U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM

44 posts, read 230,480 times
Default Mexican men

A mexican man followed me around in a big store and then asked me if I would go out with him. I told him no I do not know you. A week later I saw him in the same store, we talked and exchanged phone numbers. I met him at a restaraunt for lunch and then at a fest in town.
He is comming on real fast saying he wants to be my boyfriend and even marry me.
He is very physical, hugging, kissing on cheek but has not tried to touch where he should not.
Is it normal in Mexico to come on this fast? He is much younger than I am.
All I can find on the web is negative about Mexican men.
Are there any American woman who can tell me if they have married a Mexican man and he did not become horriable?
How do I know if he is married in Mexico?
Just trying to use me for something?
Thank you.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:48 PM

2,238 posts, read 6,347,736 times
Trust your feelings, I think you already know the answer to your question, though it really has nothing to do with his race.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:07 PM

144 posts, read 466,957 times
My sister is married to a Mexican, he is a wonderful husband and father. There are good and bad men in every race, just as there are good and bad woman of every race.
I would advise caution, not matter what race, simply because you seem to know very little about him, his family or his background. Stick to public places if you continue to see him, and take your time. There is most likely a reason he is rushing you, even if it is something as normal as emotional baggage.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:14 PM

1,148 posts, read 4,045,081 times
Why did you give your number to him in the first place? Are you even attracted to him?

Men operate in different ways towards women depending on their cultures, personalities and upbringing. Although I think there are some general tendencies, we are after all individuals.

I would say trust your instincts rather than what is written on the web. It is foolish to generalise. It is likely you are just used to other kind of men. Take a male friend with you next time. That way you can feel more secure.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:15 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,149,949 times
Anytime someone comes on real strong, and is already talking of marriage and what not, is a BIG RED FLAG. These types of people often are controlling, and are very insecure. This has nothing to do with race; it is a reality in all societies. You need to tell him to back down, take it really slow. Also, if your inner voice is telling you that something isn't right with him, you need to find out ALOT more about him before you go any further in this relationship.

Ian

Old 12-30-2007, 01:32 AM

1,067 posts, read 3,852,235 times
If you feel uncomfortable, then don't go out with him again... There is just something creepy about the whole thing. I have known some really great Mexican families ( not Mexican american) and they as a family are very humble, kind and in no form aggressive. I agree with the other posters, there are good and bad in every race.. I would though not go out again.. he sounds too forceful.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,956,718 times
Often men from other countries do this to get their green card, and often when you marry them they will soon bring their family here. I know because I have dated men from other countries and had friends that did the same. I saw the consequences. So just beware.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 AM

384 posts, read 1,205,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Anytime someone comes on real strong, and is already talking of marriage and what not, is a BIG RED FLAG. These types of people often are controlling, and are very insecure. This has nothing to do with race; it is a reality in all societies. You need to tell him to back down, take it really slow. Also, if your inner voice is telling you that something isn't right with him, you need to find out ALOT more about him before you go any further in this relationship.

Ian
I have to agree, I'm very leery of people who comes on strong especially with talks of marriage' it makes me feel that he is on some form of mission like immigration status. Either way, just be careful and follow your sixth sense, we all have one, we just choose to ignore it.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:51 AM

11,886 posts, read 10,606,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam4givin View Post
A mexican man followed me around in a big store and then asked me if I would go out with him. I told him no I do not know you. A week later I saw him in the same store, we talked and exchanged phone numbers. I met him at a restaraunt for lunch and then at a fest in town.
He is comming on real fast saying he wants to be my boyfriend and even marry me.
He is very physical, hugging, kissing on cheek but has not tried to touch where he should not.
Is it normal in Mexico to come on this fast? He is much younger than I am.
All I can find on the web is negative about Mexican men.
Are there any American woman who can tell me if they have married a Mexican man and he did not become horriable?
How do I know if he is married in Mexico?
Just trying to use me for something?
Thank you.
Not to generalize, but the guys that I hang out who are Mexican are very aggressive when pursuing women. There is no tact or holding back. I laugh at the things they say many times, promising unyielding love and devotion just to get the woman to bed....later that same day. Depending on the woman, it works too.

Not making a statement about all Mexican men, just the few that I know. They can be pretty bold and aggressive and rejection doesn't bother them at all. As others have said though, you have to be cautious about a guy who comes on so strong promising marriage. Nuts.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:58 AM

1,148 posts, read 4,045,081 times
You can get that with many Mediterranean and Middle Eastern men as well. I believe it is partly cultural. They are brought up with the macho culture. Men and women have very different roles. I understand what you're saying. I do not think it is all bad. America and Western Europe were more like that before feminism existed. In Russia, Belarusia and Ukraine you get women who dress very sexy in a way a lot of American women would find vulgar yet they can be very family-oriented as well. I'm trying to say you get a problem when there is a culture clash. A lot of American women do not expect that behaviour. White Americans are to a large extent of Northwest European descent, and such people tend to be more introverted and cautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInSF View Post
Not to generalize, but the guys that I hang out who are Mexican are very aggressive when pursuing women. There is no tact or holding back. I laugh at the things they say many times, promising unyielding love and devotion just to get the woman to bed....later that same day. Depending on the woman, it works too.

Not making a statement about all Mexican men, just the few that I know. They can be pretty bold and aggressive and rejection doesn't bother them at all. As others have said though, you have to be cautious about a guy who comes on so strong promising marriage. Nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.