Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 11:19 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
And some men are so drunk on their own power, they abuse it when it comes to women...and then these same men have the nerve to wonder why women go into "self-protective mode" (and usually wind up hurting them) Example: Men, if you have been with a woman long enough to know that you love and care for her, and you know she loves and cares for you and wants a serious commitment, what is all this, "I'm not sure" "I need more time" "We have to wait and see" You've been enjoying the fruits of a woman in love with you, who is in your corner. She's given you no serious problems to dwell upon or make you unsure, so why are you??? Is the prospect of taking your glorious ***** off the market so daunting, you would just throw away the chance to be with a mate who could help make your life amazing? The only thing left for a woman the man leaves in this position is to gather her dignity and leave. If she was raised properly and if she has self-respect, she is not going to sit up and beg for the man to love her and want her. At the end of the day, (some of you men) you did this, but when you're out trolling for a another girlfriend, you come to the conclusion that "all women are evil and want to hurt men" But why do things never get bad enough for you to see YOUR part in this sad mess?
I took myself off the market after less than a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,010 times
Quote:
And some men are so drunk on their own power, they abuse it when it comes to women...and then these same men have the nerve to wonder why women go into "self-protective mode" (and usually wind up hurting them) Example: Men, if you have been with a woman long enough to know that you love and care for her, and you know she loves and cares for you and wants a serious commitment, what is all this, "I'm not sure" "I need more time" "We have to wait and see" You've been enjoying the fruits of a woman in love with you, who is in your corner. She's given you no serious problems to dwell upon or make you unsure, so why are you??? Is the prospect of taking your glorious ***** off the market so daunting, you would just throw away the chance to be with a mate who could help make your life amazing? The only thing left for a woman the man leaves in this position is to gather her dignity and leave. If she was raised properly and if she has self-respect, she is not going to sit up and beg for the man to love her and want her. At the end of the day, (some of you men) you did this, but when you're out trolling for a another girlfriend, you come to the conclusion that "all women are evil and want to hurt men" But why do things never get bad enough for you to see YOUR part in this sad mess?
The relationships I've ended were ended with just cause. I'm not that picky, but I've not been with a woman who I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.

Here is my criteria:

1) I have to be attracted to her. Plain Janes are what I usually aim for.

2) She has to be independent. She has to have her own group of friends, her own career, hobbies, etc. Extreme over-dependency, clinginess, and authoritarianism is not something I'm fond of.

3) She has to have moderate intelligence; IQ over 110 is preferable.

4) She has to be compassionate and understanding. I also don't want to be with someone who's all about taking numerous bathroom selfies and who's self-absorbed and shallow.

5) Loyalty is important to her. Don't play games with my heart to get a reaction.

My list of requirements is not that long, yet to find all of these attributes in one person is seemingly very difficult.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

Being a good partner, and caring about someone, and not creating any problems is hardly enough.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:30 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Being a good partner, and caring about someone, and not creating any problems is hardly enough.
When a woman wants more, more, more from a man, she's a "high maintenance heffa" and a "gold digger" So if a man is this way with a woman, (her best is never enough), what is the charming colloquialism used to describe him?

Old 10-25-2014, 02:37 PM

124 posts, read 118,543 times
They are hurting inside, and that's what comes out. I know because I'm going through it. Good or bad, always respond with kindness, it'll shine hope in their heart.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:56 PM

542 posts, read 691,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
There have been a good amount of guys in my life who have told me after the fact that they had had a crush on me for a long time. I never knew this and would never have guessed it, because they acted so cold towards me, aloof, to the point where I felt like they wanted nothing to do with me. I felt insignificant to them.

They said they acted that way because they didn't think I would go for them and they didn't want to put themselves out there to be shot down. But the truth is, had they just told me, it would have been a different story. Instead they acted like they didn't care if I existed.

Why do some guys do this? Are they that afraid of rejection that they'd rather hide their true feelings no matter what?

I never understood this. If, five years down the line they get the courage to tell a girl he actually liked her, why the heck should she say yes to a date when he's treated her awful for the previous five years? It doesn't take any courage at all to be nice.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:20 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
I never understood this. If, five years down the line they get the courage to tell a girl he actually liked her, why the heck should she say yes to a date when he's treated her awful for the previous five years? It doesn't take any courage at all to be nice.
It's not treating her awful, it's just a lack of treating her the way you feel about her. There's a difference.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:36 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:
Men are unsure because, simply put, marriage is a dangerous proposition for us these days. The courts are squarely against us so if we make a mistake, it could mean a very bad financial future. Women don't have these issues.

In other words, we have absolutely no power in dating. For the most part, women are the selectors and women can really hurt a man in marriage. We live in a woman's world.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:45 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Men are unsure because, simply put, marriage is a dangerous proposition for us these days. The courts are squarely against us so if we make a mistake, it could mean a very bad financial future. Women don't have these issues.

In other words, we have absolutely no power in dating. For the most part, women are the selectors and women can really hurt a man in marriage. We live in a woman's world.
Men also select. Don't you? You choose which women to approach. Then they have a turn, and decide if they're interested. It's a mutual selection process. That's the big challenge--finding mutual interest. It's a 2-way street. The women who may be crushing on you don't stand a chance if you don't choose them. Everyone gets a shot at choosing.

Whoever makes more money may have problems in the divorce process. Not all divorces are contentious (as some of our own posters have told us in the past--they just wanted out, they didn't want to fight over assets). If the woman brought more assets into the bargain during the marriage, she risks getting ripped off. In a lot of cases these days, both earn close to equally, so the divorce is straightforward. Marriage is only a potentially dangerous proposition for the person who has the most earning power. So dudes, if you don't want to have to worry about it, go for a woman who earns the same as you, or more. Or go for a woman who's paying off a mortgage during the marriage. Then you get part of her house if you divorce.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:50 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
Quote:
When a woman wants more, more, more from a man, she's a "high maintenance heffa" and a "gold digger" So if a man is this way with a woman, (her best is never enough), what is the charming colloquialism used to describe him?
He's a cad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships