Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:46 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times

Advertisements

Bruh, chill. It's not that serious. That is the last thing you should worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 12:18 PM

295 posts, read 307,254 times
Being a virgin at 21 is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, seriously!

Old 10-17-2014, 12:26 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Even Wilt Chamberlain was a virgin once.

So was Ron Jeremy.

Never fear.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:17 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
I agree with majority. If you haven't met and been with the woman you want to have sex with, nothing to be done. If you're a relationship-minded guy.

So, don't sweat it. if you're waiting for love, or just to get to know a woman first, it's fine. Best to do it with a woman you like, if nothing else, rather than losing your virginity just to say you aren't a virgin, which is the dumbest reason to lose it.

You're not that unusual. My friend and her boyfriend lost their v-cards to one another at 21, or 22.Another guy I know is still a virgin at 25. And an old member who used to be here was 31 and a virgin. I think my cousin lost hers in her 20s.

Not everyone starts having sex as a teenager.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-17-2014 at 02:46 PM..

Old 10-17-2014, 01:27 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Not everyone starts having sex as a teenager.
And the rate of first sexual activity in the teen years if falling. People get such crazy ideas in their heads, they get so self-conscious and worried about being a late starter, it's important to balance that craziness with a little reality. Some people don't start having sex until after graduating from university. There's no time clock that says you have to have this experience by a certain age.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Good looking military veteran who is in good shape, confident, and has cool stories to tell?

Dude. What are you worried about?
Yeah, that.

I admit...when I was around that age, I would have loved the thought of de-virginizing a hot military man.

Don't worry!

Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
There is no shame in it. It's sad anyone would think that there is.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:49 PM

4 posts, read 4,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Yeah, that.

I admit...when I was around that age, I would have loved the thought of de-virginizing a hot military man.

Don't worry!
lol thank you for saying that, meant the world to me.

after 20 years of living thats the first time someone said anything like that to me.

My problem is that when i grew up, i was a loner, a cast out. now...i gotta hit on women, start conversations.... thats the real hard part. A couple of months ago my CO sended me to this course, a 2 weeks studying course to get a better understanding of this AT missile were working with.... anyways, it took place in this huge base, biggest i've ever seen. like a small city, and there were all type of soldiers there, none-combatant. Among them were many women, and they kinda stuck to me, but im all shy i didnt know how to act near them...so i told my self, just pick one of them, when she's alone, and start talking to her cause 1 on 1 i'll probably be better. I spended 8 hours talking to her, i told her EVERYTHING. As i walked her to her quarters, she told me..."I'm getting married in a couple of weeks...". For that moment, I was broke. she told me she thinks im sweet and blah blah blah

Point is, I assume your a women, right? so...How far could i go with hitting on women, cause i cant wait for an opprotunity to come from the heavens, i wonna get out there and hit on women.

But where is the line drawn? if i see a women lying all by her self on the beach, could i? if i see a women jogging, could i? Where do women see it inapropriate, that a men would hit on them?

and....what do women think of men who try and hit on them? i get so embarrassed from thinking "what would she think of me?".

Old 10-17-2014, 02:56 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjander View Post

after 20 years of living thats the first time someone said anything like that to me.

My problem is that when i grew up, i was a loner, a cast out. now...i gotta hit on women, start conversations.... thats the real hard part. A couple of months ago my CO sended me to this course, a 2 weeks studying course to get a better understanding of this AT missile were working with.... anyways, it took place in this huge base, biggest i've ever seen. like a small city, and there were all type of soldiers there, none-combatant. Among them were many women, and they kinda stuck to me, but im all shy i didnt know how to act near them...so i told my self, just pick one of them, when she's alone, and start talking to her cause 1 on 1 i'll probably be better. I spended 8 hours talking to her, i told her EVERYTHING. As i walked her to her quarters, she told me..."I'm getting married in a couple of weeks...". For that moment, I was broke. she told me she thinks im sweet and blah blah blah

Point is, I assume your a women, right? so...How far could i go with hitting on women, cause i cant wait for an opprotunity to come from the heavens, i wonna get out there and hit on women.

But where is the line drawn? if i see a women lying all by her self on the beach, could i? if i see a women jogging, could i? Where do women see it inapropriate, that a men would hit on them?

and....what do women think of men who try and hit on them? i get so embarrassed from thinking "what would she think of me?".

Yes, I'm a woman (and I'm 37 and married, so don't get any ideas ).

I wouldn't say "hit on" women. Just TALK to them. Focus less on getting laid or even getting dates, just talk. You'll start feeling more comfortable. If you talk to one and you like her, and she seems to like you, then good. Get her number, and ask her out. Some will say no, many will, but some will say yes. Keep it casual, at least for now.

Don't make it harder than it is!

Old 10-17-2014, 03:02 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjander View Post

It's not so much in the "where", but in the "how". Keep it light, casual. Walking or jogging in the park? Sure. Walking the dog? Definitely. Lying alone on the beach...trickier. Leave that for the "advanced" class. I know a couple though, that met in Hawaii, when she was walking out of the water after swimming, hair soaked, not the beach bunny type. His opening line? "How's the water?" They're married now. It doesn't take much. Practice by passing the time with people near you in the store checkout line. Just friendly banter. Get comfortable with it.

As for the almost-married woman, look at it this way--you got some good practice approaching and talking to a stranger. But you did make 1 mistake. It sounds like you talked her ear off the whole time. That's a real turnoff for a lot of women. If you're interested in them, you show that interest not by making it all about you. You show interest in them by asking about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships