Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleandmodels View Post

I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm completely off on this theory.

Thanks.
Consider it.

[seriously]

Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleandmodels View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if obesity has made it so that the average thin girl is now valued at her numerical rating + 2 for being thin.

For example, a plain girl who is thin would be considered a 7 (5 + 2 point bump for being thin)

The reason I came up with this theory is the number of average guys who are into the gym culture in the US has skyrocketed. The reason average guys initially start going to the gym is to get jacked and thus go from a 5 to a 7.

Once they become a 7, they can then attract an average, thin girl.

I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm completely off on this theory.

Thanks.
Obviously an oversimplification, but it has some merit. There are few unisex forums on the internet where this would get an objective hearing (I actually can't name one, I am just a hopeless optimist). Not sure why you posted this here.

eta: for those confusing "Overweight" with "Obese", these are actually specifically defined medical terms. Overweight= BMI from 25.0 to 29.9, Obese= BMI from 30.0 to 34,9, Morbidly Obese= BMI from 35.0 to 39.9, Normal weight = BMI from 18.5 to 24.9

Last edited by Robert5; 10-08-2014 at 09:22 PM..

Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Yes,

I didn't read past the first page where everybody's criticizing the numbers you're putting up. Forget the numbers, a thin girl with an average face is the new hot. Have you been overseas, Brazil, Spain, Russia? Hot women everywhere and people wonder why. Lol it's not that they're naturally more beautiful, it's cause they're all in shape.

Oh and has anybody ever looked in a yearbook from the 70's?
So much fail in so little space.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:13 PM

814 posts, read 759,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
So much fail in so little space.
Little space, you mean in your head?

Old 10-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Sounds about right to me. Obviously an oversimplification, but it has some merit. There are few unisex forums on the internet where this would get an objective hearing (I actually can't name one, I am just a hopeless optimist). Not sure why you posted this here.

eta: for those confusing "Overweight" with "Obese", these are actually specifically defined medical terms. Overweight= BMI from 25.0 to 29.9, Obese= BMI from 30.0 to 34,9, Morbidly Obese= BMI from 35.0 to 39.9, Normal weight = BMI from 18.5 to 24.9
Yep.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 PM

235 posts, read 298,858 times
I don't know about that. Whenever I watch the show Four Weddings the majority of the girls featured are fat.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I'm not sure which to argue. Lol that

There aren't enough slim hotties for every nice guy who showers.

Or

Women don't like nice guys which has been proven over and over.

For a realist you sure avoided reality when I wanted to show what it's like outside of this forum. Lol
I'm married. To a hottie. Your point was?

p.s. who was born in the US... just needed to clarify.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:42 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownGirl19 View Post
I don't know about that. Whenever I watch the show Four Weddings the majority of the girls featured are fat.
I am lost, please help me out, are you saying the casting of the show fka Four Weddings is a microcosm of the human experience, and that if the majority of the cast of Four Weddings is fat, then we can conclude that most brides are fat?

Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 PM

You said

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
All y'all buy some tickets. It's easy to score a chick that wants to move here so badly that she doesn't care if she has to marry a guy that can't get a date here.

I've met quite a few of these mail order brides. They have brunch and cocktails and talk about how they're banging their personal trainer and/or tennis coach while their husband is at work.

Those women may be desperate to escape Mother Russia, but they're not stupid. Or blind.
Then when I called you out and said I'll prove otherwise, you deleted my post. Lol typical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm married. To a hottie. Your point was?

p.s. who was born in the US... just needed to clarify.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:51 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I am lost, please help me out, are you saying the casting of the show fka Four Weddings is a microcosm of the human experience, and that if the majority of the cast of Four Weddings is fat, then we can conclude that most brides are fat?
I don't think it's that unusual, do you? The heart wants what it wants. Real, lasting love is not superficial.

I think that's what these Struggling Guys™ fear and loathe the most. That "unattractive" people are finding what they so desperately want and can never have. Because they are afraid of and hate themselves.

They call it "settling," but they would give their left nut to be love and be loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships