Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG14 View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost half a year. Recently we started to talk about moving in together and getting serious. Yay!!! Anyway to make a long story short, he recently was told that I was with a guy he's heard of. That guy has a rep and it's not good. He asked me if we dated and I said yes but that it didn't mean anything and was for a really short period of time. Of course he asked if I slept with him. I didn't want to lie so I said yes but again emphasized that it didn't mean anything. He then asked why we waited a while to get intimate and again I was truthful and told him I thought what we have is special and really meaningful so I didn't want to jump into "things" quickly.

He just doesn't seem to get this. He sees it sort of opposite and feels weird. I don't know how else to explain it to him. To the guys here, is this how guys think? Also, to the women here, how can I better explain it to him? It's sort of started to affect us and I want him and me to be like before.
The only thing I would have a problem with if I was your boyfriend is this. I don't get this female mindset of making the "nice guy" wait, but letting the guy you really don't like hit it quickly. Did he find out before or after yall got together, that you "dated" somebody he knew?

Old 10-05-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
It sounds like the both of you are quite young.

You can tell him that you have always heard that guys do not respect girls who put out too quickly, and the guys will often not want to be in a relationship with a girl like that. With the other guy you really didn't care about that because you weren't in love with him.

Then tell him that with him you were afraid he was going to look down on you and would not want to be with you in a relationship if you put out too quickly, so you waited because you totally love him unlike the other guy. Make sure to also add that you really, really wanted to have sex with him sooner, but because of all that other stuff you had to fight that urge, and tell him it was so hard doing that.
Lol, so basically manipulate him.

Last edited by 14Bricks; 10-05-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 10-05-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
For some guys knowing that you've been intimate with a guy he knows is a little rougher... it makes easier if it's just some faceless dude that the he doesn't know.... not sure how to answer other than that.......
Agreed. He probably never would have gotten with her if he knew she banged some dude he knew.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I wonder if there is anything that is the reversal for women in this case? A man that has no problem taking another woman out to dinner and entertainment, but then is cheap as hell with you for the first 3 months because he thinks you are special?
Are you serious, women on here say a man is a loser if he even mentions they go dutch on the first date.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:41 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
If your going to bs him, do it up right. Look dear, I figured a guy like you had been around the block and had tons of experience so I was apprehensive and nervous that my lack of experience would show, that's all.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:45 PM

8 posts, read 11,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Thank you. I needed a good laugh today, and I nearly fell off my chair guffawing at the stupidity and audacity of that little outburst. Were you wagging your finger at the monitor and typing with one hand when you wrote it? I can hear Eric Cartman from here. "Listen, Missy..."

At any rate, try to accept that some guys are for screwing and tossing aside, and some guys are relationship material.

Oh, wait, did that sound sexist?
Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. I think we're going to break up because he wants to break up. I quoted the part above because I actually tried to explain it to him like that. Problem is he freaked at that. He doesn't want to be the relationship guy who has to wait and he doesn't want to be with a girl that does that. I am like so depressed today.

As for him being immature and all that, whatever. I don't see him like that. It's more that he sees himself as I guess a sucker like some people said here whereas the other guy who's running his mouth "got it" no problem.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:48 PM

8 posts, read 11,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
If your going to bs him, do it up right. Look dear, I figured a guy like you had been around the block and had tons of experience so I was apprehensive and nervous that my lack of experience would show, that's all.
I think I don't want to bs him. He really is a good guy and I think it's wrong to do that. Even though this is a pretty good line of reasoning I guess.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:53 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG14 View Post
Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. I think we're going to break up because he wants to break up. I quoted the part above because I actually tried to explain it to him like that. Problem is he freaked at that. He doesn't want to be the relationship guy who has to wait and he doesn't want to be with a girl that does that. I am like so depressed today.

As for him being immature and all that, whatever. I don't see him like that. It's more that he sees himself as I guess a sucker like some people said here whereas the other guy who's running his mouth "got it" no problem.
This sounds like a reasonable response from a genuine, quality man. I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:54 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Thank you. I needed a good laugh today, and I nearly fell off my chair guffawing at the stupidity and audacity of that little outburst. Were you wagging your finger at the monitor and typing with one hand when you wrote it? I can hear Eric Cartman from here. "Listen, Missy..."

At any rate, try to accept that some guys are for screwing and tossing aside, and some guys are relationship material.

Oh, wait, did that sound sexist?
The guys that are relationship material (and who are wise to this) can and will do better than be with a woman that screws and tosses aside the guy that was not relationship material. Personally, I accept this notion just fine and it sounds like the OP's bf is starting to accept this as well, hence her feeling the need to rephrase what you just described to make it sound different.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:55 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,175,996 times
So....what I got out of this thread is that if a woman likes a guy, she'll string him along for a good long while...but if she doesn't feel anything for a guy, she'll drop her pants at the first opportunity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships