Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:52 AM

783 posts, read 849,786 times

Advertisements

Needless to say my inbox is empty. Most of the women can't even be bothered to read what you have to say let alone respond to a man. My OLD experience as a man has honestly made me a bit cynical toward dating over all. Why do women even sign up if they don't even read the messages? Just there to get attention and validate their own egos? "I get 20+ guys a day asking me out, I am so hot" Yes...you can hear my cynicism coming through.

This experience makes it hard to have any sympathy for women that say they can't find a man. Maybe it is different where you live but in Montana it sucks for men here. I am not a freak, I don't have a crazy profile, and I send respectful messages. I used to spend a few minutes writing up a message but I don't anymore because most of the time a woman won't even bother to read it.
Attached Thumbnails
This screenshot shows why OLD sucks for men-old-sucks.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 10:58 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Eh, they probably get flooded with messages. They couldn't possibly respond to every single one.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Look at it from a female's perspective too. They do likely get way more messages with men and they likely miss out on a good profile, because they get too caught up in reading bad messages. Also, when they hope to have picked the right guy, it's even more draining on them to find out he was likely not any different than the guys that just came out and said I want to have sex with you. Basically, he played with their heart strings and they moved faster than they wanted, but he was saying all the right things.

I just wouldn't take it personally OP. We all know that men will have to do more in order to secure a date online. The guy that has it easier is likely just someone who's naturally has had it easier or lives in a demographic that's more suited to his skill sets. Sometimes, you just have bad luck and you have to work harder than your peers to get what you want. That's life in a nut shell for most human beings. There's haves and there's have nots.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:05 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Maybe it is different where you live but in Montana it sucks for men here.
There is no maybe about it. If you are a guy in your 20s and you live in Montana, unless you are near the top or bottom of the male looks/personality hierarchy , your dating life will take a serious haircut.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:08 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
It might be a small consolation, OP...but look to see when those women were last active. If they haven't been on in months, they're likely in a relationship and forgot about their subscription.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
I can see one woman read May be they did not log in recently. Or may be they are seriously talking to some one. That also possible.

Later added: OP if you want to receive one letter you have to at least send 1000 letters Forgot to write at once. I am sure you will get one in coming days.

Last edited by Zeurich; 10-13-2014 at 12:16 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Do you have a photo up on your profile? If you don't, that's a big reason why they won't bother to even read your message.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:12 AM

158 posts, read 143,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Needless to say my inbox is empty. Most of the women can't even be bothered to read what you have to say let alone respond to a man. My OLD experience as a man has honestly made me a bit cynical toward dating over all. Why do women even sign up if they don't even read the messages? Just there to get attention and validate their own egos? "I get 20+ guys a day asking me out, I am so hot" Yes...you can hear my cynicism coming through.

This experience makes it hard to have any sympathy for women that say they can't find a man. Maybe it is different where you live but in Montana it sucks for men here. I am not a freak, I don't have a crazy profile, and I send respectful messages. I used to spend a few minutes writing up a message but I don't anymore because most of the time a woman won't even bother to read it.
Yeah it's pretty much crickets. Only message ladies who have been online within a week. There are likely tons of dead profiles.

But this reminds me that I need to follow up tonight with someone we traded first messages.

Don't think of it as being in a bar saying hello and she ignores that you even exist. Ladies with any degree of attractiveness are probably being swamped by messages. That said OLD is not likely going to be very effective for most men that are really busy.

If you are really busy consider an old school local matchmaker.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:12 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I can see one woman read May be they did not log in recently. Or may be they are seriously talking to some one. That also possible.
yeah.

also it seems like op only sent messages out to 12 women. just keep on trying. I am sure op would get responses.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:16 AM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Do you have a photo up on your profile? If you don't, that's a big reason why they won't bother to even read your message.
Yes of course. Complete waste of time if you don't have good photos of yourself. My main thumbnail is the same photo I have on my profile here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships