Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
First of all, it's deceptive to have a photo that doesn't look like you.

Secondly, she wouldn't have had so many problems if she didn't look like she had a goiter.

Thirdly, I find the experiment and the model's behavior far more offensive than the guys who didn't want to date her. They thought they were getting something else.

Also, isn't Tinder by nature very superficial? So why are we surprised that the men are afraid of meeting fat women. It's not exactly attracting the cream of the crop in men, either.
Lol...has a goiter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 08:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol...has a goiter.
I'm offended!

I have a goiter...lol
Seriously, I do! But it's not visible.

The women were much more forgiving in their experiment though, or at least nicer about it.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm offended!

I have a goiter...lol
Seriously, I do! But it's not visible.

The women were much more forgiving in their experiment though, or at least nicer about it.
Sorry

I don't know if you have issues with your thyroid, but I do know that goiters tend to be a symptom.

i have never seen one as big as someone's head like in that video, though!

Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Thats something you just dont ask a woman, unless she tells you shes prego. Its not polite!
And it isn't polite to put photos in your profile that grossly misrepresent the way you look. So, a fair question IMO under the circumstances.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:57 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
I did online dating before I got married and when I've met a person and there wasn't a physical attraction, I ended the introduction very quickly, within about 2 minutes. Why waste everyone's time and money?
Some guys like fat girls, most don't. That's reality.

If a girl misrepresented herself in her online photos and was intentionally deceptive in her description, then I tended to get pissed and it was a 'sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for', turn around and would leave.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:05 AM

7,453 posts, read 4,686,150 times
I blind dated 2 girls so far. One was a complete success. She was an 8. By the time I met her, there was this creep who had approached her trying to hit on her. She was so relieved to see me.

The other one is a complete disaster. She's this girl who has spike hair. Very scary. And she wouldn't let me go. Part of me was thinking "cool, free sex" but the better part of me was thinking "my buddy down under won't be too happy though".

Old 09-26-2014, 07:14 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think this is ridiculous. First, that is AWFUL fat suit and makeup, I'm a fat guy who lusts after fat girls and I think she looks up like that. Two, the bigger problem is the deception. Three, you know damn well Tinder folks are shallow and guys are more visual and blunt. What'd you expect?

Just really a setup at the end of the day.
I can't see the video, work blocks youtube. However, based on what you've written, I honestly don't understand why people of either gender do experiments to prove stuff. When I think of how, for example, some guys make profiles on OLD and pretend to be girls, to "prove" that women get more attention than men, well all it proves is you like to waste your time, and it did nothing to help you get a date with a woman. There just seems to be too much focus on the wrong things that aren't helping you get anywhere in life, IMO.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Sorry, I don't date fat girls.

If I went on a date with a skinny girl, who dressed like a fat girl, she is lying to me out of the gate. **** that

Old 09-26-2014, 09:25 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Amazing

Old 09-26-2014, 09:44 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
All I can say is "Duh" LOL

Yes, most guys aren't into larger women & it's pretty much common knowledge. Just the same as women aren't into shorter men. I experimented with an online profile of mine by changing my height to 6'8" and I was probably getting as many or messages in a day than the ladies do lol...I think I had over 40 in one day. Once my profile was switched back I just got my usual message every once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships