Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:53 PM

271 posts, read 1,377,138 times

Advertisements

I think part of having a good relationship is having similar sex drives. Otherwise you'll have issues like the OP's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 PM

17,899 posts, read 27,290,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Four times a week isn't much. I think it's normal to want sex once a day. How come you aren't in the mood? There are prescription meds available that might help get you in the mood.
Hey, Ditto. Your dates with Fistina and her five sisters don't count.

After dating someone and being in a pretty serious relationship with them, the need to hit it 3 and 4 times a day kind of subsides.

All I can say to the OP is that as a guy gets a little older- 30's, 40's, etc., the frequency drops off a bit and it becomes more about the quality than the quantity.

Maybe for some people, it becomes another addiction. Anybody who thinks that 4 times a week ain't enough is either young or missing something.

To the OP, I feel sorry for you. I'd rather have one or two encounters of awesome blow-your-mind sex than the routine 4+ times a week sex.

I doubt there's anything wrong with you. For some guys, they have to feed their egos.

As far as these dorks saying that a guy will go elsewhere if you don't fullfill the need, that's why Denver has so many single dorks. The real men are out there satisfying the women with some "Quality" sex.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:55 PM

23,790 posts, read 33,264,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantana View Post
Ok part venting part looking for what people think, both men and women.
Have been with together 6 years have 2 yr old. He wants sex almost everyday (gets it most days). Now occassionally, IM NOT IN THE MOOD, but god forbid I say no, then he sulks ALL day, choosing to be in a "ugly" mood, staring out the window, miserable look on his face. (this arguement comes up at least monthly)

Im quite sick of it actually. Hes just told me "im not doing this next year" I do evrything for this family and when i want love, i think i deserve it.

So let me ask this.... how many of you are made to feel guilty for not wanting sex? Now keep in mind he gets it AT LEAST 4 times a week if not more!!!!!

How would you handle your partner?

Well, next year started today.. I hope the door didn't hit him in the a$$.

Seriously, I understand you stay home with a 2 year old and are tired because I know i was. You're talking about seperating, can you afford to?

You have two teenagers, so I'm guessing you are in your 30's, but we don't know how old he is (could be as old as ditto)..

Does he help you around the house or with the kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that the problem is that instead of the two of you making love (where there is a lot of mutual affection involved), it's turned into sex. You just there satisfying his sexual needs and the act has become a chore for you. That would be a huge mood spoiler for me too.
Thats about what it seems like to me too miu. and I sure dont know how to fix it. We're actually talking about going separate ways.
I dont want a relationship where i am made to feel bad when i just want to be left alone.
I don't doubt you need to get out and away from the house/kids/man. Are you able to get a part time job on the weekends so that some of the household stuff falls on him?

I know I got into a rut staying home with a little one and not having adult conversation. Also very stressful having everyone always need you and to have your hubby do this on top of that is probably making you very emotional / resentful.

Sex 4 times a week in the beginning of a relationship.. maybe. Once you start adding kids to every day, who not only has time but wants it? I would rather have meaningful love/sex once a month then almost every day. Not to get too personal, and you don't have to answer this here but to yourself.. is he satisfying you? Is it ever more then for him? When was the last time you enjoyed yourself?

Some men/women need/want it more. When you're in a relationship you try to find a way to make both of you happy. If that means that you let him have it 3 nights a week with the 4th for you then you will both be happy, but he's got to start giving not only getting.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:50 PM

5 posts, read 16,484 times
You are not crazy or alone in this! caring after a 2 year old is exhausting! I have two little ones myself and sometimes sleeping sound better than sex. Your husband needs to be more understanding and maybe help you out more, that should put you in the mood. I have some of your same issues with my husband, and honestly it is quite irritating, that is the only reason we fight, he wants it everyday, otherwise he gets in a crappy mood. I wish they could understand what it takes to put us in the mood every day. Good luck!

Old 01-01-2008, 05:02 PM

1,051 posts, read 3,356,627 times
Have any of you shown to your significant other what was has been written or what You have written on this thread? Do they know that you post here and do they know your CD name? Just wondering... T&C

Old 01-01-2008, 06:30 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,566,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon View Post
I think part of having a good relationship is having similar sex drives. Otherwise you'll have issues like the OP's.
True. How do people get so mis-matched?

Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,566,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Have any of you shown to your significant other what was has been written or what You have written on this thread? Do they know that you post here and do they know your CD name? Just wondering... T&C
All the time! My husband knows I'm nuts anyway, my posts on here just confirms that

Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,776,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
It's just that 4 times a week doesn't sound like much. I understand you want time to do other things, but how long does sex take? 15-30 minutes? I don't think he's asking too much from you.
Only 15-30 mins???!!! That's a quickie!
I like one or two of those a day, and one 3-4 hour deal...
I don't always get that, but hey...
Why are most women so unsexed? Guys freak that I'm such a nympho!
Sex is my absolute favorite activity!
If I ain't sore I need some more!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 AM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,025,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Only 15-30 mins???!!! That's a quickie!
True. Sad that a young stud like ditto has no staying power in the sack.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 AM

23 posts, read 98,343 times
Wow!
Okay.....Isadora* I like your idea!!!! but in reality i do not want to bargain for sex. But wouldnt that be nice, come home and play!!!
As it stands, he has apologized for being an a**. He really is a good man, We Do have similar sex drives BUT we dont necassarily have the same schedual. I'm just getting the baby down when he's ready to climb into bed. His job ends at 4, my "job" doesnt end until 7:30 - 8. And who doesnt need some time to relax a little.
Our love life is good, how many men can say they make love almost daily to their wife or s/o? (yes 1st post said AT LEAST 4x's a week, but its more like daily unless its been "1 of those crazy days" or the 4 days a month in which "i'm a not so nice")
but occassionally we have stupid arguements, which is what this was and with the new year we've both decided to be alittle more understanding with each other.
SO......thanks for all the input, it really does help to get different perspectives.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Last edited by cantana; 01-02-2008 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: clarification
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships