Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:35 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,056,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There are lots of good, attractive, people out there. And I'm rather inept at interpersonal relationships, sadly.
Yes, but, the good, attractive person has to feel the same way about you. I'm glad that you have found several people who reciprocated your feelings, but not everyone has. Just remember that not having found someone who reciprocates ones feelings does not mean that one has some kind of mental defect or something. It's just how people feel. No one is at fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,175,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Yes, but, the good, attractive person has to feel the same way about you. I'm glad that you have found several people who reciprocated your feelings, but not everyone has. Just remember that not having found someone who reciprocates ones feelings does not mean that one has some kind of mental defect or something. It's just how people feel. No one is at fault.
Agreed. I have liked a few guys. But none of them have felt the same. Nothing to be done about that, other than move on-not to say I didn't feel bad, sad, or jealous. But you get over those feelings eventually.

Many people are victims of one-sided affairs. On their end, or the other party's. And some people get quite a few dates, but with people who turn out to not be good matches.

Dating is a luck game. Sex is easy to come by. But relationships are harder, and some don't engage in casual sex outside of a relationship with a SO. So, their sex life isn't booming, because they're getting no good matches.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:56 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,629,098 times
Be proud of it. Virginity is precious and once lost it can never be recovered. Save it for the right person. You are still young and lucky. I am old enough to remember watching on black and white TV JFK’s Peace Corps public service commercial where he asked for volunteers “like we did in the Navy” and then with a smile he pointed at the audience saying “you” “you” “you” and “you”.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

Sorry, not buying it. People meet hundreds and hundreds, really thousands of people over this time. Not one person had attraction to them that they were attracted to? Feelings come later, the attraction comes first and more often than not, the feelings come after the sex.

The only way I could possibly think this could happen is if a person was one of those types that weren't attracted to them... as in, if a person likes me I'm not interested; which is a mental defect.

If it is something else, start playing the lottery.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,458 times
21 is still young. You don't need to rush.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
A guy used to be in the "army special task unit" and survived a 120mm mortar bomb with a 70 meter killing radius and is now preparing for med school. I say no worries.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:27 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,056,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sorry, not buying it. People meet hundreds and hundreds, really thousands of people over this time. Not one person had attraction to them that they were attracted to?
Well, you said a good person, not just an attractive person, implying deeper emotional feelings. Some of us don't want to have sex if the deeper feeling is not there.

Besides, I'm not very attractive, so the sexual attraction is not normally reciprocated either.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 AM

2,518 posts, read 1,841,673 times
Try craigslist if you're so desperate.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:33 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,906,412 times
It's a good idea to stay a virgin nowadays. You don't want to knock someone up accidentally and then get stuck working minimum wage jobs.

Don't forget that looks are the initial attraction. If you don't have looks you won't be approached or if you do approach you might be seen as creepy.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:54 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,850,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
It's a good idea to stay a virgin nowadays. You don't want to knock someone up accidentally and then get stuck working minimum wage jobs.

Don't forget that looks are the initial attraction. If you don't have looks you won't be approached or if you do approach you might be seen as creepy.
Looks or charisma, or some kind of a way with women. You can compensate in the looks department to a certain extent with personality or flair, or a subtle way of showing women attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships