Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
Maybe he's a raging meth addict and was on the way down from a 7 day stretch of staying awake and getting high. Geez, cut the guy some slack.

Disclaimer: Totally kidding, please don't take seriously.
I laughed out loud imagining this in my head but also because with online dating you never know...your story might not be far from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 01:12 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Agreed.

Now, if he called her the next day and said "sorry, I fell asleep last night after I hung up with you", I'd cut him some slack.
It's all about following through and there's no guarantee that the other party will follow through with their promise. You hit the nail on the head for the perfect explanation if he was to get back in touch with you the next day. For me, I would classify a woman who did something like this in the booty call category. It's someone I would not take seriously till they showed me otherwise. In the past I've had a ton of luck with women who were flaky for commitment, but weren't flaky for sex. If that's not what you're looking for OP, than likely this person just doesn't offer what you're looking for.

It didn't even have to be a phone call but a simple text that says, "Hey, I'm sorry I fell asleep last night and didn't get to call you back." Granted, they don't owe you that, but sometimes it really does just show how "vested" the person is in to getting to know you. If 4 days go by with no communication than I'm likely looking at the situation as the person isn't all that vested in me anyways.

Just not worth the headache or the hassle.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:13 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Just to clarify, I'm not frustrated. I honestly didn't care if I heard back from him or not. I was willing to meet him this weekend...or not at all. Its just that when he text messaged me I took that as an opportunity to ask what happened because I did want to give him the benefit of the doubt (maybe something happened?). But the explanation was so lame I was thinking "whatever man" when I read it lol. So now I'm basically done (with him). No biggie, it's just how it goes sometimes I guess.
How often does he call normally? I mean is it an everyday thing, or do a couple days go by?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
How often does he call normally? I mean is it an everyday thing, or do a couple days go by?

We haven't been talking long enough to have established a 'pattern' so to speak. The last convo we had (the one where we said he'd call back) was our third conversation. It was his third day in a row of calling/us talking (although the day before we were both pretty busy and didn't talk as long as the 1st and 3rd days).

Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
We haven't been talking long enough to have established a 'pattern' so to speak. The last convo we had (the one where we said he'd call back) was our third conversation. It was his third day in a row of calling/us talking (although the day before we were both pretty busy and didn't talk as long as the 1st and 3rd days).
Huh. If it were me, I'd give him another chance, but if he "disappeared" like that again I'd have to blacklist him.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
[quote=southkakkatlantan;36651323]Um, yeah. Why did he send a pic?

I'm guessing it's because he wants a complement. At least that's the impression I'm getting from him. He wants me to say "Wow, you're looking great today!" or "Nice pic handsome " Or something along those lines. Then he could follow up with "Aw, you're too sweet. So how about one of you? "

quote]

Now that would annoy me. It wasn't a nudie was it?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:41 PM

[quote=2mares;36651597]
Quote:
Um, yeah. Why did he send a pic?

I'm guessing it's because he wants a complement. At least that's the impression I'm getting from him. He wants me to say "Wow, you're looking great today!" or "Nice pic handsome " Or something along those lines. Then he could follow up with "Aw, you're too sweet. So how about one of you? "

quote]

Now that would annoy me. It wasn't a nudie was it?
Heck no. I wouldn't even post this thread if I had gotten than from him. It definitely would have been a done deal lol

Just a face shot of him smiling.

It's just kinda odd cause I've never asked for any. And he did it the first time he ever text msg'd me. Just sent a random pic. And then a few minutes later was like "Hey! This is so-and-so. How's it going?"

Old 09-26-2014, 01:58 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
It's all about following through and there's no guarantee that the other party will follow through with their promise. You hit the nail on the head for the perfect explanation if he was to get back in touch with you the next day. For me, I would classify a woman who did something like this in the booty call category. It's someone I would not take seriously till they showed me otherwise. In the past I've had a ton of luck with women who were flaky for commitment, but weren't flaky for sex. If that's not what you're looking for OP, than likely this person just doesn't offer what you're looking for.

It didn't even have to be a phone call but a simple text that says, "Hey, I'm sorry I fell asleep last night and didn't get to call you back." Granted, they don't owe you that, but sometimes it really does just show how "vested" the person is in to getting to know you. If 4 days go by with no communication than I'm likely looking at the situation as the person isn't all that vested in me anyways.

Just not worth the headache or the hassle.
^^^This. And my guess is now it's the weekend and he has nothing going on, why not contact her. He's treating the OP like an afterthought, so I don't blame her for not bothering.

Honestly, "I fell asleep" is lame and I feel like it's a cover for whatever else he was really doing. If you say you're going to call someone back in 10 minutes, why would you (literally!) put yourself in a position where you could nod off in such a short timeframe? Not buying it.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:15 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^This. And my guess is now it's the weekend and he has nothing going on, why not contact her. He's treating the OP like an afterthought, so I don't blame her for not bothering.

Honestly, "I fell asleep" is lame and I feel like it's a cover for whatever else he was really doing. If you say you're going to call someone back in 10 minutes, why would you (literally!) put yourself in a position where you could nod off in such a short timeframe? Not buying it.
I still think time gets away from people. It just happens; however, you can still contact me the next morning. You could tell me you fell asleep, but really did a line of coke and slept with 2 men, but if I believe your reasoning than I believe it. That's my point. If you follow through and contact someone, most people are going to take your reasoning with a grain of salt. It's not about the reasoning, but following through with your "promise" to get back in contact with them.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Yes you are being unreasonable.
People do get involved in other things when they get off the phone.
They do sit down to relax for a few minutes and fall asleep.
They do have to go to work and have other activities.
He could have decided he is not really that interested.

Why make such a big deal out of this when you have only had a couple conversations with the guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships