Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 06:11 PM

124 posts, read 118,574 times

Advertisements

Pretty self explanatory. And also any supernatural realizations with God and how you knew also welcome! Was it active searching or waiting ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 06:20 PM

281 posts, read 327,485 times
When she told me

39,227 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Well, since you are open to spirituality. Then I would like to share a story.

I lost a boyfriend/fiance to suicide several years ago. In order to heal the emotional wound, I got treatment from a life coach / past life regression therapist. (Her name is Linda Gabriel and she is currently living in Newport Beach. You can google her)

I found out my late boyfriend and I were lovers in our past lives (many many past lives actually) and we were soul mates. But I had other soul mates as well. My late boyfriend and I just chose to reincarnate as couples. He was a warrior died in battle field and I was the one who treated him in our past life.

Obviously you should stay skeptical about this kind of treatment/therapy. But to me, it is a turning point of my life. You can start looking at people around you with new perspective. you got a nagging wife? maybe she entered your life to teach you a lesson. You got a gay son whom you cannot accept? Well maybe he is trying to teach you something as well. These people are called Karmic soul mates.

I dated a lot of men, but I only truly loved four men my entire life. I know for a fact that each of them came to my life to teach me a lesson. I am particularly attracted to the military kind, I think it has a lot to do with past life if the past life concept is real.

It has been love at first sight or first talk for me with all four men I loved. There are just something about them that are so special to me. My therapist told me that is called "soul recognition. " as if I recognized them when I saw them.

People have many soul mates, that is why one shouldn't give up on love.

2,365 posts, read 2,148,500 times
I had a vision of love (as a child), and it was all that he turned out be. True story.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I have told this on here before, but we had started dating a couple of months prior to my being diagnosed with a tumor in my breast. I stood in the parking lot of a hospital with snow coming down, and told my new-ish boyfriend that I totally understood if he was not up for potentially being the guy who does bedside vigil at surgeries and treatments, and that I certainly didn't expect that he owed it to me, somebody he was just getting to know, to sign on for all of that, essentially giving him an out. I didn't want him to feel pressured into staying with me if he wasn't sure he was all in, and at that point, I would have completely understood him not being all in yet.

I came home to a card a day later with a note from him saying that he knew I was scared, but that he'd waited a long time to meet me, that life without me in it was unimaginable for him, and that he wasn't going anywhere. He went to my surgery, took care of me in recovery, and celebrated with me when the mass removed turned out to be a benign tumor. I knew he was the real deal, and a little over a year later, he became my husband.

We are both spiritual practitioners of our respective faiths, but aren't super holy rolling about it; however, we both believe that a higher power put us in one another's lives at the right time and in the right way.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:39 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I have told this on here before, but we had started dating a couple of months prior to my being diagnosed with a tumor in my breast. I stood in the parking lot of a hospital with snow coming down, and told my new-ish boyfriend that I totally understood if he was not up for potentially being the guy who does bedside vigil at surgeries and treatments, and that I certainly didn't expect that he owed it to me, somebody he was just getting to know, to sign on for all of that, essentially giving him an out. I didn't want him to feel pressured into staying with me if he wasn't sure he was all in, and at that point, I would have completely understood him not being all in yet.

I came home to a card a day later with a note from him saying that he knew I was scared, but that he'd waited a long time to meet me, that life without me in it was unimaginable for him, and that he wasn't going anywhere. He went to my surgery, took care of me in recovery, and celebrated with me when the mass removed turned out to be a benign tumor. I knew he was the real deal, and a little over a year later, he became my husband.

We are both spiritual practitioners of our respective faiths, but aren't super holy rolling about it; however, we both believe that a higher power put us in one another's lives at the right time and in the right way.

Jeez... that got me teary eyed.

Sounds like something right out of a screenplay.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I had a vision of love (as a child), and it was all that he turned out be. True story.
You and Mariah Carey!

Happy it turned out well though.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:

I never tire of hearing your story

So happy for you two!

Old 10-10-2014, 07:48 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:

How awesome!

When I was younger I was teased because I was picky on who I dated and received a lot of crap for it. I prayed about who my future husband was and one night I had a dream. In the dream, I saw a guy who was dark haired, just a little taller than I was and he was very thin. He had a certain stance that I remembered after the dream. It was at the local mall and he was in front of Kays Jewelers and talking to a few people.
Fast forward years later, I was working and the new guy ran up the stairs to clock in. I thought he was good looking, we became friends. During this time, he was trying to get me to date him...which I wouldn't do since we worked together. I eventually transferred locations and then we gave it a go.
He knew before we started dating that I was the one for him. It took me a little longer. One night when I was talking to a guy to potentially date, I was telling him about my best friend and that he would have to accept that friendship. At that moment, I remembered my dream (which he fit to a T) and then realized that I couldn't live my life without him. It was at that very moment that I knew he was the one for me. We literally dated for a couple of months and he proposed....with a ring he bought at Kays. After we got married I told him about the dream and he was surprised about how much the details matched him. It has been a roller coaster, but I won't trade it for nothing.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:01 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Throughout my younger years I dated a lot of horrid girls, at first I thought they were the person I always wanted only to find out a few months later they were a completely different person.

When I met my wife I could not believe what a good person she was and the more I got to know her the more I realized I had a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships