Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 AM

615 posts, read 725,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
That's an entirely different argument you're making though. You've heard of the idiom birds of a feather flock together? Rich people tend to mingle with other rich people, poor people end to mingle mostly with other poor people. But this has nothing to do with the original argument that all women, regardless of income, flock to rich guys solely based on income levels.
Strawman argument. No one is saying that all women are concerned solely with a guy's income. Some are; they're called "gold-diggers". For the rest, income is still a relevant factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
One of my childhood friends married a 70 year old movie producer in Hawaii when she was 35. She is not all that and he is awful to look at. That is a pretty high profile marriage and money is what makes her happy. I make enough money to give myself a good living and I can always count on my family fortune. So marrying a super rich guy is not necessary. I don't want to look at ugliness for the rest of my life. Period. Maybe I am just this shallow who knows?

I will always remember the one of few men who can be able to give me an orgasm (because achieving climax is not easy for me). I also will always remember the guy who makes me feel good about myself when I don't think so highly of myself. The man who always encouraged me to pursue my dream drives me crazy and even die for him seemed to be okay for me at the time.

There are WAY too many things make women do crazy things for the men they love. Money is such a small part of it.

Money is nice don't get me wrong. Money (sometimes) means power. And a powerful man is always more attractive to some women (generally speaking) But it doesn't mean money is the only thing makes a woman falling in love. At the very least, I know the man I think about is the man I sleep with, I will never fantasize about other men when I make love to somebody. That to me (sleeping with a person whom you don't feel physically attracted to) is a tragic life.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:03 AM

18 posts, read 14,081 times
I would even go as far as if the income of the guy is fairly important to the woman, she is considered a gold digger. I won't go into it now, but often times I hear woman complain how "cheap" their man can be, all the while they live in a house he pays for, they drive the car he pays for, he takes her out regularly to eat, drink and hang out. It's the sense of entitlement that bothers me when the other party (be man or woman) believe this is EXPECTED.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:07 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Strawman argument. No one is saying that all women are concerned solely with a guy's income. Some are; they're called "gold-diggers". For the rest, income is still a relevant factor.
Okay. Well you aspire to be rich and then let us know if that improves your dating prospects.

I'm 29, and by no means rich in the traditional sense, and I've had plenty of action/relationships/dates/you name it. I'm also not a deadbeat, I'm well-rounded, and I have confidence in myself. Based on actual experience with women, I'd say that goes a lot further than what you're saying (which is based on what? speculation?).

Old 10-10-2014, 09:07 AM

103 posts, read 91,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You know I used to think I had problems getting girls throughout my teens due to lack of money, and a low self esteem, and it turns out I was right about 1 of them.

Having money or no money, I get hit on now even being older and not in the best of shape than I did when I was young and often got hit on by older women. The difference is that in my late teens I started working jobs that allowed me to build my self confidence, and as my self confidence grew so did my selection of women, but my bank account has fluctuated since I graduated high school.

I have made a lot of money, and lost it all, and the size of my bank account has not affected how much I get hit on since I was a teenager.
Thats nice to hear but the truth is some men aren't going to get any attention from women unless they have money I would like to believe otherwise but the only way that will happen is if I go broke or make it look like I am. That would probably backfire on me then I would see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:08 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkraut View Post
I would even go as far as if the income of the guy is fairly important to the woman, she is considered a gold digger. I won't go into it now, but often times I hear woman complain how "cheap" their man can be, all the while they live in a house he pays for, they drive the car he pays for, he takes her out regularly to eat, drink and hang out. It's the sense of entitlement that bothers me when the other party (be man or woman) believe this is EXPECTED.
I don't know women like this at all. Outside of the stay-at-home moms, every woman I know has a paying job and takes care of herself. When most women care about a guy's income, it has more to do with seeing that he's a responsible, functioning adult who isn't living above his means or isn't drowning in debt. She doesn't care about it because she wants to quit her job and spend his money.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:27 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Many ways to make a woman feel special, given that she actually appreciates meaningful things. I've dated women that measure love by how much dollar is spent and I've dated women who value a meal I cook for her rather than a fancy restaurant in manhattan. Obviously I prefer the latter as she seems more wholesome and appreciates the thought and effort that goes into it.

Little things for women go a long way, if she had a long hard day at work, try giving her a light massage and dinner. Surprise her once in a while with flowers (if she likes them), and little gifts here and there (they don't have to be expensive if you have the right woman in your hands). Do all of this given that she also reciprocates, if she doesn't and just complains nothing is ever enough...then you have someone with a bloated sense of entitlement and you best stay away.
You are exactly right. It is those little things that makes a man attractive. He could be the most attractive physical specimen of man and ugly in the eyes of women if he is narcissistic and takes a woman for granted. On the other hand he could be just an average Joe physically but all those niceties will make him the most attractive man in the world.

And arm candy, please.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:29 AM

103 posts, read 91,646 times
I see where people are saying work on your personality buy I can honestly say that the only thing that has changed about me is my back account. Im also very busy and I don't talk to alot of people so I don't see how women could like my personality.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:42 AM

18 posts, read 14,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know women like this at all. Outside of the stay-at-home moms, every woman I know has a paying job and takes care of herself. When most women care about a guy's income, it has more to do with seeing that he's a responsible, functioning adult who isn't living above his means or isn't drowning in debt. She doesn't care about it because she wants to quit her job and spend his money.
Come to NYC you will meet plenty . I just had a conversation with a friend his fiance does not want to get married. He's not a millionaire but well off, he owns his own condo, car, has a stable job makes 6 figures. She lives with him, she makes significantly less around 30k. He pays most of the bills, that she also enjoys the luxury of, and complains why isn't he taking her out more, why isn't he taking her on vacations more, why is there a limit to how much he's willing to spend on her.

I told him to ditch her pronto, and it's crazy because on the onset, she doesn't seem that way.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:04 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
I agree with you, I know plenty of women that are making well into 6 figures. I wouldn't say ALL women flock to richer men, but a vast majority does. Hence heterosexual marriage is happening less and less as it stands, there are tons of risk to men in a marriage (financially).
If the vast majority of women flock to richer men, why are so many poor and middle class men married or in relationships?

If plenty of woman are making well into 6 figures why is there a ton of risk to men in marriage. Isn't the risk when there is a high income discrepancy (and/or amount of assets) between couples where the high or only income earner would be required to pay years of alimony?

Do you not actually take into consideration factors involved in the lower marriage rates like people are marrying later in life, more women are making 6 figures they aren't needing to marry, cohabitation is more acceptable. Its all got to be because men have so much to lose which is false because more women are working and contributing to the hh income and assets, so less to no alimony and cs and custody laws are more equal so men are getting custody more and having more involvement in their children's lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships