Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 09:00 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
i guess i can continue on this thread:

I have this friend who I am/was very attracted to; however, she's in the middle of a nasty divorce. She is very physically attractive and has a sense of humor. But as I get to know her more, the less I would want to bang. Let me tell you why:

-She has the "im out of 90% of guys leagues since I'm so hot. I'm so hot that most guys are not good enough and guys are lucky to be with me" She puts ALOT of emphasis on looks.

-During this divorce, she caught feelings for this guy, jay. However, jay has trust issues and is afraid to date my friend seriously. My friend also has numerous of F Buddies on the side but neglected to tell Jay. (she's stringing him along)

-she cheated on her husband who pays all of her bills. She confessed to me that she was with him for the $

Even though she is nice to me, I cannot help but notice how nasty she can be with other people. If she came up to me and said, "pdizo, i want to sleep with you," I seriously don't know if I coould pull the trigger. I've known her for so long as this married lady with kids that sleeping with her would be pretty weird, no matter if she's super hot.
So what's the problem? Is there a question here? It's pretty normal to be turned off by arrogance and narcissism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 09:02 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Obviously you don't have any experience being an 18 year old college freshman who went to an all male catholic high school. It cant take a while to grow out of that phase.
They still have all-boys and all-girls schools? And btw, I had male friends who had gone to a Catholic boys' school, and they weren't into banging anything that walked. They looked for women who were attractive on all levels, including personality. Everyone's different, not every boy in a Catholic school has the same mindset.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So what's the problem? Is there a question here? It's pretty normal to be turned off by arrogance and narcissism.

For guys, though? I never got turned off by that until now and I don't know too many guys who would turn down sex with a girl because she is narcissistic.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
They still have all-boys and all-girls schools? And btw, I had male friends who had gone to a Catholic boys' school, and they weren't into banging anything that walked. They looked for women who were attractive on all levels, including personality. Everyone's different, not every boy in a Catholic school has the same mindset.

Uh, of course they do!

And I'm not surprised, your friends don't seem like regular folks.

The ladies I know that went to the Winsor School here in Boston not only pretty much universally went to Ivy League schools, but damn they nailed a good many pieces during those years. They were prizes.

Quote:
For guys, though? I never got turned off by that until now and I don't know too many guys who would turn down sex with a girl because she is narcissistic.

Of course, total bonakilla.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:26 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
Quote:
My comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but the point is that everyone's personal threshold of who they want to sleep with depends on their circumstances, as well as hormones. For me personally, there was a big difference in both of these between my state as a college freshman living away from home for the first time and as an early 30's divorcee.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You have to do what works for you, but a ONS or a vacation fling every now and then isn't going to get in the way of connecting for a fling with someone. You're going to bed that night anyway, doing it with someone else isn't going to change that.

Also, a large percentage of marriages come from ONS and flings that keep on going. Probably 75-80% of the weddings I've been to since my early 30s started as bar/party/whatever hook ups and kept on going. That is how I met my girlfriend, and that is probably the most common non OLD of relationship establishment.

Again, you have to do with what works for you, but it is a false dichotomy to say either a person is looking/having hookups or they're looking for a serious relationship (you aren't the only one saying that). Both can be going on simultaneously.
I had two multi-year relationships spring from ONS. I didn't go into the ONS expecting a relationship. If anything, I rolled my eyes when they said, "I'll call you." But then they really did.

Wasn't sure about my last serious relationship when we met, either. I thought it would be a fling or once-in-a-while thing when I was in the area.

The bottom line is that if two people click outside the bedroom, how quickly they fool around doesn't matter. Or, it shouldn't. As we see from this forum, there are a number of men who apparently think their peens are filthy enough that if they put them inside a woman before an arbitrary number of dates, she becomes dirty and unworthy of serious consideration.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:

Of course they do! And I don't know anyone who went to Catholic school of any kind (co-ed or single sex) who graduated a virgin who did not go absolutely ape-chit making up for lost time once they did lose their virginity, if they went away to college, myself included. Took me to the end of my freshman year at school, but I had one very fun summer and semester before meeting my college sweetheart in the second semester of my sophomore year.

But yeah, three criteria:

Catholic high school
Graduate a virgin
Go away to college

That there is a recipe for all the stereotypes, 'cos darlin', only the good die young.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

But yeah, three criteria:

Catholic high school
Graduate a virgin
Go away to college

That there is a recipe for all the stereotypes, 'cos darlin', only the good die young.
While I only met two of these criteria, it took convoluted plots involving fake phone numbers, late night woods-sneaking, an older cousin with a deep voice, manipulation of odometers, fake college visits, cases of beer paid to a younger sibling as a bribe, as well as my girlfriend faking an illness to avoid a family vacation for me to fail to meet your second criterion.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:07 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Are these the same kind of guys who then whine and moan about how all women are psycho/gold-digging/clingy/whatever? That's what you get when you don't have standards.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:44 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Uh, of course they do!

And I'm not surprised, your friends don't seem like regular folks.

The ladies I know that went to the Winsor School here in Boston not only pretty much universally went to Ivy League schools, but damn they nailed a good many pieces during those years. They were prizes.

Of course, total bonakilla.

Really, boner killer? Well I'm glad im not the only one who sees this. My boys are giving me a hard time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships