Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 01:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Actually, I have no friends in my area. I don't relate at all to people my own age (early to mid-20s). I've always related better to older people... but they were already married or older women... so I guess married people are different than single people. Then again, when my grandmother died, I lost a very important person and she was the one I went to for everything. I miss that. But the few friends I had that were my age, most left after the crime happened... but then I told them to go ---- themselves because I hated the area I am living in and didn't want to deal with people from this area.

This guy actually surprised me. He started out nice, but I guess since he's gone the homeless route before to escape his issues, he thinks I should go the homeless route as well to get away from my issues. No thanks... homelessness is never an answer.
Seems like you just want a good listener. Well I hope posting here makes you feel better.

I lost touch with my very best friends after they were deployed. I am glad that they contacted me again. Friends come and go but true friendship will stay with you forever.

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. It must be tough. My aunt's breast cancer comes back and I have been avoiding dealing with this issue. Life is full of surprised sometimes, not very pleasant ones. Just tell yourself "this too shall pass.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 01:18 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Yeah, I just really want to move.... yet, I just don't have the money or experience to do that. Most people leave this area just because there are no jobs or the few jobs they do have here, so much competition and it goes to the cheapest person (it's mostly part time retail here). It's frustrating, it's very frustrating. The retail positions I'm qualified for (I have always worked in the library, then I was in an office as a 2nd job for close to three years... so I never worked retail... most retail places want people with retail experience already) have personality tests and I fail them. :\ I've applied for every job that is flexible (will be keeping the library until I move) that matches my experience and nothing. Or I go to the interview, some don't mind me keeping the library, but I guess they find other people. Even temp agencies haven't worked out. Just frustrated and depressed. I feel like a loser and failure. Sometimes I wonder if the employers can see that I really want to move and I went through a very traumatic experience.

My gram died from lung cancer that came back and it was caught too late because she was healthy until she had bronchitis. I hope your aunt will be okay.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I feel like a loser and failure. .
we all do sometimes for different reasons. many people hide it well, people like me would rather let it out so I can get over it. Do whatever works for you. Take care

Old 10-12-2014, 01:35 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Yeah, I like talking and writing. I know this guy has felt like a loser/failure before... so maybe it's just hard for him.

::hug:: Take care.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:

My gram died from lung cancer that came back and it was caught too late because she was healthy until she had bronchitis. I hope your aunt will be okay.
There is a grieve forum on this site. You can post on there if you have some grief related issues. I go there sometimes when I wanted to talk about my late boyfriend. I still think about him sometimes, you never forget the person you have loved. Thanks for the kind words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships