Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 09:20 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Well...

What do you want?
Her needs are secondary, the child's best interest should be the concerns and her wants come next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 09:21 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,185 times
The negative nancy in me wants to say hes buttering you up for a custody battle later so PLEASE protect yourself and contact a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The positive side wants to say dont send mix signals, just accept any help and make sure you make it clear its just friends.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:23 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The problem is is that people don't think about what's best for the kids.. I get friggin hot thinking about it... I grew up in a really really dysfunctional home lots of problems men in and out of my moms life, severe lack of consistency and a whole other long long laundry list of things and it stems from people not doing what's best for the kids I see it over and and over and over in real life and on this forum, Yeah, I'll get judgy real quick about it... people do what's best for them and the kids don't always matter.

Do I know you personally no.. I don't and you may be fine it's the reason I edited my initial post, my rant is more directed at the bigger picture in our society with our hookup culture and the like.....

Kids get lost in the dumb ass parents foolishness in how they live their lives... all kinds of baby mama drama...

You understand what I'm talking about.

I don't have kids myself but I'm a major advocate of kids having a decent shot at a good life.

Studies show that young women without a good support system, preferable a spouse, that the kids don't do as well as others.

That's my only beef and of course people are gonna come on here and say no.. no the hookup culture is fine, tons of men revolving in and out of the kids life is just fine.......
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Not me.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:24 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,725 times
You usually hear women complaining that the guy who got them pregnant disappears and does not want to take responsibility. Be happy that this guy actually wants to be there for the child he helped create.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:24 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
I gotta ask....... Were you on the pill or just having random sex without protection ?

Old 10-04-2014, 09:29 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Her needs are secondary, the child's best interest should be the concerns and her wants come next.
I feel the same way too.

But I am curious as to why she feels that her needs are more important than her child's needs.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:30 PM

28 posts, read 39,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I gotta ask....... Were you on the pill or just having random sex without protection ?
I'm not on birth control but condoms were used both times.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:30 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Um...even if she was on the pill, if its a 'hookup', they were having random sex without protection. I guess they dont get random STDs in her neck of the woods.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
You usually hear women complaining that the guy who got them pregnant disappears and does not want to take responsibility. Be happy that this guy actually wants to be there for the child he helped create.
Agreed. It shocks me how some people take things for granted. She may not want the guy, but least he treats her well, and is trying to help, rather than saying "It's not mine, f off." And even if they don't get together, him being in the baby's life consistently will be good. A good mother and father is something children should have-even if said mom and dad are involved with one another.

And heck, OP, you could try dating the guy a bit. You said you don't know him that well. But he seems to treat you well. Why not give him a chance? You may have good chemistry with him, and be crazy about him.

One of the downfalls of "hookup culture." A few min of nice sex, great. But then all this drama happens. Having babies with people you didn't want, or like, drama of a child and being a single parent, etc.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatamievendoing View Post
We only did it twice before I found out I was pregnant and I just don't know him that well. I'm actually more traditional and wanted a baby after I got married and found the right guy, Prince Charming and all that. Then this happened and it was a complete plot twist. I have always wanted a baby though and I have a steady job so I'm going through with the pregnancy.

I have nothing against people having casual sex, but if you are more traditional and wanted a baby AFTER marriage then you really need to reconsider having sex with men you don't know that well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships