Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:35 AM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times

Advertisements

I need some clarification about this. Is she making you late all the time, or are you just annoyed that she takes so long to get ready?

If it is an issue of lateness, tell her the time is earlier than it is, like if you have to be somewhere at 7:00, tell her you have to be there at 6:30 or 6:00. Also, tell her what time you want to leave so that she knows when to start getting ready. Give her plenty of lead time so that she can have all the time she needs to get ready.

If it is an issue of her taking a long time to get ready, I would not say anything, as long as she is ready to leave on time. Who cares how long it takes her to get ready? As long as she's ready to leave on time, you should not make an issue of it. You should just find other things to do while she gets herself ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 10:43 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
She was always this way?
Can't complain about what you bought.

You have three choices:

1. Keep complaining and fighting with your wife and creating bad feelings about something you knew you were getting into.
2. Just live with it and keep your mouth shut. I am sure you have annoying habits, too. I know I do.
3. Leave.
I am working on #2.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissycs View Post
OMG. My brother is dating a woman that takes forever to get ready. Like, four hours in the bathroom ready!They've missed trips and dinner parties bcs of it. She has some social anxiety issues though. Does your wife have anxiety issues? Or is her get-ready routine really so extensive?
She doesn't have anxiety issues.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 AM

432 posts, read 362,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
My wife takes forever to prepare anything. If we plan to go out, it would take her 1.5 hour just to get herself ready, and it's driving me crazy.

We have 2 kids now, she is a stay at home mom, we also got her a baby sitter full time.

We have fights over this, every time I said would you hurry up?!, she would get really mad at me. Our relationship is good other than this, I am trying to be better and more patience but it's getting hard for me.

I am trying to help her out as much as I can, but I am also very busy working to bring home the bacon as I am the breadwinner.

I know, it's impossible to change someone, I am looking for ways I can change myself.
Whenever she's moving slow, don't give her a lot of attention/affection. When she gets something done quickly, give her a lot of attention/affection.

Simple as that.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I need some clarification about this. Is she making you late all the time, or are you just annoyed that she takes so long to get ready?

If it is an issue of lateness, tell her the time is earlier than it is, like if you have to be somewhere at 7:00, tell her you have to be there at 6:30 or 6:00. Also, tell her what time you want to leave so that she knows when to start getting ready. Give her plenty of lead time so that she can have all the time she needs to get ready.

If it is an issue of her taking a long time to get ready, I would not say anything, as long as she is ready to leave on time. Who cares how long it takes her to get ready? As long as she's ready to leave on time, you should not make an issue of it. You should just find other things to do while she gets herself ready.

Just get annoyed that she takes long time to get ready, and very close minded, doesn't want to hear my opinion.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:46 AM

671 posts, read 890,368 times
Adjust or get a divorce....Bet she has a long ***** list on your ways.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:46 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
My wife takes forever to prepare anything. If we plan to go out, it would take her 1.5 hour just to get herself ready, and it's driving me crazy.

We have 2 kids now, she is a stay at home mom, we also got her a baby sitter full time.

We have fights over this, every time I said would you hurry up?!, she would get really mad at me. Our relationship is good other than this, I am trying to be better and more patience but it's getting hard for me.

I am trying to help her out as much as I can, but I am also very busy working to bring home the bacon as I am the breadwinner.

I know, it's impossible to change someone, I am looking for ways I can change myself.

Didn't read the thread.

Is she always late or just slow?

Either way, I would leave without her (if you have two vehicles).

My husband is slow/late for everything. Once I left without him a few times, he finally wised up. Haven't had the problem since.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:47 AM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Just get annoyed that she takes long time to get ready, and very close minded, doesn't want to hear my opinion.
Why do you need to have an opinion of it? Basically, how does her taking a long time impact you directly? Its her time she's wasting, if you're not late for wherever you're going.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:50 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Bottom line...do you get out the door on time or is she making you really late?

Old 10-15-2014, 10:53 AM

432 posts, read 362,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
She was always this way?
Can't complain about what you bought.

You have three choices:

1. Keep complaining and fighting with your wife and creating bad feelings about something you knew you were getting into.
2. Just live with it and keep your mouth shut. I am sure you have annoying habits, too. I know I do.
3. Leave.
Stan,

That advice is terrible.

Sincerely,

Frayzer.

But really... It really is bad.

1. Never complain or argue. You may discuss, but the latter is just weak.

2. Always speak up when someone is doing something you don't like. Never let people walk over you.

3. Why would he leave over an issue as small as this? Doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Whenever she's moving slow, don't give her a lot of attention/affection. When she gets something done quickly, give her a lot of attention/affection.

Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships