Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:36 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Wow.

I think all the people saying you need counseling and don't think it was funny are either one or all of the following:

1. Forever alones
2. Virgins until 25
3. Not laid or on a date in 5 years

Seriously... have some of you never been to a college bar or college night?

The story is hilarous, except for OP's emotional pain. But she'll get over it.
Lol, way too generalize. And this story isn't really that funny. Throwing a glass at the girl? Yeah, no. She could have killed her. The girl likely may not have even known about the OP.

I think all the people that find this funny are either one or all of the following:

1. Have mental issues
2. Have been cheated on themselves, and thus, agree with the OP's ridiculous and uncalled for outburst.
3. Enjoy seeing others getting inflicted with pain

See how that works?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I love how all the women on here are giving the OP a "you go girl" and giving her a pass and her behavior. I like how with her criminal behavior she's still some how the victim. I guarantee if the situation was reversed and a dude had threw a glass at his ex and busted her nose with a head butt the feminist on here would be going crazy.
Can't say you're wrong, lol. If a guy did this, he'd be getting ripped to shreds right now.

The story isn't hilarious whatsoever (especially throwing glass at someone).

Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Wow.

I think all the people saying you need counseling and don't think it was funny are either one or all of the following:

1. Forever alones
2. Virgins until 25

Your assumption is not even remotely close to being correct.

Personally I am not forever alone, the age I became a non virgin has nothing to do with this topic and the amount, time and place I've had sex also has nothing to do with this topic and having been in any bar has nothing to do with the topic at hand either.

The story is not "hilarious", it is complete nonsense, immature and should not be laughed at.
She obviously cannot control her emotions, she cannot control herself when she consumes alcohol and she attacked 2 people with physical violence.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Wow.

1. Forever alones
2. Virgins until 25

Lmfao are you serious?

I find this funny since you are seriously trying excuse this type of behavior.

Going to the college party or bar is irrelevant. As are the 3 "issues" you listed above.

Smh first world problems.

Oh btw...Bad behavior does not make you a mentally stable person. Far from it actually. It's sad more and more people are feeding into this type of thinking.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I love how all the women on here are giving the OP a "you go girl" and giving her a pass and her behavior. I like how with her criminal behavior she's still some how the victim. I guarantee if the situation was reversed and a dude had threw a glass at his ex and busted her nose with a head butt the feminist on here would be going crazy.
I love how you somehow made this into something it isn't. Most of the ones saying that this isn't a big deal are MEN. And most of the ones saying that this is awful are WOMEN.

Try reading. It helps.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:53 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I love how you somehow made this into something it isn't. Most of the ones saying that this isn't a big deal are MEN. And most of the ones saying that this is awful are WOMEN.

Try reading. It helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't have a problem with what you did at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
You head butted him? HIGH FIVE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
Ditto!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
yeah me tooo some times that can happen but be happy you are not behind the bars but I worry about your drink. That might worth than what happened right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
yeah if you wanna know make a woman mad or hurt to the deep end then you know for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the headbutting him part of the story was awesome! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
The head butt was kind of over the top, but good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
It is done.... just move on... and do like an earlier poster said... find what makes you happy and added who you were when you met him. He was/is a loser... you did nothing to deserve this, you have a right feel angry and hurt. Just because you got drunk and made a mistake with going off on him and new girl doesn't make your feelings invalid.

just be glad that someone didn't get more seriously hurt, and take time to examine your own feelings about why you allowed someone to take you "there". And then make up in your mind that you won't let anyone have that kind of power over you.

If it was the alcohol that truly set this behavior into motion then you need to give serious consideration of not drinking... not that you are an alcoholic....but that you can't handle your liquor.... Some people who can't handle their liquor get violent, some get too loose with their money, some get promiscuous.

You don't have to have an alcohol habit to be a person who can't handle their liquor.

If it was not alcohol but your hurt/anger then you need to learn how to channel those feelings into something that is productive... exercise, study harder, whatever that takes your mind off of your troubles and INVEST INTO YOU
You deserve that.

Also, do not feel like you "gave" that guy something precious.... you had your first sexual experience with him.... there will be others... don't think "virginity" is a some one time prize.... by doing that you are giving that person more power/esteem than what he is really worth.

I never put my virginity on a pedastal... when I was ready for that, and I met someone that I was attracted to, I did what *I* wanted to do.... I did that because I saw my best friend put such big emphasis on her "giving her virginity" to her high school sweetheart... and just like in your case he cheated on her... it made her feel worst because she put such a high premium on her virginity and once it was gone... in her mind it was wasted, lost, etc.

I didn't do that.... I just decided it was something I was ready to do... not that it was a "gift" that I was bestowing on someone. When me and the guy broke up... it was a non issue to me.

You might want to stop before you make yourself look foolish.

Last edited by 14Bricks; 10-09-2014 at 03:02 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:

1. Forever alones
2. Virgins until 25

I don't fall into any of those, and I can tell you, I think her seeking some talk to a counselor isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:56 PM

158 posts, read 143,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
But the Three Stooges is not reality, nor is a movie with Michael Douglas (I'm assuming War of the Roses?). One of my favorite shows is Breaking Bad, which has very gratuitous violence to say the least. Some of it I actually found amusing. But again, that is a show and not reality. If people in everyday life behaved like Walter White and Jesse Pinkman I would find that revolting too.
Indeed David. I debated whether or not to add a final sentence along the same lines, but I took deliberative care to ensure that I did not come off as anti-female.

For those of you coining this as a mistake; this is not a mistake. Wearing mismatched socks is a mistake. This was an assault.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
Ok, young lady, you got your heart broken and you got bent out of shape over it, Lesson # 1 Never mix emotions with booze, it never ends up well, problems almost always starts and ends with booze, Your lucky your not in lock-up, little actions like yours could've come back to haunt you one day, career and reputation wise.

A wise person knows when to make a good stand. You saying hello and leaving could've done wonders..

Moving forward,

Apologize to the best of your abilities to everyone involved, it sucks to deal, but do it for your sake because it will heal your soul and drive on. You know that your a better person then you demonstrated, now prove it, and always remember, anyone who purposely takes the smile away from your face isn't worth all the grief anyhow, be better, smarter from here on out. And start looking for nice guys who are stand up and honest with only you in mind, take care and good luck.

Thanks,
Knight

Old 10-09-2014, 03:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
You might want to stop before you make yourself look foolish.
No, I stand by what I said. You decided to make this a gender thing. It's not. You ignored all the posts below - the ones by women who are appalled by what she did and the men who thought it was okay. Like I said, try reading before you post things just to get a rise out of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You're lucky you aren't in jail. Stop drinking. Get help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Oh man.....

I think this goes deeper than the "pain of being betrayed" I'm pretty sure I would've been angry too, but drink throwing and head butting....I think you should go see a therapist and quit drinking. You could've been put in jail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sober up and seek help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
No, I'm sorry - not normal at all. I don't care what your age, what your relationship. When I saw "went psycho," I thought it meant you did some public ranting or excessive phone calls or whatever.

What you did was commit assault.

What your little anecdote tells me is that you have some severe emotional problems, you should stop drinking immediately and you don't apparently give a crap about your future, because if you did, you wouldn't have jeopardized it by doing what you did.

See a therapist. Grow the eff up. And recognize that your boyfriend is well-rid of you. Oh, and work on who you are enough that you value yourself a bit more - because who in their right mind throws a fit and risks going to jail over someone who obviously doesn't want to be with them anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I always wanted to headbutt somebody. Plenty of people around who deserve it.

The screaming afterwards is not as cool. Makes you look psycho, yes. Maybe avoid that club for a while.

Just kidding. Violence is not the answer. Talk it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is never a good thing when someone is violent and it is even worse when one has been drinking then gets violent.
You are lucky you are not in jail, quit drinking if you cannot handle liquor and be happy that you found out he had been cheating on you and left.
Why did you attack the girl anyway? She didn't force him to cheat, she may not haven known he already had a girlfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Definitely don't go back to that club. I've banned customers for less than that. Last year a guy in my city was killed by a thrown beer mug, so it's really nothing to screw around with.

By all means you should feel hurt. But you are doing yourself a world of hurt by acting out like this in public. Imagine how humiliating it would be to go to jail for this, or be sued? Hit someone in the face with a glass and that could happen, easily.

You will get over this. It doesn't feel like it now, but in time you will heal. In the meantime, stay away from places you might run into him. Stay home and cry and curse his name with your friends, but don't go looking for more trouble for yourself until your head and heart are in a better place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Where were your friends when all this was going down? What was their reaction to your behaviour?
Quote:
Lol... OP that's actually pretty funny. I'd lmao if I saw that in person.

You don't need counseling. You were drunk and pissed and hurt. It's normal and you're young. Just learn from it and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
+1 I have had a few ex GFs like that. I attract the rough ones for some reason. LOL. Its just anger. That's all. Find a hobby that you can channel the anger through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
There is nothing wrong with the OP. If she needs counseling, then I guess like 70% of people need counseling. Has anyone ever seen the show "Cheaters"?

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You wasted a perfectly good drink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
In my opinion he deserved your headbutt...but there is every chance that his lady friend had no idea you even existed. So you probably shouldn't blame her. He could have very well been cheating on you without ever mentioning you to her.

There is a pretty good chance he will think twice before cheating on her tho!
Quote:
Wow.

1. Forever alones
2. Virgins until 25

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships