Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:25 PM

432 posts, read 361,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Probably. Perhaps the guy stops the whole dinner and a movie things, and decides to ask her hiking. Because he likes her, enjoys her company, and wants to share something he enjoys. Meaning he stops the seduction routine, and starts wanting to know her as a person.
That is completely ridiculous.

The moment you stop the seduction route is the moment she will begin to loose interest. That is called complacency and is one of the reasons for failing marriages. They key here is to use seduction WHILST getting to know her as a person- or also known as "Screening."

Old 10-04-2014, 12:39 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Laugh at loud at the people calling the boyfriend immature. Don't EVER go out and having sex with some dudes on the first date or one night stand, then make a subsequent dude wait because you want to "take things slow" and you "really like him," then wait for sex. That is just plain disrespectful, and frankly he should have a right to be pissed, and honestly you probably shouldn't never told him. This is why one should never long term relationship someone who doesn't put out first or second date.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:55 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Next time he wants to talk about tell him you don't want to, that it was a mistake and wasn't a pleasant experience, like the time you spend with him

Old 10-04-2014, 02:13 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
That is completely ridiculous.

The moment you stop the seduction route is the moment she will begin to loose interest. That is called complacency and is one of the reasons for failing marriages. They key here is to use seduction WHILST getting to know her as a person- or also known as "Screening."
What I meant was stop the pursuit of sex (in and of itself), and start pursuit of her as a whole person (including seduction because her sexuality is part of her).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-04-2014, 05:39 PM

295 posts, read 307,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
Here's your answer...

Here is an example of the ''bad guy''.
This is an example of a promiscuous guy who probably has bpd.

Depends on the definition of "good" and "bad" and what exactly the OP means with "bad reputation". A guy who treats women poorly and is a cheater, definitely has some problems on his own. But most men who suck with women tend to describe themselves as good men, which most often is not the case, unfortunately. In fact they are just envious.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:17 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG14 View Post
Actually, this is great and spot on. Thanks. I'm pretty sure the topic is going to come up when he comes over so this is what I'll say. Thanks bunches!!

I wonder what makes you think a guy would fall for that line.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:27 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Some men don't really understand the bolded.
They think because they are a man with a penis, and he was a man with a penis, they should all be treated equally. These types of men think with their penis. Fine one that actually uses his brain and you won't have this problem.

And don't move in with him.
The 'problem' is, any guys with a bit of sense completely understand what is written in bold. In some cases, they even get intimate with other men while taking the time to make sure they want to be intimate with the other guy. We aren't fools, spin it in any way you want to but most guys know the truth.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:28 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
1) It sounds like he is jealous because he knows that guy. It makes it easier to picture, which is harder to get over. You cannot change that.

Act normal. You have a past. I assume he does too.

2) Do NOT move in together.
+1.... To the OP, as much as I hate to say it , there may not be any rebounding from this in your case. Me being a guy, your BF may feel like you are tainted now. I don't have another way of putting it.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Laugh at loud at the people calling the boyfriend immature. Don't EVER go out and having sex with some dudes on the first date or one night stand, then make a subsequent dude wait because you want to "take things slow" and you "really like him," then wait for sex. That is just plain disrespectful, and frankly he should have a right to be pissed, and honestly you probably shouldn't never told him. This is why one should never long term relationship someone who doesn't put out first or second date.
LOL well put! I never understood the, " I'm going to smash this one guy, but make the long term guy wait and take it slow". That's why I think its funny that women (not talking about ALL women) wear white wedding gowns.LOL

Old 10-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Here we go again.

1. The talk about moving in together is very premature. You haven't even been through a full set of seasons.

2. Your past relationships are none of his business. You do not owe him any further explanation. Once you said that yes, you dated the other guy, he should have shut up and left it alone, and when he asked you about whether you had sex with the other guy, you should have told him that further details were none of his business. Unfortunately, the cat is out of the bag, and now your boyfriend is showing you that he is a tool more concerned with how quickly you satisfied his penis than how well he gets along with you. That he is busy comparing "wait times" with the other guy means he is nowhere near as mature as necessary to live with someone.

3. That you don't see this and have to ask strangers on a message board about it means you're not experienced enough or mature enough to move in with someone, yourself.

If you want to continue dating this guy, tell him that your past sexual encounters are between you and the people you had them with. If he doesn't like that, he can take a flying leap at a rolling donut.
I dunno, if the OP and her BF ever considered getting married, they can't sweep things like this under the rug. If a girl got mad at me or defensive about her past relationships, I wound think "damn, must have been some nasty stuff going on with her back in the day". LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships