Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 12:06 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Can a mod move this thread to the Mental Health forum?

Old 10-14-2014, 01:01 PM

138 posts, read 128,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
You don't get to choose the answers you get. We do. Deal with it. End of story.
You actually gave reasonable answers. So...

Basically, what I have been trying to ****ing say is I am tired of this sheer floccinaucinihilipilification of my situation simply due to my age.

I am smashing keys here.

I am sure if I was 25 instead, I'd be getting more serious attention to my issues. I have seen people, in their twenties and thirties with the same problems, and they get legit answers. I am too, but it's irritating to see the people who keep blowing me off.

You know, the guys on Loveshack would say the same thing in regards to my age, but at least almost everyone of them at least actually helped me out and were respectful about it. I know some people here did too, and I appreciate those who did. However, I am getting a lot more age-discriminatory posts here and even veiled insults. such as:

Quote:
Oh god, you're like a parent's worse nightmare.
Well, in less than a couple years, I am out anyway and my parents don't really know this stuff about me. They have a very general idea of what I am going through though. They do keep bashing me for spending so much time on the internet though, but I need to (or at least have needed to).

Again, let me quote the last post I composed:

Quote:
Actually, I just see the school psychologist whenever I can (free).

Anyway I remembered the other thing. See, I think a lot of the angst is over the lack of action over the past four years. That and lack of improvement in this department. I know I said that I am not too worried about being awkward with girls, but it's just for the past four years I have had the problem of not being able to effectively talk to and flirt with girls past a semi-friendly/polite level. I have only scatteredly and randomly obsessed over the issue over the past four years as indicated many times, but the point remains that I am getting worried now after no action/progress in the romantic/sexual department over the past four years.

The fact that I haven't even been able to land a single date yet. The average age of going on a first date was 15 in 2004. But a lot has changed in 10 years. I imagine it's probably 13-14 now. Okay, so I am still not too far off. But I don't know man...that's why I keep bringing up "still putting myself out there" because while I want to really work on my intrapersonal relationship, at the same time as I have said repeatedly in my past posts, I don't want to end up diminishing the odds of a romantic/sexual encounter because I was so focused on myself and didn't put myself out there enough or in an effective manner. That's why I keep bringing that up.

I want to restore my intrapersonal relationship but at the same time, don't want to go back to exactly how I was living during the stretches I practically didn't care about this stuff in the duration of the past four years because I feel like I didn't put myself out there enough as a result of being in my own world so much. I am trying to find the sweet spot.
I know most of that is just more expression of my angst. Now why can't you answer the bolded? That's actually a pretty general question that can apply to anyone. Isn't it? How does one find the focal point at which they are effectively putting themselves out there while maintaining a healthy intrapersonal relationship?

That's it. I even said that after this excerpt receives a satisfactory response, I'll be done here. And frankly, I don't think I am ever using this forum for advice again because this forum has got to be the worst in terms of age discrimination. Even TalkAboutMarriage wasn't this bad (and you would think they would be because I am extremely on the young side to be posting on a marriage forum) in terms of this.

And I am probably being more vitriolic than usual because again, I am running on 2:45 of sleep and one small meal consumed in the duration of the 8.5 hours of I have been awake today, so bear with me. Most of the time, I am actually pretty soft-spoken.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:04 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_U123456789 View Post
You actually gave reasonable answers. So...

Basically, what I have been trying to ****ing say is I am tired of this sheer floccinaucinihilipilification of my situation simply due to my age.

I am smashing keys here.

I am sure if I was 25 instead, I'd be getting more serious attention to my issues. I have seen people, in their twenties and thirties with the same problems, and they get legit answers. I am too, but it's irritating to see the people who keep blowing me off.

You know, the guys on Loveshack would say the same thing in regards to my age, but at least almost everyone of them at least actually helped me out and were respectful about it. I know some people here did too, and I appreciate those who did. However, I am getting a lot more age-discriminatory posts here and even veiled insults. such as:
So why are you still posting here? Why not get your needs met on Loveshack, if that worked out better for you?

Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
So, basically, we are all horrible human beings but why can't we make you better?

Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, basically, we are all horrible human beings but why can't we make you better?
I didn't say that. I am only criticizing your (general) actions. Some of you are the ones giving me personal attacks.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
I didn't say that. I am only criticizing your (general) actions. Some of you are the ones giving me personal attacks.
This is a forum. Like I've said before - we are not here to fix you. Honestly, I think you need to see someone besides your school psychologist. And I don't think spending all of your time on adult forums is helping you one bit. You have some issues that need to be sorted out with a professional - not people that like to discuss relationships.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
So why are you still posting here? Why not get your needs met on Loveshack, if that worked out better for you?
I got wrongfully banned from there because they thought I was a "previously banned member", which I wasn't.

I got banned in error. That said, for now because I have invested so much in this forum, I'm still sticking around for the last bit of closure and then I am off as I said.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:13 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Why do you keep hanging around a place where people attack you? Especially when you say you have better forums to go to?

Old 10-14-2014, 01:14 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
16 is a tough age. I wouldn't want to go back to that time. Girls shouldn't be a priority now, just the school activities and clubs and stuff that the OP mentioned. I had a GF in HS and in retrospect I probably shouldn't have. Wasted too much energy on that stuff.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
This is a forum. Like I've said before - we are not here to fix you. Honestly, I think you need to see someone besides your school psychologist. And I don't think spending all of your time on adult forums is helping you one bit. You have some issues that need to be sorted out with a professional - not people that like to discuss relationships.
But again, in my last major post, what makes the following question so unanswerable and unique to me?

How does one find the focal point at which they are effectively putting themselves out there while maintaining a healthy intrapersonal relationship?

Context:

Quote:
I want to restore my intrapersonal relationship but at the same time, don't want to go back to exactly how I was living during the stretches I practically didn't care about this stuff in the duration of the past four years because I feel like I didn't put myself out there enough as a result of being in my own world so much. I am trying to find the sweet spot.
This is what I have been trying to ask for the past few pages. What makes you say that only a psychologist can answer this question? Isn't this question pretty basic and possibly relevant to many people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships