Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 05:27 PM

268 posts, read 648,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Do men ever decide that a woman is just a friend and they don't want to have sex or is it just women? I feel like men are more ready to go, but, I'm really not sure
Yes all the time. If there is a girl that likes me but I only like her as a friend then I am happy to be her friend. It is usually because I am not physically attracted to her or mentally attracted.

However sometimes they make good friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 05:33 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
It's possible, only with someone unattractive, imho. Sure, you can be friends with an attractive woman, but its really not the same type of friendship you can have with a bro.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:40 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,882,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It's possible, only with someone unattractive, imho. Sure, you can be friends with an attractive woman, but its really not the same type of friendship you can have with a bro.
Don't you have any female friends who are attractive enough to sleep with, but you wouldn't because you wouldn't want to date them or deal with the social repercussions of sleeping with them? I've had several friends over the years who fell under this umbrella, including yes some who have been interested. Yeah there is a little bit of tension there but beyond that the friendship is fairly similar to one with a guy friend or an unattractive girl, unless she makes a move and takes it badly when you demur.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:47 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,089 times
There's a difference between friends and friend zone.

Men do both.

Many men have female friends.

Some men also string women along who are attracted to them and want relationships with them, instead of being honest about the fact that they don't want sex or romance with them. We had a thread just last week, where a woman was in that situation.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:50 PM

158 posts, read 143,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Do men ever decide that a woman is just a friend and they don't want to have sex or is it just women? I feel like men are more ready to go, but, I'm really not sure
Yes, they do Stormy. Ladies from work for example would be prime candidates for friends only.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:52 PM

783 posts, read 849,481 times
The only women I've ever put into the friend zone are women that I have absolutely no attraction too or would be wildly inappropriate for me to date. At the same time if I need more friends I'll meet other guys or get a dog. I don't go out and meet women with the intention of finding more or new friends.

So for me the friend zone is me telling a woman that I have zero romantic interest in her but don't mind her as a person. It certainly doesn't mean I want to hang out with her or throw down a beer sometime in the future. There is something about her that I deem undateable but doesn't mean I want to be her friend either.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:34 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,803 times
Men totally friend zone.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:50 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,737,655 times
Sure, I have a couple of times. Throughout high school a friend had a thing for me, but try as I may I just could not force myself to be attracted to her. More recently, a good friend who was engaged straight up told me she wanted me instead of her fiancé. I told her that even without him in the picture, I simply wasn't attracted to her. She still married him soon after. And I've had quite a few female friends whom I had no desire to date or sleep with, but as far as I know they saw me in the same way so there was no drama involved. I usually have more female friends than male.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:52 PM

117 posts, read 142,078 times
Yes, I've put a few women in the "friendzone" over the years without me having a clue, only finding out much later they wanted more than just friendship.As for friendship, I value female friends as much as I do male ones, they're all people, don't care what's between their legs, I treasure their friendship dearly.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships