Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
Blacks perceived in the media, ugly lesbians, Asians, Mexicans...I don't know if this sort of talk or belief is regional, but 45 years in the midwest and I've never encounter such insensitivity.

I think anonymity of forums like this, sometimes bring out the worst in some people and I wish it would stop. My wish for 2008 is tolerance.
Great post, MainStreet.

I agree with everything you say, and my wish is for intolerance of hurtful threads such as this "Mexican Men" and the "Are most lesbians ugly?" one on City-data.

Greenie

Old 01-01-2008, 02:35 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,633,862 times
The OP should participate in the discussion. I do not trust those who simply disappear after they have made the thread. Now I have become suspicious if this has actually happened or the OP is curious to know our answers.

I have no problem with discussions about race and ethnicity. It is part of society. I have made such threads myself. I was accused of being narrow-minded and a troll. There is a politically correct thought police on C-D.

Arguments need to be backed up. We do not know which sources have been read on the internet about how Mexican men treat women. It is appeal to improper authority (Argumentum Ad Verecundium).

It is not wise to give out your numer to a person you are suspicious about.

Quote:
And....like so many of their other ignorant and racist threads, this OP never returned to her post to join the discussion. IMO, her giving her number to someone she was originally suspicious about, says more about her than any man, no matter their race.

Last edited by internat; 01-01-2008 at 02:46 PM..

Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
And....like so many of their other ignorant and racist threads, this OP never returned to her post to join the discussion. IMO, her giving her number to someone she was originally suspicious about, says more about her than any man, no matter their race.

Blacks perceived in the media, ugly lesbians, Asians, Mexicans...I don't know if this sort of talk or belief is regional, but 45 years in the midwest and I've never encounter such insensitivity.

I think anonymity of forums like this, sometimes bring out the worst in some people and I wish it would stop. My wish for 2008 is tolerance.

This Kenya church massacre is heartbreaking...half the world is in crisis because of differences and we are sitting on your laurels talking about our differences in skin color, race, cultural beliefs like Pollyannas.
Bravo! Great post!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:27 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
In response to a personal message I received - Puerto Rican would be the numero uno

Old 01-14-2008, 05:56 PM

44 posts, read 421,037 times
Default Hello

I was so busy researching this on so many sites and the usual life, I had forgot I posted this here! I got a notice today from the site saying there was a post! The first notice I got!
The phone number I gave him is a unlisted one so he could not find out my info from it.
Yes, I am attracted to him, da! I would not have talked to him if I was not!
I did not mean any disrespect for him or anyone when I said Mexican Man, I did not know it would offend some! I am sorry!
We have met for lunch, gone on a few nature drives (I drove my car and made it clear my family and friends knew where we were going) When he is to touchy ( I think things could go where I do not want to go) I tell him and he stops.
He has come to church, and is either a really nice hard working man (works every day except Sunday that it is not raining) just wanting a girlfriend or a real good charmer! ( he is the baby of 10)
He has a brother and several nephews here (legally) and only 2 of them drive, so he is always taking them places so he really does not have time to stalk maybe not really enough time to be involved with someone!
Thank you everyone for participating!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,521 times
Default mexican man

I recently met a Mexican man who was very open and slightly aggressive in pursuing me. He just seemed to see something in me that he really liked. And I did too, so I appreciated his aggressiveness. We have been dating for about six months now. He has been a very good boyfriend in many ways. We do have some cultural issues once in a while, but nothing major. He is kind of possessive in that he calls a lot to see what I am doing, but it doesn't bother me. I still go out with my friends several times a week and he is okay with it. He complains about me drinking and going out, but he seems to accept it.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam4givin View Post
A mexican man followed me around in a big store and then asked me if I would go out with him. I told him no I do not know you. A week later I saw him in the same store, we talked and exchanged phone numbers. I met him at a restaraunt for lunch and then at a fest in town.
He is comming on real fast saying he wants to be my boyfriend and even marry me.
He is very physical, hugging, kissing on cheek but has not tried to touch where he should not.
Is it normal in Mexico to come on this fast? He is much younger than I am.
All I can find on the web is negative about Mexican men.
Are there any American woman who can tell me if they have married a Mexican man and he did not become horriable?
How do I know if he is married in Mexico?
Just trying to use me for something?
Thank you.

How old are you?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:30 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Call the INS.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 PM

604 posts, read 1,185,479 times
Quote:

This Kenya church massacre is heartbreaking...half the world is in crisis because of differences and we are sitting on your laurels talking about our differences in skin color, race, cultural beliefs like Pollyannas.
It's a great wish. I hope for the same. I'm not sure to which insensitivity you refer, for at times, the area in which I live seems to be dominated by insensitivity.
And I'm almost certain what I have to say will come across wrong to many people, but I learned long ago that walking on eggshells is not a game I wish to play.
So for the sake of argument, since the OP disappeared, and I agree that racial intolerance often perpetuates these threads, I am presenting an honest account of my experiences, to open up a genuine discussion.
I've hung around with, spent time with, went to school with, worked with, played ball with, partied and drank with, grew up with, ALL types of guys. You name it...pick a label, any label........short ones, tall ones, rich ones poor ones, fat, skinny, white, black, brown, mixed, smart, stupid, rich, poor, nerds, jocks, red necks, thugs, trailer trash, gangsters, rich mexicans, poor mexicans, puerto ricans, white collar, blue collar.....the whole gamut. These men have approached me many different ways. The one thing I've noticed, and I don't know why, and I hate to say it, but it's true, of all those men, ALL of them, one group in particular was the most offensive, the most aggressive, the most disrespectful, not to mention VERY persistent in their inappropriate advances, in almost EVERY encounter, not 1 or 2 out of 10, more like 8 or 9 out of 10, moreso than any other group or type or race or whatever, it was the mexican men who were most aggressive and offensive. I guess maybe the 'working class' mexican men to be more specific....most of them had wives....they followed me, stalked me, tried to get into my car, tried to kiss me, kept asking for my phone number......the worst 'suitors' by far.
Now, I don't know what that says, take it was you will. But it's simply the truth. My truth.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,984 times
This is an OLD thread that is full of Racial stereotyping...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships