Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:10 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times

Advertisements

So as I said in another post, I have been on 18 or 19
Dates since Aug 1. Only two did i spend more than one evening with them. Neither guy was a prize.

I get lots of messages on but they are all from either much younger men, foreign guys or black men. I want the local, down to earth, country boy that can fit into my life. I am not interested in flings, nor do my kids need to see losers come in and and out of our lives. They have dads that do enough of that already.

At the beginning, i was attempting to be picky. I have sinced lowered my standards significantly and that has not worked either. And i am dating way below my league in many of these cases. (Ie drug addict, just released from jail, etc) i am an attractive, nice person and deserve better than what I have found that has an interest in me.

So where do I find the decent guys? What is wrong with me? I keep taking breaks from online dating, hoping a return will result in better results. No luck so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 07:18 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Dates since Aug 1. Only two did i spend more than one evening with them. Neither guy was a prize.

I get lots of messages on but they are all from either much younger men, foreign guys or black men. I want the local, down to earth, country boy that can fit into my life. I am not interested in flings, nor do my kids need to see losers come in and and out of our lives. They have dads that do enough of that already.

At the beginning, i was attempting to be picky. I have sinced lowered my standards significantly and that has not worked either. And i am dating way below my league in many of these cases. (Ie drug addict, just released from jail, etc) i am an attractive, nice person and deserve better than what I have found that has an interest in me.

So where do I find the decent guys? What is wrong with me? I keep taking breaks from online dating, hoping a return will result in better results. No luck so far.
You're going on 18-19 dates and still can't find someone? If you go on a lot of dates like that, your dating life is not laughable, but infinitely better than the average man. It sounds like you are still being too picky. Your likely problem is that you have too many options and Grass Is Greener Syndrome. You likely have found decent men, but have ruled them out for nonsensical reasons. Your dating life will improve once you stop doing that.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,518 times
Quote:

Don't change your self with hoping to catch a guy. Be who you are. And there is no reason to date people you don't like and comfortable with.
Quote:
So where do I find the decent guys?
they are simply not exist now days. who ever exist are taken either dead either old.
Quote:
What is wrong with me?
I don't think you have a problem. I think the problem is too much of fakers on board with online dating. How about dating some one in real life? Through your friends? I met also miserable people through online dating but there were some good people too.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 AM

Oh there has been a few that I had interest in but they did not want me.

I was willing to keep the guy that just had got out of jail the night before. How messed up is that? I dont think that is being to picky at all.

I did drop the drug user after a couple days. I just cant accept that lifestyle. And the guy that was trying to control me after one date.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:

I was willing to keep the guy that just had got out of jail the night before. How messed up is that? I dont think that is being to picky at all.

I did drop the drug user after a couple days. I just cant accept that lifestyle. And the guy that was trying to control me after one date.
I have difficulty believing that after 20 dates, you can't find one guy that has a stable lifestyle. What about all of those normal guys that you likely went out with that you didn't feel "chemistry" with? Or the ones that you didn't even bother responding to because they aren't tall and good-looking?

I'm sure that there are more of those kinds of men than you are letting on.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:

Why you want to date that sort of men any way? I would not do that. I prefer to be alone than with them. I don't think you are picky at all in that sens.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:30 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,971,475 times
This i had to respond.
I can't imagine going on 19 dates since August. It's now first weekend of oct. Thats in less than 90 days.

How did you managed to find the time? How do u do it.
If you have a full time job and children

Where do you find these men?

I am a single male, just out of a relationship. It feels good.
If I know this about a female. I d avoid her at all level.

Obviously I am new and I must be missing some previous posts.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
This i had to respond.
I can't imagine going on 19 dates since August. It's now first weekend of oct. Thats in less than 90 days.

I'd suggest avoiding the vast majority of females then. All women are just a click away from being able to do this due to online dating.

As a man doing online dating, consider yourself as part of the assembly line of men that any particular woman will date until she finds her perfect man.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I have difficulty believing that after 20 dates, you can't find one guy that has a stable lifestyle. What about all of those normal guys that you likely went out with that you didn't feel "chemistry" with? Or the ones that you didn't even bother responding to because they aren't tall and good-looking?

I'm sure that there are more of those kinds of men than you are letting on.
The only stable ones have been much younger guys with no kids and they seem to just want the fling style relationship. I dont want that. And they lose interest in me.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
This i had to respond.

Obviously I am new and I must be missing some previous posts.
same feeling gotta here too..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships