Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 09:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
...but Nancy has said that Ray was not that good in bed. Is Nancy lying? Maybe Nancy has been pretending all along...
Would YOU trust Nancy? That little she-devil!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:24 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Would YOU trust Nancy? That little she-devil!
She very well could be a calculating, experienced cuckoldtress, but I don't believe that. I think she really cares for the OP, but she can't help the feelings she has for Ray. It is natural for women to be attracted to and become weak for men like Ray. Ray has that something that the OP does not...

Old 09-30-2014, 09:48 PM

86 posts, read 59,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yep....You are right, and Imagine how badly Ray's wife feels. The good part is that you know now, before you are married.
I'd walk away gracefully, you did nothing wrong.....It is simply that those two have unfinished business.
I cannot imagine how hurt you and his wife must have been, sitting there like bystanders while they disrespected each of you.

Don't give to someone that is not deserving...of yourself, your time, your money or your future. Find someone more deserving.
Wit a minute. I NEVER said anything about marriage. I have no intention of marrying her or anybody else. I WAS happy with the relationship, as it was. I decided after my divorce that I would never marry again, and I have seen nothing to make me change my mind.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I am glad you understand that, I don't buy the whole excuse of alcohol being responsible for the stupid things people.do. I think alcohol helps show people's true colors. I find it very hard to believe that she has no feelings for her ex when she danced and kissed him passionately and did it right in front of you and also referring to her ex as her true love or best love or something along those lines, I would have been furious and I would have felt like she made a fool out of me . Just be careful man, like I said I take my hat off to.you because you are a better man than I am. You have chosen not to punish her and that speaks vloumes, I would give her a nice taste of her own.medicine and have no.regrets about it. Just watch every choice you make from now on.
I intend on slowing the relationship down, and seeing other people. This does two things, it will give her an honorable out, and if she has re-acquired feelings for Ray or if she has never totally gotten over him (after 10 years I don't see how), she can do so . Plus I can date some other women whom I have passed on, because of being in an exclusive relationship. (Which Nancy suggested, btw)

Old 09-30-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yep....You are right, and Imagine how badly Ray's wife feels. The good part is that you know now, before you are married.
I'd walk away gracefully, you did nothing wrong.....It is simply that those two have unfinished business.
I cannot imagine how hurt you and his wife must have been, sitting there like bystanders while they disrespected each of you.

Don't give to someone that is not deserving...of yourself, your time, your money or your future. Find someone more deserving.
I also agree, that Ray's wife is as much the injured party as I am, if not moreso. After all, I'm married to nobody, and she is.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer101 View Post
Wit a minute. I NEVER said anything about marriage. I have no intention of marrying her or anybody else. I WAS happy with the relationship, as it was. I decided after my divorce that I would never marry again, and I have seen nothing to make me change my mind.
Awwe.....it becomes clearer .....the attraction for her ex. Same advice, move on....you are obviously wasting
time, yours and hers.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Tash gave me a HUGE hug and kiss, and it almost made me cry. She was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. They are honeymooning now so I don't want any of this to get to them until after they get home and can relax.
Nothing about this should be discussed with them, even after they are home. It was not their issue, why sully their memories by discussing this with them ever.

After reading a few more posts up-thread.....I'm wondering why someone in a relatively new relationship would pay for a reception too....It has nothing to do with being nice...After only an 8 mth relationship with her Mom, you could have just given the couple a nice gift.

And, after seeing you writ that Nancy is so broken up, bla bla....I'm sort of wondering....... in a cynical way.....Perhaps there are a few reception fee balances yet to pay.

Seriously, this scenario had a few "deal breakers" in my opinion. I'd be civil, and mature during any discussion, held in a neutral location with Nancy......but I'd be done.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:35 PM

Whatever is discussed with the kids is up to their mother. Not my business. AS far as paying for the reception, money is made to be spent. I could have given them something else or paid something on their honeymoon, but I know some caterers and was able to get a very nice dinner for a very reasonable cost. It's what I do.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:44 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Quote:
Oh, I see. Perhaps you've made it very clear to Nancy that you are not the love of her life either. Hmmm. I'm starting to get a better understanding now.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:46 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
You have no intention of ever becoming "part of the family". So why be all hurt and humiliated by her completely accurate statement? I'm not as sympathetic now that this has come to light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships