Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Not true. Sometimes you meet someone and don't think much of them - but then you get to know them and you become attracted to them. I agree that you can't have a relationship with someone you aren't physically attracted to - but just because you aren't physically attracted to someone at first glance doesn't mean that you will never be physically attracted to them.
You have to have a personality and an ability to carry on a conversation to get to this place you are describing. These guys who think they must be instantly smitten and/or attract a woman solely at first glance are lacking in the social skills department, so they never get to that level.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Bonus points for using "bespoke" in a post about dating. Well played.
Twas a pleasure, milady *doffs fedora*

Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Have you ever had that experience when you date someone who is just sort of meh, not much physical attraction, but he's really into you, then you give him a turn in the sack and all of a sudden you can't get enough of him, in or out of the boudoir? Pheromone and oxytocin overload, and it's love. The inside and the outside of the guy come together in your mind to make a whole different, complete person, and you really see who he is, and he is so cool.

It's not the sex, it's the reveal, when you discover he has got it--what attracts you--going on inside his head.

Ladies you know what I am talking about.
Oh yeah. I've had that experience. It's always when you least expect it. Bam!

Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 PM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
Quote:
You could never prove it, though. Photos? They'd not prove a thing.

Since you are determined to discuss it here, your post was deleted for discussing moderation. It was not deleted because you felt you could prove your mail order bride point.
My girl is american, I've never dated foreign. (Not too many here) I didn't say anything about mail order bride. All I said was there are more hottie's overseas. I didn't "guys hope one of those sites"

Old 10-08-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
My girl is american, I've never dated foreign. (Not too many here) I didn't say anything about mail order bride. All I said was there are more hottie's overseas. I didn't "guys hope one of those sites"
Well, congratulations, jay. When's the wedding?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
You have to have a personality and an ability to carry on a conversation to get to this place you are describing. These guys who think they must be instantly smitten and/or attract a woman solely at first glance are lacking in the social skills department, so they never get to that level.
You have to get a chance though. You have to have a mutual friend or some kind of activity where you see someone more than once. Or at least spend enough time with them to get know them. You can't just cold approach get a number and hope she answers her phone.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Well, congratulations, jay. When's the wedding?
If this one gets serious, I'll have that talk with her.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Yeah, despite the expected bad reactions of some, of course the gist of it is true. I cite two research findings that support it: narcissism correlates at least slightly with physical attractiveness, and the rise in narcissism has been greater in women than men. It's probably fantasy to think someone has done a study specifically about BMI and narcissism, but if there were one from 30 years ago and one today, it could settle the issue.

It would be nice if people would acknowledge the truth, so that we could begin to talk about how to improve the situation. And a simple "women lose weight" isn't quite the way to go about it

Old 10-08-2014, 11:19 PM

235 posts, read 298,985 times
The point I was trying to make about the tv show is that, horror of horrors, overweight people somehow manage to find love too. Very few women are supermodel gorgeous and very few men resemble George Clooney, but somehow they find another person who desires them.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Nil

You're assuming that everyone who rates themselves is truthful. From what I hear about online dating, everybody lies about their looks.

Also, if a guy just goes to the gym to up his number by 2, rather than going simply because it's his lifestyle to stay healthy and fit, isn't he showing that he's incredibly superficial?

Obesity has less of an effect on the dating market than the superficiality of it all, the inability of people to communicate effectively, and the pathetic caliber of people who resort to dating sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships