Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 02:15 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Who said anything about marriage being based on sex?
Nobody, but some people seem to think that simply questioning sex or lack thereof, or expressing a desire for a better sex life within your marriage equates to "marriage is based on sex" or something.

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
See... Now this is a clear example of why staying together "for the kids" just creates even more chaos for some people. OP- your relationship w/ this new woman can never advance until you physically seperate and divorce from your wife. It will take some time and space, but if she's worth it, and meant to be, then you will only find out after re-establishing yourself as an individual. You really have to be honest w/ yourself about whether or not you can handle staying in an unhealthy marriage where cheating is somehow justified..

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by messedupinthehead View Post
She has a very low libido. She thinks its medical problem but I think its attraction.
Has she discussed it with her doctor?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
So give up? There has to be another way. There has to be.
"Give up"?? That's what you got out of my post???????????

For the record, I am in no way advocating that you stay in this affair. But this line ^^^ is very telling.

You need to snap out of it.

You are a married father. You need to sort this crap out as best you can and start thinking like an adult instead of a fictional character.

It's not "giving up." It's being mature. It's taking charge instead of letting your ego rule your life. You have put off dealing with your problems for as long as is "tolerable." Now you HAVE to face more discomfort. There is NO EASY SOLUTION to the problems you have gotten into. There is no pain-free ending here.

26 posts, read 17,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
See... Now this is a clear example of why staying together "for the kids" just creates even more chaos. OP- your relationship w/ this new woman can never advance until you physically seperate and divorce from your wife. It will take some time and space, but if she's worth it, and meant to be, then you will only find out after re-establishing yourself as an individual. You really have to be honest w/ yourself about whether or not you can handle staying in an unhealthy marriage where cheating is somehow justified..
My wife is awesome person, smart person, awesome mother, very educated.
But I dont wanna live like this "for the kids". I think the kids deserve a chance to see their parents not fighting about something they cant understand, and being happy on their own.

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Will it provide for one awesome marriage, after the two are destroyed.
Don't you think the two marriages were destroyed to begin with, otherwise this wouldn't happen?
Relationships are fluid. A marriage is only "destroyed" if the parties in the marriage aren't both willing to address the problems.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:27 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
I thought so too. Then I had an epiphany, why not have both.
Nature (or God, if you are a creationist), puts sexual desire in our hearts for the purpose of reproduction - survival of the species. There comes a time in most marriages (if they last long enough), where that urge is not longer present, at least in the female, since she can no longer reproduce.

Yes, men have a stronger sex drive because they can "distribute their DNA" throughout their entire adult lives, which again is a survival of the species adaption. I suppose you could argue that it is somehow unfair to the man to provide him life-long companionship, genuine love and affection, non-sexual nurturing, compassion and understanding without including a sexual relationship. But it pains me to think that any human, especially a human who has made a formal commitment and vow before his family and friends and his god to "love, honor and cherish" someone "until death do us part", would place the requirement for carnal sex above any of those other factors. It pains me greatly that any human could be that shallow.

As for women, people might argue that marital sex is a obligation that a wife has to her husband and I suppose that is a valid argument. I suppose if a wife makes the conscious decision to withhold sex from her spouse that he might have the right to call the marriage off. My opinion is that if a man is capable of throwing away someone who truly loves him because of that, the woman is infinitely better off without him as MANY older women are discovering.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-14-2014, 02:33 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Some respect would be appreciated. I don't want my wife or my GF insulted.

Seriously? You are joking right? Just the fact that you have written "Wife" and "Girlfriend" in the same sentence is insulting to them both.

Fix your mess at home, leave the woman at work alone and seek professional therapy for your own issues.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Nature (or God, if you are a creationist), puts sexual desire in our hearts for the purpose of reproduction - survival of the species. There comes a time in most marriages (if they last long enough), where that urge is not longer present, at least in the female, since she can no longer reproduce.

Yes, men have a stronger sex drive because they can "distribute their DNA" throughout their entire adult lives, which again is a survival of the species adaption. I suppose you could argue that it is somehow unfair to the man to provide him life-long companionship, genuine love and affection, non-sexual nurturing, compassion and understanding without including a sexual relationship. But it pains me to think that any human, especially a human who has made a formal commitment and vow before his family and friends and his god to "love, honor and cherish" someone "until death do us part", would place the requirement for carnal sex above any of those other factors. It pains me greatly that any human could be that shallow.

As for women, people might argue that marital sex is a obligation that a wife has to her husband and I suppose that is a valid argument. I suppose if a wife makes the conscious decision to withhold sex from her spouse that he might have the right to call the marriage off. My opinion is that if a man is capable of throwing away someone who truly loves him because of that, the woman is infinitely better off without him as MANY older women are discovering.

20yrsinBranson

Such a male chauvinistic view of world, to think that sex is desired by men and given up by women as an obligation.

Last edited by messedupinthehead; 10-14-2014 at 03:02 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Seriously? You are joking right? Just the fact that you have written "Wife" and "Girlfriend" in the same sentence is insulting to them both.

Fix your mess at home, leave the woman at work alone and seek professional therapy for your own issues.
Mentioning them together is reality.
Insulting them and name calling is not appreciated.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships