrractive but rugged looking biker-cowboy types. And, then you have the bi-women. They are out there!

Old 12-28-2007, 10:34 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,555,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Most NON-lesbian women are man-haters, so how could anyone tell the difference based on that criteria???
Most straight women are man-haters? Sounds like you need to re evaluate your own behavior with women

Old 12-28-2007, 10:36 AM

388 posts, read 325,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Most straight women are man-haters? Sounds like you need to re evaluate your own behavior with women
lol - I'm pretty sure VAFury was joking.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
lol - I'm pretty sure VAFury was joking.
ditto, ditto.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
you can tell he was joking (probably joking) because of the stupid winking GAY (just trying to stay on topic!) smiley thing he used. frankly im getting sick of using those smiley things (theyre so *****!) but it's good that theyre there or i'd be in a heap of trouble since im often misunderstood.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:46 AM

98 posts, read 372,763 times
The spectrum of gender identity determines that most men and women have some androgynous aspects to them. No normal woman is ultra feminine and no normal man is the macho of all machos. Men and women generally adhere to their gender roles, but not all women are bad drivers and not all men are good at sports, and that's where androgyny comes in. Ever noticed that the more independent Barbie gets, the more professions they assign to her, the pink-er her clothes become? Even Barbie's creator, Ruth Handler, realized that the more powerful she became in the business world, the more she had to compensate for it by being ultra feminine... otherwise she'd become somewhat of a joke, which she did at some point, where people would comment that she wore the pants in the relationship, and so on.

My theory on lesbians is that the fact that they're lesbians has given them a sort of, often healthy, disdain of the typical gender roles. They have ruptured that tie to their feminine roles. They realize, more so than heterosexual women, that gender roles are extremely limiting and they don't have to be mothers if they don't want to be, or be the perfect partner, or be Barbie-ish if that doesn't come to them naturally. Sorry to take the extremist feministic side in this debate, but it seems like common sense to expect that they're not Stepford Housewives... or partners (lol). Their lifestyle is not exactly conventional. Why should they be?

I personally enjoyed VAFury's little joke. If he hadn't said it, I would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships