Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:05 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What happened to the conversation you were going to have about texting and communication styles?
We talked on Friday after the date, and it was more of the same. "My relationship of two years just ended", "This is how I am", "I like you and I'm attracted to you, but...". I wouldn't be surprised if, given the right opportunity, she ends up back with this ex. I get it though. I went through a similar break up about six years ago and, though I would have loved to date and move on, my ex was still ingrained in my mind at the time. If it's anything like that breakup was for me, she probably still has several months to a year to figure things out.

I'd love to stick it out with her, because she seems great. However, I don't want to let my dating/relationship life pass me by just to find out several months down the road that she still has feelings for the ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Is this how shy women are? I'm shy myself but if a woman isn't giving me any signals, what's the point of pursuing?
Yeah, that's ultimately what happened. The lack of signals led me to stop pursuing them.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Did you ever talk to her about why she doesn't text? Maybe she's just not into texting and social media. If you're still in the dark after all this posting and advice we've given you, you've only got yourself to blame. Dating and relationships are about communication, my man. Voice your concerns. You might learn something about her.
I did. As per my response to Liberty2011's question, she just gave me more of the same. She just got out of the two-year relationship and that's why she's not ready to move forward, at least quickly (though I'm still not sure if that means ever). She was a little vague about the communication (or lack thereof) aspect, but from what I gathered, that's just how she is in general. She's definitely not the type playing on her phone all the time, so I get that.

She said she was attracted to me and liked me and looked forward to us going out each week, but there is still a lot of uncertainty on where we stand and where it's going (if anywhere). I can't really describe it that well I guess. It's just a gut feeling I guess.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:12 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I did. As per my response to Liberty2011's question, she just gave me more of the same. She just got out of the two-year relationship and that's why she's not ready to move forward. She was a little vague about the communication (or lack thereof) aspect, but from what I gathered, that's just how she is in general. She's definitely not the type playing on her phone all the time, so I get that.
It sounds like she needs time to decompress from the relationship/breakup. So it makes sense for you to move on. Maybe she'll contact you when she's ready, or maybe you'll run into her in a few months, and can try again. Chalk this up to bad timing. Too bad, bro. Better luck in the future.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
It sounds like she needs time to decompress from the relationship/breakup. So it makes sense for you to move on. Maybe she'll contact you when she's ready, or maybe you'll run into her in a few months, and can try again. Chalk this up to bad timing. Too bad, bro. Better luck in the future.
This is what I was thinking, too; bad timing. That's pretty much how it's been for me these last several weeks. I've mostly been meeting women with a ton of baggage.

Thanks though.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:32 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
I did. As per my response to Liberty2011's question, she just gave me more of the same. She just got out of the two-year relationship and that's why she's not ready to move forward, at least quickly (though I'm still not sure if that means ever). She was a little vague about the communication (or lack thereof) aspect, but from what I gathered, that's just how she is in general. She's definitely not the type playing on her phone all the time, so I get that.

She said she was attracted to me and liked me and looked forward to us going out each week, but there is still a lot of uncertainty on where we stand and where it's going (if anywhere). I can't really describe it that well I guess. It's just a gut feeling I guess.
From what you've said, my gut says that, while she might not be all that forward in contacting a man, that the real issue is her ex is still dominating her thoughts.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:01 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy88 View Post
Or I can move to a country where women are more comfortable with themselves like the USA.
Not sure with your sexist attitude they would want you here.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's ultimately what happened. The lack of signals led me to stop pursuing them.
Most women don't send signals for a man to approach. Yet, they expect men to go approach them blind.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
OP: I don't know what your problem is? Are you friendly, funny, positive, happy or a quiet moody grouch. I actually was asked out several times during my dating life. I also had several instances where women flirted in a various obvious way that told me that she definitely wanted me to ask me out. I'm tall but not particularly good looking. IMHO, if you're a fun loving person, clean, and happy, you'll get some attention. I even got hit on in my 50's from much younger women. Personally, I was completely shocked. Go figure.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 PM

103 posts, read 91,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Most women don't send signals for a man to approach. Yet, they expect men to go approach them blind.
Your exactly right but do you think women care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships