Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:12 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Yes four times.
I don't believe ONE greatest love.

What happened to those who lost their loved ones to premature death when they were very young? Should we all kill ourselves and follow our loved ones? give me a break. I lost my great love to premature death, and his great love taught me to make it on my own because that is exactly what he wanted for me. He would want me to find another great love, getting married, have kids and be happy.

don't give up. You will find somebody you truly love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 08:10 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia82 View Post
I haven't found mine yet after years trying . I am almost giving up now.

I think finding your true love is rare, and those who found it should consider themselves really lucky. That's for a few people.

If you found yours, how did you meet? Tell your story.
We found each other quite by accident.

Here's the thing...give up looking!!! You don't find your "true love" that way and it only ends up frustrating you!

Just live your life to the fullest - be active, be involved, be OPEN to all new experiences - THAT is how you will stumble across the one for you

Old 10-25-2014, 08:18 AM

13,650 posts, read 9,711,429 times
One's "true love" is made, not found. Upon the point of initial finding, there's no particular love, and likely even paucity of truth. But crusty surface abrade, in time so joining that a truth arises. Years pass, and after much self-question and duress, we come to wonder how we ever managed without our partner, and even persons skeptical of supernatural intervention become wont to wonder if some cosmic force wasn't involved in the finding. It wasn't. The effort was all ours.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:28 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
"Have you found the love of your life?"

I have.

Met 40+ years go and have been married for 34.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:35 AM

7,080 posts, read 8,943,199 times
I have, it was a chance meeting out of the blue over 30 years ago so finding the love of your life can happen when you least expect it.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:26 AM

88 posts, read 80,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia82 View Post
I haven't found mine yet after years trying . I am almost giving up now.

I think finding your true love is rare, and those who found it should consider themselves really lucky. That's for a few people.

If you found yours, how did you meet? Tell your story.
There is a man that I met many years ago who I loved very much. I would certainly call him the love of my life. Unfortunately, it was not to be and for a very long time I agonized about it.

Recently, through a unexpected turn of events I saw some photos of him (he still looks great, by the way, 30 years later), but I realized from those pictures that it would not have worked out for us. In a way I was grateful because it gave me the freedom from the pain of the memories. I really did love him a lot though, more than I have ever loved anyone else.

He was my then-best friend's brother.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:40 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,415 times
I've been in love several times but for various reasons, it didn't work out. Sometimes love just isn't enough.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:59 AM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Yes, though we are not currently "together", connected eternally.. It's just one of those tragic love stories that takes a lifetime to play out... Not everyone's definition or experience of true love is the same. For some, it's their wife or husband, perfect marital bliss and that's great.. For others, like me, it is in the bittersweet & beautiful agony of absence..But they are all one in the same, and there is really something quite magical about it. A certain space in your heart that no one else can touch but that person..

Old 10-25-2014, 12:04 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
True love- when I have a nice glass of wine on a full moon day sitting out side and counting stars I feel like I found my true love above up there in between stars.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Yes, but sadly it can never be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships