Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:55 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
Can an older man actually fall in love with a younger woman?
I can not think of a single reason why not. I am 35 and my partners are 33 and 27. Age difference has not hampered me in any way. Nor has it hampered any couples I know of where a large age difference exists.

Is there some basis for your question - some reason you have for expecting it not to be possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
Is it something wrong if a man in his late 40's likes a woman in her late 20's?
My answer to this is usually "If you like someone despite their age - no problem - but if you like them because of their age - there is likely something wrong".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
My answer to this is usually "If you like someone despite their age - no problem - but if you like them because of their age - there is likely something wrong".
^^^This was my thought as well. Is there a genuine interest in the woman or is she being targeted simply because of her age? Looking for someone because of their age is a far cry from falling in love despite age.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Sure, why not?

Old 10-23-2014, 04:49 PM

128 posts, read 183,458 times
Because people complain about it being an age gap therefore it would be hard to have a relationship.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:01 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Sounds good, but how does that differ from someone who dates specific women or men that share superficial features. Ive know women who only go out with older men, guys with beards, dark features, had good jobs, etc

Old 10-23-2014, 07:07 PM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times
Many girls turn down older guys as they are not into big age gaps but some girls don't care about that and looks for true love at whatever age. So, to me, as long as the girls are of legal age, there's nothing wrong with it. It has worked for some. It's not like all guys could pull it off. Most get rejected and then gets dejected.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:29 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
I want a girl that is 10 to 12 years younger than me . Finding a female my age with out a kid or two is like finding a unicorn. It not the kids the is the problem it is all the baggage and dealing with the EX that is 9/10 times is a DBAG. I want kids truth be told so there not the issue it just a lot of drama. The only way I date a woman with kids is if the Ex is dead or wants nothing to do with her or the kids than i be open to it.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:29 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sounds good, but how does that differ from someone who dates specific women or men that share superficial features. Ive know women who only go out with older men, guys with beards, dark features, had good jobs, etc
It differs because physical attractiveness and age are different things entirely. And if you are attracted to an age rather than a person - that person will not remain that age. It changes - and a lot faster than physical attributes do.

It is a bit like that quote from the film Dazed and Confused "What I like about first years is - I keep getting older - they stay the same age".

But as for the things in your list - I would be equally concerned about them too. Solely focusing on people 20 years your younger - just for the sake of their age - is no less worrisome to me than solely focusing on people with an income > X.

You can be attracted to a feature - like beards. How can one be attracted to a number?

Clearly the best way to select the best person for you at any given time is to evaluate the entire package. No one thing should be a target or a deal breaker - but should be like trying to find the perfect sound setting on a many dialled equalizer. One knob might go down - but other knobs can go up to compensate. And as such there may not be any one "perfect" combination - but several of them.

But the original point I was making is basically to highlight the different between "I have met this person - they are great in every way - but they are 20 years younger than me" and "20 years younger than me? Give me a bit of that!!!".

Old 10-27-2014, 01:40 AM

59 posts, read 69,324 times
So spring, did the flowers bloom?

Old 10-30-2014, 06:26 PM

128 posts, read 183,458 times
This is SpringRain I created this new account...I'm not sure what you mean by did the flowers bloom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships