U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:03 AM

107 posts, read 9,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, Missy Stacy, I'm pretty much on the same page here as MainStreet but I never had no problem with no man wanting poor ol' me just cause I had an offspring.

Not in the slightest.
okay maybe situation different for you. If you have a man with children from old marriage I think maybe it is okay but single man do not want divorced woman with child. These men are afraid of these women that spend more time with there child instead of there man. Maybe this selfish but men always want to come first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 04:03 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,240,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy K View Post
See this is good example why women should stay in relationship for child and have two parents. I also say before no man want a woman that have child from other man and this another reason to stay with father of child.
I'll go half way here. SOME relationships should remain for the sake of children. But once you remain in this forum a bit longer, you'll realize that not ALL marriages should survive for the sake of children.

I, personally, did not want a divorce because of my daughter. I was a stoic wife as it was, so eight more years wasn't going to kill me.

When my ex-husband and his wife were thinking of calling it quits after only one year, I told them "if you two fail, we all look like fools." I'm not going to let them break up my family and then toss another family away like a card game.

Some children are in situations where it is necessary for their parents to divorce or break-up (abuse, drug use).

Plus, I think it is definitely a matter of whether the kids has siblings. My daughter had no one...her dad is off making another family, her mom is trying to start a life on her own....this kids are poor little witnesses. We put far too much on their tiny shoulders and some at least have siblings to turn to.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM

15,237 posts, read 25,499,148 times
Quote:
okay maybe situation different for you. If you have a man with children from old marriage I think maybe it is okay but single man do not want divorced woman with child. These men are afraid of these women that spend more time with there child instead of there man. Maybe this selfish but men always want to come first.
Stacy, Stacy, Stacy! I was married before and had a child from that marriage. My (current) husband not only was NOT afraid of me or my child but he married me and took on the responsiblity of being a father to my child. We have been together since 1992 and we are still together and my husband and my son get along great - like a real father/son relationship.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:37 AM

10,593 posts, read 22,656,377 times
I have to say that I would not change my routine with my child to please some guy I am dating. I will continue to do what I think is best for her, regardless of what pressure others bring to bear.

There are times that children go through insecure stages, it might be that she needs some extra attention. If it lasts then I personally would speak to her Pediatrician for advice.

When my daughter was a baby, they told me not to pick her up when she was crying in her crib, to just let her scream until she tired herself out. Sorry, I couldn't do it. She learned to sleep through the night in no time, in fact her doctor was impressed.

If a child feels insecure, address the reason for the insecurity, don't make it worse by making her feel abandoned.

Frankly YOUR needs as unimportant when compared to the needs of a 5 year old, news to you, a guy who wants time alone with his girlfriend but WAKE UP, its true, children come first.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 13,809,115 times
The OP hasn't come back in a while. If everyone reads his posts they will see the daughter had no issues until the summer when it looks like something happened to make her not want to stay with anyone else. What if there is abuse? The kid should keep getting abused so that the OP can spend time with his GF?

Quote:
See this is good example why women should stay in relationship for child and have two parents. I also say before no man want a woman that have child from other man and this another reason to stay with father of child.
Has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read, especially these days where people don't marry due to kids and how a lot of people have kids at a young age. I don't know many people under 30 that don't have at least one child and I also don't know of anyone having problems getting men or women because they have a child from another relationship.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The OP hasn't come back in a while. If everyone reads his posts they will see the daughter had no issues until the summer when it looks like something happened to make her not want to stay with anyone else. What if there is abuse? The kid should keep getting abused so that the OP can spend time with his GF?

Has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read, especially these days where people don't marry due to kids and how a lot of people have kids at a young age. I don't know many people under 30 that don't have at least one child and I also don't know of anyone having problems getting men or women because they have a child from another relationship.
okay see this is the problem with american women. They chose to have baby and then leave man. Why do these woman not understand this is a bad thig? Why do they not wear condom to prevent child or take birth controle pills to stop this? America is advanced country but this is big problem so I think many people here not very advanced. I think best thing is to stay with father of child but these women are so selfish and spoild so they leave relationship. I think american women needs to explore other society to do things right.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
okay see this is the problem with american women. They chose to have baby and then leave man. Why do these woman not understand this is a bad thig? Why do they not wear condom to prevent child or take birth controle pills to stop this? America is advanced country but this is big problem so I think many people here not very advanced. I think best thing is to stay with father of child but these women are so selfish and spoild so they leave relationship. I think american women needs to explore other society to do things right.
Stacey, I think something is getting lost in the translation with just about every thread you post in. I don't think you get it.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,499,148 times
I agree with Lindsey.

Not every American woman gets pregnant and has children specifically so they can leave the father of that child. Things happen. Maybe he beats her, maybe he cheats on her, maybe they just drift apart for some reason, maybe he died, maybe she cheated on him, who knows! But the point is, we American women don't go out of our way to have children with the intent to leave the father of that child. It isn't wise to judge an entire class of people when you haven't walked in every one of their shoes.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I think this depend on situation. Some man can not find women with no child and take anything for date or sex. If you give man choice of two women one no children then one with children he will always chose one with no child. This how life is.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
I think this depend on situation. Some man can not find women with no child and take anything for date or sex. If you give man choice of two women one no children then one with children he will always chose one with no child. This how life is.
Stacy, you are either pretending to NOT understand English and are a troll or you really have NO CLUE about reality here in the US. Either way, your annoying and not contributing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships