Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 07:07 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times

Advertisements

A property investor friend of mine once told me that, to rent one of his properties, he shows it at least 20 times before someone even submits an application. And, he has to go through 10-15 applications before he finds a tenant he's willing to rent to.

How closely does this parallel the dating world? How many people do you ask on a date before you get one? How many people do you date before you find someone who wants to go on a second date? How many people do you go on multiple dates with, before you find yourself in a relationship with one of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 07:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
A property investor friend of mine once told me that, to rent one of his properties, he shows it at least 20 times before someone even submits an application. And, he has to go through 10-15 applications before he finds a tenant he's willing to rent to.

How closely does this parallel the dating world? How many people do you ask on a date before you get one? How many people do you date before you find someone who wants to go on a second date? How many people do you go on multiple dates with, before you find yourself in a relationship with one of them?
It might be better to try and learn from your mistakes.

If you ask someone out and they say 'no', ask yourself what incompatibility they saw, that you missed.

Same if you want a second date and they do not.

These things should not happen very often. The perception of incompatibilities should be mutual in most cases.

You need to figure out why you are missing key info.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Haven't dated since 2012.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:39 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post

Since 2010 I had 4 dates, I am not dating many at the same time. If I am talking to some one I will talk that person and see if there is a click or willing to see in person. It is quiet hard to say exactly. It is depend some times I like them but they don't like cats or they are allergic, and some times they like me but I don't. it takes some time to get the feeling that this is the man I want to be with.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
The real estate comparison is reasonable, I think, but not really the same.

You can date one or many, and still make a good - or bad - choice. But to get to know what you like and who may be compatible takes experience of different people.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:17 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
My ex left 6 years ago and since then I've been on over 100 dates and one relationship of 9 mo duration came out of it. Yes I think I'm doing something wrong but not sure what. Even if I just stuck with the ones that I have chemistry with, which is rare for me, even those don't often turn into relationships.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:22 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
I am up to dating 18 or 19 different guys since the beginning of August... Still no relationship.

And i am not even picky any more. The last guy I dated was just released from jail 24 hours before...

At this point it is comical.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:53 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,278,514 times
Is it just me, or has dating become too exhausting and stressful? As a guy, you have to first approach the woman, know what to say when to say it, look a certain way, have X amount of money or none at all, know when to be a gentlemen and when to be a d-bag. And that's just the first week! I'm willing to put in effort but damn!

Old 10-06-2014, 11:55 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
I dont know, I'll let you know when I start dating.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:59 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,278,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am up to dating 18 or 19 different guys since the beginning of August... Still no relationship.

And i am not even picky any more. The last guy I dated was just released from jail 24 hours before...

At this point it is comical.
This doesn't make sense. 19 dates in the past 2 months and you're not picky?....anyway....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships