Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,370 times

Advertisements

I'm 30 years old and I'm at the end of my rope in terms of relationships or the potential of one, everyone around me or everyone I know is either in a relationship or married and happy with their situation.

I have tried and done everything I know to do to find a relationship or make a relationship work, I work in law enforcement and have promoted fairly quickly over the last few years, and am now a supervisor I always thought that a good job and potential to be successful in a job was a good quality in a partner, however I feel like I spend more time being rejected than not.

I'm 5'5 and I'm 160 lbs, the last few women I've talked to and tried to establish something with rejected me immediately saying unless I was 6', they weren't interested, I feel I've always been ridiculed due to my height. My problems have become a joke at work because I am rejected more often than not, and I spent the previous 36 days working 12-16 hours a day without a day off because I feel i have nothing to come home to so I chose to work so I don't have to be

I have very little sense of self worth anymore, and feel like something about me is broken due to nobody wanting to be with me, I'm really not sure what to do and in have no one in my life I can talknto, I'm really at the end of my rope.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:28 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Look on the bright side; you're catching criminals.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
I seriously doubt your height has much to do with your chances with women.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:32 PM

10,061 posts, read 7,229,638 times
My uncle is 5'7" and his wife is 5'9" or something like that. When they got married, she was a total hottie - blond, good shape, really smart, good job with potential.. He was in good shape and had a good job too but obviously shorter than her and had a receding hairline.

It can happen.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:35 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
I seriously doubt your height has much to do with your chances with women.
It's not, but people have to find an excuse to justify their struggles in dating.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:36 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Here is as good a place as any to talk, though not everyone will be consistently fair or nice.

Well....I can think of plenty of times things seemed so bad that I couldn't see the future. So you're not alone.

First suggestion: take some time off from work and do something nice for yourself. Go see family. Clean your house. Go look at animals at the shelter. Cook a nice dinner and invite a couple of friends over.

Then make an appointment with a family doctor and get a check up.

The whole relationship thing is often insurmountable. You only have so much control. But being single really is okay. Dating is just ridiculous until you actually meet someone who likes you. There's hope for you yet. Most people get lucky.

You only have one choice. Live each day as well as you can. And do nice things for others occasionally.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
My uncle is 5'7" and his wife is 5'9" or something like that. When they got married, she was a total hottie - blond, good shape, really smart, good job with potential.. He was in good shape and had a good job too but obviously shorter than her and had a receding hairline.

It can happen.
I'm just not really sure what to do, I feel like I get rejected consistantly.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecyKortin View Post
I'm 30 years old and I'm at the end of my rope in terms of relationships or the potential of one, everyone around me or everyone I know is either in a relationship or married and happy with their situation.

I have tried and done everything I know to do to find a relationship or make a relationship work, I work in law enforcement and have promoted fairly quickly over the last few years, and am now a supervisor I always thought that a good job and potential to be successful in a job was a good quality in a partner, however I feel like I spend more time being rejected than not.

I'm 5'5 and I'm 160 lbs, the last few women I've talked to and tried to establish something with rejected me immediately saying unless I was 6', they weren't interested, I feel I've always been ridiculed due to my height. My problems have become a joke at work because I am rejected more often than not, and I spent the previous 36 days working 12-16 hours a day without a day off because I feel i have nothing to come home to so I chose to work so I don't have to be

I have very little sense of self worth anymore, and feel like something about me is broken due to nobody wanting to be with me, I'm really not sure what to do and in have no one in my life I can talknto, I'm really at the end of my rope.
Welcome to the forum, but, "threads about short men are not allowed..."

Welcome to Relationships! Remember to keep it PG13. Don't feed the trolls. Read this thread FIRST.

Talk about your issues without blaming them all on your height or your thread will be locked, just FYI

Old 09-29-2014, 06:43 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecyKortin View Post

In what context did the bolded take place? Online, or in real life? The best way to attract women in your situation is to socialize a lot with friends, go out and about, and have fun. Be the fun, upbeat guy. If women cross your path and notice that you seem fun or interesting, be attentive.

It will take time, but so do most things worth having. And btw, don't dwell too much on the height issue, here. It's been done to death, and is now against the Terms of Service for this sub-forum. Some women shy away from guys in law enforcement, btw. They view it as a dangerous profession. Others see it as a pillar-of-the-community type of thing. Your mileage will vary. Take it in stride.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:45 PM

158 posts, read 143,912 times
What are your hobbies NK? Can you leverage one of your existing hobbies to meet ladies?

If you have been spending most of your off time in police bars then it's time to put some time into other venues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships