Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:48 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,306,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I get hit on by homeless dudes and other less than desireable guys fairly often and still find it flattering .

The most flattering though for me is when I get an honest compliment by a woman I haven't met before. I just got a compliment from a 70+ lady in the store and it made my day.
When I was homeless on the streets, I was often the one getting hit on by women. I was a little standoffish though. I often had that side-eyed look about me, because I was homeless. What would y'all want from me?

But okay, come get you some dumpster lovin I suppose.

As of right now, I have an older lady who compliments my lips whenever she sees me. I always enjoy her company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 12:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,195,965 times
Attraction is like a knee jerk reaction and so is repulsion. It's what happens afterwards that is more in your own control. Like reasoning in your mind that the fact any person is attracted to you is just flattering, but that's where it stops. Nobody can help their initial reaction, though.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:07 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,079,489 times
I've never been approached but I've been on the other end of being the ugly/average guy getting a harsh response from a women I approached at a party who seemed so offended that I asked for her number her after we talked that that she walked away from me and avoided me the rest of the party.

It made me feel like **** and I haven't approached a women since

Old 10-04-2014, 01:26 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,287,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I've never been approached but I've been on the other end of being the ugly/average guy getting a harsh response from a women I approached at a party who seemed so offended that I asked for her number her after we talked that that she walked away from me and avoided me the rest of the party.

It made me feel like **** and I haven't approached a women since
Sorry to hear that one experience actually ruined your confidence to approach woman
Hope you get it back together and have better luck in future.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:28 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,079,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Sorry to hear that one experience actually ruined your confidence to approach woman
I very rarely approach women anyway this was the first time in awhile I did and a reminder why I dont

Old 10-04-2014, 01:29 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,093,868 times
It has nothing to do with looks for me.
I get offended when someone who clearly brings nothing to the table acts like I'd be remotely interested in them for two seconds. It is offensive, because it's like they are saying something about *you* that you'd be so desperate that you'd welcome that attention.
It also points to some assumptions about me they're likely making.

That being said, I'm never rude about it.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:31 PM

432 posts, read 360,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
If someone shows interest in you, but it's someone you don't find desirable, how do you react? I've noticed that some people actually get offended. It's something you expect to see in high school, but it's kind of sad to see it among adults. OK, so the ugly guy or the fat girl dared to ask you out. Why get upset about it? Why not just be flattered by the attention, assuming they showed that attention in a classy way? IMO, the people who get offended are the people who think being asked out by an undesirable person is a reflection of their own desirability. Did you ever get offended because someone you found undesirable or "out of your league" asked you out or showed interest?
A negative response to ones advances(normal not a pranksters) is a sign of one being egotistical.

"Oh that guy/girl asked me? What an insult! I'm better than that!" <-- in reality they aren't. In fact they're among the bottom of the barrel.

And to answer you question, no. However it has happened in the past back when I was a less confident person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships