Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:41 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
As I stated, it would be a red flag, but not a dealbreaker. Many women have libidos that shut "off" (not completely, but it goes down quite a bit) when they're single that turn back "ON" when they're with a guy they're attracted to.

Moreso than men do, anyway.
Being able to shut off your libido is a concept about as foreign to me as aliens landing and showing a computer to a caveman lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:47 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Being able to shut off your libido is a concept about as foreign to me as aliens landing and showing a computer to a caveman lol.
Agreed!

It's not a conscious thing, though.

It's like Billy Crystal says in "When Harry Met Sally":

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

That "reason" being, for many women, a man they're attracted to emotionally and sexually.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:50 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
As I stated, it would be a red flag, but not a dealbreaker. Many women have libidos that shut "off" (not completely, but it goes down quite a bit) when they're single that turn back "ON" when they're with a guy they're attracted to.

I've heard of this phenomenon. Not being in a relationship for a long time doesn't remotely imply such women have low libidos. If you passed up women on that assumption, you could be passing up your dream woman. In fact, it's best not to have any assumptions about women. Take each one as a mystery about to unfold.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:

SuperDave
Impressive that you know that.
As far as I know, yep, we can work like that.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:08 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I've heard of this phenomenon. Not being in a relationship for a long time doesn't remotely imply such women have low libidos. If you passed up women on that assumption, you could be passing up your dream woman. In fact, it's best not to have any assumptions about women. Take each one as a mystery about to unfold.
Along with SuperDave , you seem to know this too.

I got a chuckle out of " this phenomenon"

Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 PM

479 posts, read 431,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
I have a really high libido so Id be worried that 8 years without means she had a very LOW libido. That would make me think it wouldn't be a good match.
I can assure you that the reason for my lengthy dearth of sex is NOT because I have a "very LOW libido"... I should be so lucky.
Note: My libido has a mind of its own. It doesn't shut off. It doesn't turn on and shut off, or go way down... depending upon my relationship status.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
What do Men think of Women who have not had a relationship, and sex for 8 years?

Would it make you steer clear away?
Or??

Please explain what you think.
Actually, I would think favorably. She has probably done her dating homework and doesn't just jump from man to man. Would be a major plus

Old 12-11-2014, 08:09 AM

28 posts, read 39,930 times
Quote:
So you'd be happy in a relationship where you wife had no interest in sex, even a year, 2 years gone by without it?

No, it's not the most important thing. But it's up there.

I'm not talking about legitimate medical reasons or something like that, however, that's different.
Hi Dave,

Again, it depends on your priorities and to me sex is not one of them. If a wife has no interest in sex, its not necessarily her fault, it is also the guys. In my opinion when you have sex - trust me on this - it is never when you want to but only if SHE wants to as well. So basically even if you think you initiated sex cause you wanted it and you do get it on, its only because she wants to as well, or she is doing you a favor. So in short, if she doesnt have sex for 1 or 2 years with you, then the guy is doing something wrong... two to tango an such.

And based on your comment, i would then also assume that long distance relationships will never work for you or anyone here with your opinion? Imagine you are married for 10 years to the most perfect woman, with the perfect life and perfect sex and all your criteria has been met and you have never been happier in your life. Now imagine she has to go on a business trip for a year or two and you cannot see her. Does this mean you go and find other women to have sex with? Do you break it off with her because she is not there and you cannot go and wait two years without sex? What would your action be and what would you do then?

Just a fun example to think about... I am a guy who would wait, and not curl up and die for that time if I know that perfect woman is coming back to me

Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times
I personally would not care. If anything, there'd be a lot more upside to this as opposed to a girl who just ended an eight year relationship. Why? Less baggage, of course.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:44 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
To the OP - my feeling is who cares. All that matters is what happens in the relationship going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships