Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 01:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,797,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Remember: sometimes what you want ain't what you need.

Let love find you. Work on yourself. Go out, try new things.
This is the absolute truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 06:51 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,624,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Until you learn to be comfortable in your own skin no one else is going to be comfortable next to it.

Learn to enjoy your own company!!! There is no need to ever be lonely when you do.
The problem with being comfortable in your own skin of which I am actually, is that one can become too comfortable this way and another person will change the status quo so to speak. The only time I ever felt true loneliness was riding my motorcycle. Just me, the bike, the road, superb handling (they handle best with no passenger), and the wind. Nobody to talk to. No radio or music. No heater, etc. I grew to despise it. You'd think after nearly being killed on it one night would have done that but it didn't, I actually got a bigger bike. I suppose this leads to the desire to not be alone anymore and where there's a will there's a way.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:29 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,375,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The problem with being comfortable in your own skin of which I am actually, is that one can become too comfortable this way and another person will change the status quo so to speak. The only time I ever felt true loneliness was riding my motorcycle. Just me, the bike, the road, superb handling (they handle best with no passenger), and the wind. Nobody to talk to. No radio or music. No heater, etc. I grew to despise it. You'd think after nearly being killed on it one night would have done that but it didn't, I actually got a bigger bike. I suppose this leads to the desire to not be alone anymore and where there's a will there's a way.
I did not tell you above to "be yourself".

I told you to be your BEST self - big difference.

If you truly do not wish to be alone anymore then you are going to have to accept the fact that only you can do anything about that.

Simply put, get outside of your comfort zone and start doing some things differently

Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,624,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I told you to be your BEST self - big difference...Simply put, get outside of your comfort zone and start doing some things differently
Actually I have been doing things differently as in better, new, improved combined with a desire for perfection. For example I take a different route each time to the same grocery store each time to alleviate the incredible boredom that prevails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships