Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
My frustration isn't much about the same old topics and people behind them, but rather the refusal of people to agree on problems and offer some hope for improving the dating scene.
Perhaps we should get the UN Security Council involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
The dating scene is a disaster. If there were a random telephone survey asking that, many respondents would agree. People who personally are satisfied - good for them - but the situation is toxic for society and it's time for that to be acknowledged on the forum. But I suspect that an everyone-for-himself/herself attitude is an underlying reason for many of the problems listed in post #1.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:25 PM

814 posts, read 759,593 times
I agree with the OP, but being down about it won't solve anything. Just enjoy life and try to make the best out of everything.

Last edited by jaycich; 10-14-2014 at 07:56 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
The dating scene is a disaster. If there were a random telephone survey asking that, many respondents would agree. People who personally are satisfied - good for them - but the situation is toxic for society and it's time for that to be acknowledged on the forum. But I suspect that an everyone-for-himself/herself attitude is an underlying reason for many of the problems listed in post #1.
I doubt that. Most normal people have much more to worry about than the "dating scene." They don't even know what "the dating scene" is.

You need to get out more. Your world is very tiny.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Perhaps we should get the UN Security Council involved.
We should.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
How terribly melodramatic you are.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:56 PM

I don't see a point in conversing with unreasonable, mean-spirited people.

Someday there will be that kind of random survey, and if it properly accounts for people who are long out of the dating scene due to marriage or whatever, it will confirm what I'm saying. Though it's safe to assume just from the documented highest rate ever of people not in committed relationships that there's a big problem.

Should I bother with my own poll here just to take the temperature? It doesn't seem worth the resulting hostility. I guess denial is why there's constant back-and-forth in Relationships threads.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I don't see a point in conversing with unreasonable, mean-spirited people.

Someday there will be that kind of random survey, and if it properly accounts for people who are long out of the dating scene due to marriage or whatever, it will confirm what I'm saying. Though it's safe to assume just from the documented highest rate ever of people not in committed relationships that there's a big problem.
Cite please.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 PM

Not that I should have to post something that's been posted, but one example...
The United States of unmarried adults | MSNBC

There's also a UK version.

I've seen credible surveys (e.g., not CD polls) that many people haven't even been on dates, physically intimate, or whatever in the past year. None of this should surprise anyone who reads online forums or knows many singles.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:21 PM

I am sure you understand that "unmarried" isn't the same as "not in a committed relationship."

Try again, and please provide longitudinal data to prove trends over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships