Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
That'll get you in her pants for sure.
I've always found that comedy, even bad comedy, is an excellent first date. If they are bad, I can show off my sense of humor (which I've been told is pretty good) and make fun of the crap they are saying. If he is funny, then I just get to check her out and buy her drinks.

Its a first date, and this lady isn't like some of the others I've dated, she isn't desperate. She has her life together, but I can definitely tell by talking to her that "biological" clock is ticking.

I'd consider getting into another serious relationship after dating for a year, I'm not getting younger. She is into music festivals like I am, live music, and staying fit. I'm just going to be myself, and see where it goes. If there is an attraction there on her part, then there is attraction on mine already.

Now, Saturday I have another date with a 25 year old who is going through a rough period in her life. But I have made my intentions known to her, I am not serious about dating her, I'll be her friend, and while single, if she wants to go out and have a good time, I'm all about having a good time.

I'm a long way from settling down, but if the 36 year old teacher and I hit it off, after three months, I'll consider "going steady" as it were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:58 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
The fact that she's still talking to you means she likes you. So you found a girl who doesn't want to sleep with you on the first date? That's not a bad thing you know.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:26 PM

108 posts, read 423,031 times
Yea, she's been contacting me all day, even though I haven't responded as much (mostly because I've been busy). She seems very open to another date.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:29 PM

698 posts, read 797,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperwork View Post
I met this girl online, and after 2 or 3 days of texting and talking on the phone, we set up a dinner date at my place. The plan was to eat, and then go for a walk.

Due to surprisingly bad weather (rain, thunderstorms, etc.) we ended up just continuing the date at my place, in my semi empty apartment (new apartment, haven't had living room furniture delivered yet, etc). Which forced us to 'hang' in my bedroom.

While sitting in the room chatting -- having a seemingly good conversation (her at my desk, me on my bed) I invited her to come sit with me on the bed, so that we could be close, and she rejected strongly and swiftly "i'm fine sitting here". It got awkward quick and she made up some excuse to leave.

Before she left, she hinted/suggested a future date (don't know if she was just being polite), and then texted me later, thanking me for a good time.

The next morning she started texting me again, and has made several attempts to initiate and keep conversation.

I'm an inexperienced dater, and just looking for some feedback on the situation.

How much should I read into her rejecting my advancement for physical contact? My intuition tells me to move on/she's not interested -- but I don't know whether to trust it or not.
You just met her then tried to be intimate? She doesn't know you what did you expect? Not to blame you but I'd lay off trying to get intimate. Allow you both to become close friends first. If you want to see her then continue but never be the one to make the first move. No matter how close you feel to her. She'll let you know when it's time

Old 10-09-2014, 07:38 PM

295 posts, read 307,149 times
Quote:
How much should I read into her rejecting my advancement for physical contact? My intuition tells me to move on/she's not interested -- but I don't know whether to trust it or not.

It was your first date... and you invited her to sit with you on your bed.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times
Quote:
Yea, she's been contacting me all day, even though I haven't responded as much (mostly because I've been busy). She seems very open to another date.
Contact her already!

It sounds like she likes you and hopes to get to know you better. No one can blame her for her reaction when you asked her to join you on the bed. On a first date, any woman would have wanted to run out of there. She's just contacting you over and over to make sure that everything is still okay.

Show some enthusiasm.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:01 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,163 times
Quote:
I met this girl online, and after 2 or 3 days of texting and talking on the phone, we set up a dinner date at my place. The plan was to eat, and then go for a walk.

Due to surprisingly bad weather (rain, thunderstorms, etc.) we ended up just continuing the date at my place, in my semi empty apartment (new apartment, haven't had living room furniture delivered yet, etc). Which forced us to 'hang' in my bedroom.

While sitting in the room chatting -- having a seemingly good conversation (her at my desk, me on my bed) I invited her to come sit with me on the bed, so that we could be close, and she rejected strongly and swiftly "i'm fine sitting here". It got awkward quick and she made up some excuse to leave.

Before she left, she hinted/suggested a future date (don't know if she was just being polite), and then texted me later, thanking me for a good time.

The next morning she started texting me again, and has made several attempts to initiate and keep conversation.

I'm an inexperienced dater, and just looking for some feedback on the situation.

LOL, for an inexperienced dater, you sure do know how to get a girl into bed... the first meet. That's funny. What do you expect, her sleeping with you at the very first meet so she can prove she's interested? Ugh, I hate men like you - 'inexperienced' dater.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:43 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:

She probably felt offended that you would make a move on her so quickly so fast, especially after barely just knowing her.

She didn't technically reject you.

She just didn't like how you were inviting her over to sit on the bed. Probably thought you were being just like another "dude" and wanting to get laid only, then realized maybe she over-reacted.

Either way, why not ask her, "Did I do something to offend you? Everything okay?" You're also making a huge assumption about the fact a girl rejects your physical advances = her not liking you.

A girl may like a guy, and still want to take it slow in that department ya know?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:41 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
She was declining your sexual advance, not another date. There is a difference. Not all women are all for sex after a date or two.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:48 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Quote:

DO NOT APOLOGIZE for wanting to get close to her.

You made a strong move and she rejected. If she was that disappointed and freaked out she would not have contacted you again.

If you are interested in getting physical you need to be open and upfront about it. Don't assume anything.

Talk to her and find out what her comfort level is.

Do not apologize. You have no reason to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships