Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:39 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
They look their age pretty much. Attractive for their age & all for the most part, but beyond my preferences.
I didn't know older women were doing that. Another reason for me to stay away from OLD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 02:42 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I get hit on by homeless dudes and other less than desireable guys fairly often and still find it flattering .

The most flattering though for me is when I get an honest compliment by a woman I haven't met before. I just got a compliment from a 70+ lady in the store and it made my day.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:58 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I get hit on by homeless dudes and other less than desireable guys fairly often and still find it flattering .

The most flattering though for me is when I get an honest compliment by a woman I haven't met before. I just got a compliment from a 70+ lady in the store and it made my day.
I agree. It's awesome

Old 10-03-2014, 04:28 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I agree. It's awesome
I can agree too!

A lady at my little bros football game told me I was as cute as a button lmfaooo I thought it was so cute. Compliments like that are always nice.

Last edited by Auraliea; 10-03-2014 at 04:39 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 07:30 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
When I was younger, I did see it as a reflection of my own "level" of attractiveness, and so I was not flattered. I remember, when in my young teens, my peers having that "ewwww" reaction to someone they thought was unappealing having a crush on them, and it's very silly and immature, but I think few people react that way past the age of 16 or so. I never had such strong reactions, but I don't remember being pleased.

Now, I am neither offended nor flattered. I'm kind to anyone who makes the effort in a respectful way, and I suppose it's a compliment, but I'm pretty much indifferent to it.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Means you are doing it wrong.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:10 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Ever? yes, when I was young and immature.
Recently?, no. But it should be a moment for self reflection if that is the only type of person of the opposite sex that shows interest in you. e.g. maybe you are not such hot stuff if the only guys approaching you are 'dorks' and 'losers'
This. If I'm getting too many wrong attention I have no interest in, I would begin to wonder where are all the right attention? )

Old 10-04-2014, 11:35 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
If someone shows interest in you, but it's someone you don't find desirable, how do you react? I've noticed that some people actually get offended. It's something you expect to see in high school, but it's kind of sad to see it among adults. OK, so the ugly guy or the fat girl dared to ask you out. Why get upset about it? Why not just be flattered by the attention, assuming they showed that attention in a classy way? IMO, the people who get offended are the people who think being asked out by an undesirable person is a reflection of their own desirability. Did you ever get offended because someone you found undesirable or "out of your league" asked you out or showed interest?
I don't get offended when someone (woman) whom is not my first choice asks me out or shows interest. As of right now, I am thankful that she is a woman. I'd give her a chance and evaluate her personality. Whenever a man shows interest...

As long as it is done in a classy and respectful way, then all is good. If someone tries to entertain the idea that he or she owns me, there will be problems (especially for the male).

Old 10-04-2014, 11:39 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I've never been rude when someone asked me out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-04-2014, 11:43 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It should be a moment of reflection, but not a reason to take it out on the other person. Rejection is part of dating. You're not supposed to take it personally if someone rejects you nor should you take it personally if the person who shows interest isn't the person you wanted. Sadly, there are people who can't handle this type of feedback. When the world tells them "you're not as hot as you think you are", they react badly.
Why would getting interest from someone you are not (initially) interested in be taken as the world telling you "You're not as hot as you think you are", People who think like that are bullets to be dodged.

The woman that showed me the most interest was not noticed by me at first. However, what I get from her was more along the lines of "You are so much better than you think?"... Which is still a version of "You are not as hot as you think you are" only the better version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships