Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:19 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,207,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Stop mixing up reproduction and relationships. They're not synonyms by any means, not even close.
I can't tell if Dr Clean is doing commentary for some NatGeo special on the Outback, or if he's actually attempting to apply these primitive, animalistic traits to modern-day human relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,009,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I can't tell if Dr Clean is doing commentary for some NatGeo special on the Outback, or if he's actually attempting to apply these primitive, animalistic traits to modern-day human relationships.
yeah, i'm a caveman, and doing just fine being so.

if you don't like my info, go figure it out yourself instead of hating on my opinion. not sure you are winning any points by being so disagreeable. and i get it that my commentary are lost and useless on the masses. but then again, i don't have anything to prove to them do i, particularly since your approval is irrelevant to my encounters and relationship with the opposite sex... so irrelevant lol

Old 10-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
yeah, i'm a caveman, and doing just fine being so.

if you don't like my info, go figure it out yourself instead of hating on my opinion. not sure you are winning any points by being so disagreeable. and i get it that my commentary are lost and useless on the masses. but then again, i don't have anything to prove to them do i, particularly since your approval is irrelevant to my encounters and relationship with the opposite sex... so irrelevant lol
I'm gonna be real frank with you. I don't think you have a clue about what you're talking about.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna be real frank with you. I don't think you have a clue about what you're talking about.
the feeling is mutual

Old 10-21-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
the feeling is mutual
So what was it that you disagreed with me on exactly? Or are we just agreeing to disagree?

Old 10-21-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
So what was it that you disagreed with me on exactly? Or are we just agreeing to disagree?
i'm over you, moving on. got better plans tonight, and she is hotter. laters and good luck.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:10 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
You need to talk to women that actually like you, talking to women out of your league who are only entertaining your presence to be polite is not helping anything. You want to find women who want to get in your pants as much as you want to get in theirs otherwise its not going to improve your self esteem.

You do realize women can (and probably are) reject you for your personality, right? I've talked to some gorgeous guys who I passed on, once I had a chance to talk to them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-21-2014, 09:22 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,779,936 times
Quote:
Look, you're taking my comment way out of context. I'm talking about when you go out for the first time to meet somebody. When you're a little nervous, alcohol helps take the edge off. Over time, as you become more comfortable with that person, you don't need to rely on it. I like the social lubrication idea for the first date. By the second date, I'm comfortable enough with that person where I don't need a drink to loosen up. And no, I don't require alcohol for all social situations. But it certainly helps.

I'm surprised anybody is acting surprised by my comment, as if "social lubrication" is some taboo subject. It's been happening since the beginning of human existence.
I agree with this. I'm not a socially awkward guy, but I can have problems relaxing on a first date with a woman I'm attracted to. Alcohol (not in excess) definitely helps. Most of my dates these days are duds, but with the right woman, I don't need a drink. She just needs to be friendly, outgoing, and attractive. I can carry a convo without alcohol when I'm with someone outgoing, but it still helps to have a drink or two.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:02 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,216,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You do realize women can (and probably are) reject you for your personality, right? I've talked to some gorgeous guys who I passed on, once I had a chance to talk to them.
I dont think so, my expereince and observations span roughly 15 years, well before my time on this forum and well before I had any clue about leauges. Nobody actually told me about leauges nor did I read about it (was too busy studying science, math and engineering), I just figured it out. But im still a guy who wants to have a girl friend and have sex and it just wasent happening.

I am sure personality played some small roll but the greatest leverage was looks. For lack of a better analogy its like all the dials on your old TV you have contrast, brightness etc but ONE of those settings was what really brought in the picture. As soon as I started asking out women who were not quite as attractive the change in results was so dramatic that things like small tweaks in personality or the type of shirt that I wore would have resulted in me being a 30 year old virgin, no thank you.

Maybe some other cultures and social circles personality is the greatest leverage, somehow I doubt it but I will give you the bennifit of the doubt.

Sure, some channing tatum looking guy might get turned down if he is acting like a TOTAL douch but all he has to do is tone it down a bit and he is back to picking between 6 different women for the night.

Once I started dating women who were equivalent to me in looks things changed dramaticly. Unless someone has some severe presonality disorder (clinical, not arm chair pop phycology) then shrinks and classes and all that other mumbo jumbo is not going to help them.

If as a guy you are trying to cross from a 6 into a 7 its going to be painful and most likely unsuccesful unless your a hot guy.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:27 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,691,276 times
OP, you might think about taking your own advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships