Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:15 PM

11 posts, read 21,341 times

Advertisements

Well, my fiance has an opportunity to become a manager of the company he works for. I am not listing the company name for obvious reasons (I don't want his manager to see this). He goes for training in February and the training is 4 months long and ends in May when the end of my lease is. He could stay here in Phoenix, but we think it's best if we move somewhere else because we will probably have a better life and be able to rekindle our love better. Because my ex lives here in Arizona who I was going back and forth between him and my fiance, I don't think staying here in Arizona is a good idea because I have mental issues and sometimes I let my feelings get in the way of my better judgement. Plus I'm not sure what the living situation would be if me and him stayed in Arizona. I love Arizona I don't want to leave at all, because I was born and raised here. I was born at Banner Good Samaritan. I don't know what to do. I'm scared that if I move to another state I am going to become homesick. Tell me what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 02:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Stay in Arizona, seek professional therapy and give you and the boyfriend time apart to decide what you really want to do in the future.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Stay in Arizona, seek professional therapy and give you and the boyfriend time apart to decide what you really want to do in the future.
Agreed.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:35 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,751 times
what state is the new job

Old 10-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Question Don't know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
what state is the new job
We don't know yet, it depends where they need a manager after his training.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:43 PM

Question Why?

Quote:
What makes you say I need to seek professional therapy? I can seek professional therapy elsewhere you know. I have Medicare.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:07 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
IMHO, if I were living in a place that I love, I wouldn't let external factors dictate my life on where to live. I'd work around them/learn to deal with them. I think the simple reason is if the underlying issues aren't solved in how you react to things in life, you could just as well end up in the same type of situation you are in now in another state/city. Always remember....whereever you move, you take yourself with you.

And has been mentioned earlier, if need be, seek professional therapy to sort it all out.

Best to you.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:05 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Yes, you could get counseling anywhere, but if things end up worse for you after you move, because you are homesick or because there are issues with your boyfriend, you'll have more problems to deal with, and in a strange place you may not like, to boot. The fact that your relationship is such that you've been "going back and forth between your boyfriend and your ex" raises red flags, too.

And, this thread probably belongs more in the Relationships forum than this one, as it isn't really connected to Phoenix, you could be posting this thread about any city in the country.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwngs View Post
What makes you say I need to seek professional therapy? I can seek professional therapy elsewhere you know. I have Medicare.

Have you read what you wrote in your original post?
If you haven't you should, maybe you will find out something about yourself you didn't know.

Read every word and write down all of the "Cons & Issues" you foresee from this move.

Cripes, you can't even decide between your ex husband and your "Fiance" who really isn't a true Fiance if you can't give up your ex husband for good because you can't make up your mind.

I strongly suggest your "Fiance" move without you for now, you stay where you are, seek therapy to get control of your written perceived issues, get over your ex husband or go back to him and spend time apart from the Fiance who really does need to concentrate on his training anyway without outside distractions.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Have you read what you wrote in your original post?
If you haven't you should, maybe you will find out something about yourself you didn't know.

Read every word and write down all of the "Cons & Issues" you foresee from this move.

Cripes, you can't even decide between your ex husband and your "Fiance" who really isn't a true Fiance if you can't give up your ex husband for good because you can't make up your mind.

I strongly suggest your "Fiance" move without you for now, you stay where you are, seek therapy to get control of your written perceived issues, get over your ex husband or go back to him and spend time apart from the Fiance who really does need to concentrate on his training anyway without outside distractions.
I just went through a situation with a lady who couldn't make up her mind between me and her ex so I cut her loose. So I know where you're coming from taking with angelwngs over her situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
View detailed profiles of: