Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 03:40 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times

Advertisements

Yes, I dont like baby damage.

Baby=no go for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 04:12 PM

722 posts, read 1,327,629 times
I would never date a person that has children from a previous relation or marriage

even if the kids are grown up and left the house, I still wouldnt be interested

Old 10-09-2014, 04:18 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Never say never. I have said "I will NEVER date a single father" and I ended up with two single fathers and I loved both of them and their kids.

My sister has made fun of me and my brother because she claimed that she would NEVER get emotionally involved with a person with kids. She ended up being a single mom herself. (I dated two single dads, my brother married one single mother, my other brother dated bunch of single moms. I guess we are all losers with no options in some people's eyes)

The bottom line is that nobody can predict the future. I would prefer NOT to date another single father because bonding with another woman's child seems impossible to me. But maybe someday I will grow up maybe some day I will learn to be more tolerate and love another person selflessly.

How can you prevent falling in love with another person simply because he/she has a kid?

Old 10-09-2014, 04:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Never say never. I have said "I will NEVER date a single father" and I ended up with two single fathers and I loved both of them and their kids.

My sister has made fun of me and my brother because she claimed that she would NEVER get emotionally involved with a person with kids. She ended up being a single mom herself. (I dated two single dads, my brother married one single mother, my other brother dated bunch of single moms. I guess we are all losers with no options in some people's eyes)

The bottom line is that nobody can predict the future. I would prefer NOT to date another single father because bonding with another woman's child seems impossible to me. But maybe someday I will grow up maybe some day I will learn to be more tolerate and love another person selflessly.

How can you prevent falling in love with another person simply because he/she has a kid?
Easy. I don't like being around kids. That's a good reason to repel me away from a woman.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:32 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Easy. I don't like being around kids. That's a good reason to repel me away from a woman.
Good for you. It is not easy to me.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:14 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yeah, a lot of this kind of thing depends on age. And that's one thing we never break down in these threads. It basically kind of boils down to "what's the *norm* for your age group."

When you are in your 20s and early 30s, with so many people without kids, it's easy to make it an exclusion and it makes sense too since the world is your oyster with lots of other 20-somethings with no kids and nothing to tie them down. The norm at this age is to not have kids.

But when you get into your late 30s, 40s, and even early 50s... pickings are slim as most people are or have been married and a lot of those married people had kids. Like I said, if you are a man in that age group (late 30s into late 40s like the men I date), chances are you yourself are also divorced and maybe have kids too. Ruling out women with kids (or if you are a woman, a man with kids) greatly limits your dating pool. The norm at this age *is* to have kids.

I really think people are just accepting of whatever the norm is for their age. And that's understandable.

If you look at the total population having kids may be the norm. If you only use middle class and higher I don't think that is true.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:19 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
If I have kids as well, no it isn't a deal breaker.

If I do not have kids then it will be a different story.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:03 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
After a certain age, dating a woman with kids becomes part of being a man. Finding a woman, past the age of 28 or so, without kids, feels impossible sometimes.

Some kids can be more of a deal breaker than others.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 2,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
The sad thing is, that this kid is the one who gets to suffer.

Suffer... Uhm, no, she's not suffering. He is and so am I. He's sick of her behavior too and he told me so. He doesn't know what to do and I have bent over backwards to accommodate the situation, but I'm at my wit's end. This didn't start yesterday. I'm over it. I'm unhappy. He's unhappy and she's ... well... whatever. She's been badly raised and it will cost him too. I'm human and I won't pretend that I'm perfect but enough is enough. I love him, and he's been worth it, but I am getting to the point where I don't want to deal with a situation that makes me unhappy to this point. I don't think it will ever change and that's the mistake. Thinking it will change for the better. I'm at the point where I have to weigh my options and understand that he is probably better off without the misery of trying to balance the feelings of two people. And I'm better off with someone whose issues are easier to handle (because no one is perfect). I made a mistake and I'm paying the price. I'm out.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
well it depends on how old you are because someone who is 45 or older is not likely to meet someone without kids whether they are a man or woman. Now if you are 45 or older and still want to date someone with no kids, that may change to someone with one kid who is 17 or older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships