Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:30 PM

4 posts, read 8,255 times

Advertisements

I used to like this guy in high school, we flirted and stuff, but nothing came of it because he was a player and just wanted sex - which every other girl in my school gave up to him. He would never speak to them afterwards. We would talk to each other on and off between the 11th and 12th grade, but stopped once I told him I won't have sex with him.

It's been 3 years since HS ended, and since we've talked. Recently, he's attempted to get in contact with me, and his friends that I do talk to til this day keep bringing him up recently as well.

If he's such a player, and I'm just another girl in his books, why does he specifically keep coming in and out of my life, especially if we haven't spoken in 3 years? To my knowledge he doesn't behave like this towards any of the other females he has gotten with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 04:33 PM

11,192 posts, read 9,015,082 times
Probably because you seem like an easy mark.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:15 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,104,847 times
The only way someone can come in and out of your life is if you let them.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:29 PM

11,192 posts, read 9,015,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
The only way someone can come in and out of your life is if you let them.
This too.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,842,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
I used to like this guy in high school, we flirted and stuff, but nothing came of it because he was a player and just wanted sex - which every other girl in my school gave up to him. He would never speak to them afterwards. We would talk to each other on and off between the 11th and 12th grade, but stopped once I told him I won't have sex with him.

It's been 3 years since HS ended, and since we've talked. Recently, he's attempted to get in contact with me, and his friends that I do talk to til this day keep bringing him up recently as well.

If he's such a player, and I'm just another girl in his books, why does he specifically keep coming in and out of my life, especially if we haven't spoken in 3 years? To my knowledge he doesn't behave like this towards any of the other females he has gotten with.
Because you're a challenge to him.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:34 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,833,510 times
Quote:

Because he sees you as a conquest. You haven't "given it up" yet and that is fueling his fire to see if he can finally win you. I would keep him far away from you and don't give him what he wants. If you do, you'll regret it and you'll end up feeling stupid.

If it meant nothing to you and you just wanted to have some fun, I would give you different advice. But I don't think that you can separate feelings from fun with this guy, so it would not be smart to get into anything with him.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:40 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,155,680 times
Quote:

You're a challenge.

If you want to get rid of him, sleep with him.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:51 PM

17 posts, read 23,493 times
you don't really know if he treats other girls like this though... really unless you are in his inner circle you can sometimes just see what you want to see.... and this is where you are leading yourself down a garden path and as a woman i know we do this! and we do it to ourselves... if you have the red flags which this message contains trust your gut and avoid the area... put up road blocks and yeah just move on.... he can't contact you unless you have allowed him to. i never let ex's back into my life and there are very simple ways to ensure they don't contact and ignoring there communication works a treat and equally pisses them off )))))))

Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 PM

783 posts, read 846,303 times
Maybe you are the one that got away. Don't think you are special and that he will change because of you. Once a player he will stay a player until he actually changes.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:59 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
Quote:

This answer is simple, you ALLOW HIM TO.
Put a stop to the contact and he will go away for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships