Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 04:06 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times

Advertisements

Sadly, I don;t have the money for a new degree and I'm forbidden from my parents to take on more debt. They just say, "You need to make it work with the degree you have now." I hate where I live because I hate the culture. I don't fit into this culture - I want to go somewhere where it's a slower pace of life. It's too fast paced here. I do plan on going back to school when I move. In fact, I might use going back to school as my impetus to move. When I was doing therapy, all the therapists have said, "you really need to move. This environment isn't good for you." That's why I really want to move before I am forced to stay here (i.e. meeting someone and they will not allow me to move... as I said, I just really hate the culture here. I hate the sports teams, people are on a different page than I am on - they're all about partying and settling down... not me, and there are no jobs for anyone - most young people move because there are just no jobs here). I just need to find something that will allow me to transfer - even if it means lying on personality tests to get a retail job. But, I do have friends where I want to move. I want to be around my friends and people who support me. I don't get support here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 04:13 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Sadly, I don;t have the money for a new degree and I'm forbidden from my parents to take on more debt. They just say, "You need to make it work with the degree you have now." I hate where I live because I hate the culture. I don't fit into this culture - I want to go somewhere where it's a slower pace of life. It's too fast paced here. I do plan on going back to school when I move. In fact, I might use going back to school as my impetus to move. When I was doing therapy, all the therapists have said, "you really need to move. This environment isn't good for you." That's why I really want to move before I am forced to stay here (i.e. meeting someone and they will not allow me to move... as I said, I just really hate the culture here. I hate the sports teams, people are on a different page than I am on - they're all about partying and settling down... not me, and there are no jobs for anyone - most young people move because there are just no jobs here). I just need to find something that will allow me to transfer - even if it means lying on personality tests to get a retail job. But, I do have friends where I want to move. I want to be around my friends and people who support me. I don't get support here.
I didn't know all these details. Move to a place with more jobs sounds like a good option for you then. Why don't you start networking with people? This is city-data, people will have a lot of valuable knowledge to offer you in term of where to move. Just browse this site and start asking questions. Make a budget, ask for a loan from a family member if you have to. Solid plan helps. I really really wish things work out for you.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:30 PM

Sadly, my family REFUSES to help me move. That's why everyone pushes a job here first so I can save and that's why one family member disallows me from applying out of state until I get a 2nd job here. That family member hates me sitting around after I'm done work at the job I have now. However, if I can't find a 2nd job here... I'm going to have to just move. It's ridiculous. I've also thought about a work from home gig, but I get screamed at by one family member because they work from home. I'm thinking about doing it regardless, then working on my laptop for the remote job in Starbucks or after I'm done my library job. Honestly, I think right now that would be a good option: it's money and I can move using that. Then when I get to the new local, I'll go back to school and find a job there.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Sadly, my family REFUSES to help me move. That's why everyone pushes a job here first so I can save and that's why one family member disallows me from applying out of state until I get a 2nd job here. That family member hates me sitting around after I'm done work at the job I have now. However, if I can't find a 2nd job here... I'm going to have to just move. It's ridiculous. I've also thought about a work from home gig, but I get screamed at by one family member because they work from home. I'm thinking about doing it regardless, then working on my laptop for the remote job in Starbucks or after I'm done my library job. Honestly, I think right now that would be a good option: it's money and I can move using that. Then when I get to the new local, I'll go back to school and find a job there.
You really do sound like a sweet heart. Starbucks sounds good.
Do you have old junks you can sell on ebay? I made $500 pure profits selling my old junks the first month I registered on ebay. I sold some of my clothes, shoes, handbags, and I asked my friends to give me their junks too. Maybe you can make some extra money by doing just that.

Do you have an art school nearby? You can be a model for art students. (don't have to be a nude model, just regular model)

Old 10-12-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You really do sound like a sweet heart. Starbucks sounds good.
Do you have old junks you can sell on ebay? I made $500 pure profits selling my old junks the first month I registered on ebay. I sold some of my clothes, shoes, handbags, and I asked my friends to give me their junks too. Maybe you can make some extra money by doing just that.

Do you have an art school nearby? You can be a model for art students. (don't have to be a nude model, just regular model)
I do have books and clothes! I have to clean out my closet and I know I have a lot of junk in there. I do have an art school near me... I'll check that out... thanks.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:59 PM

Figure model get paid 30 to 40 dollars for a 2 hours session and they should also give you a tip.

Tell them you are interested in being a figure model. Maybe you will meet an artist friend to hang out with. good luck with everything.

ps you can also post an ad around campus (art school that is) Just give out your email address will do. Students will most likely contact you. When I was in art school, finding figure models was the hardest. We all chip in and pay for the model and each of us give the model tips. You don't need experiences doing that, but experienced figure model gets paid a lot. Best of luck. hugs.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-12-2014 at 05:58 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I do have books and clothes! I have to clean out my closet and I know I have a lot of junk in there. I do have an art school near me... I'll check that out... thanks.
Just to let you know that I won't be checking messages today (busy most day) and I am thinking of you.

I forgot to tell you that if you do decided to go to art school, just tell the art director that you are interested in being a figure model (no nudity involved) Hope things work out for ya.

Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships