Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 03:40 PM

7,868 posts, read 10,243,651 times

Advertisements

been thinking this for nearly a week now , been going out with someone for nine months and i really dont feel all that excited about meeting them lately , plus she has very different values to me when it comes to money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 03:41 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,822,345 times
Yes, it's over.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:42 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,365,319 times
Pretty much.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:44 PM

11,759 posts, read 11,964,241 times
Yes, it likely is. The 9 month mark is usually when the honeymoon phase is ending and you're starting to see things more clearly, thinking about whether or not there really is potential for a long-term relationship. Your gut is telling you something, it's wise to listen.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:46 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,161,132 times
Not enough information. There have been times in my past relationships when things felt kind of "meh," but if the love is there, that's when you assess. Are you in a rut of some kind? Like doing the same things every time you see each other, in bed or out? Have you been arguing lately? These are things you can work on and fix. Likewise, if the love is there, approaches to money can be reconciled.

But if you feel you're not in love, then yep, it's time to move on. You're sufficiently past the honeymoon stage to see reality but not into what I call the "old shoe" stage where you've been together for years and just need to shake things up a bit.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:46 PM

19,242 posts, read 15,115,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Yes, it's over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yes, it likely is. The 9 month mark is usually when the honeymoon phase is ending and you're starting to see things more clearly, thinking about whether or not there really is potential for a long-term relationship. Your gut is telling you something, it's wise to listen.
Definitely.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:47 PM

19,242 posts, read 15,115,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Not enough information. There have been times in my past relationships when things felt kind of "meh," but if the love is there, that's when you assess. Are you in a rut of some kind? Like doing the same things every time you see each other, in bed or out? Have you been arguing lately? These are things you can work on and fix. Likewise, if the love is there, approaches to money can be reconciled.

But if you feel you're not in love, then yep, it's time to move on. You're sufficiently past the honeymoon stage to see reality but not into what I call the "old shoe" stage where you've been together for years and just need to shake things up a bit.
At nine months, though?

I understand ups and downs, etc.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:01 PM

7,868 posts, read 10,243,651 times
she is keen on moving in together , i thought i was too but the more i think of it , the less happy i am about it , i feel if we do live together , it would be much more difficult to part company

i might add we have not set a date for moving in together as she works too far away from my home for that to be practical

she is also someone who cannot save a bean , she also has baggage due to the fact her dad left when she was young , she told me the other night that she needs me in her life , im not that comfortable being so relied on

having said all that i was single for a very long time before meeting this girl and sometimes thing , maybe i cant do any better than this

Old 09-28-2014, 04:01 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,161,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
At nine months, though?

I understand ups and downs, etc.
Depends on other things. That's why I said there's not enough information. If there is one thing I've learned on this forum, it's that a lot of people get complacent and just expect the magic to continue to happen all by itself, and they give up the moment they have their first challenge. Well, when it comes to dates and sex, one has to be proactive in keeping things exciting. That's why I asked if it was just a rut or a true lack of sentiment.

Or maybe it's because the holidays are coming and their money differences are that he doesn't want to spend any on gifts.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:07 PM

61,309 posts, read 86,209,732 times
Listen to your gut. Looks like you aren't interested anymore. She might be too clingy and too dependent on you.
Sure you can meet someone else, someone more independent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships