Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 10:04 AM

268 posts, read 647,874 times

Advertisements

I started seeing this girl.. She is always busy and always has a lot of cool things with friends or her own hobbies/stuff going on.

I have about 3 things going on and one of them is her. So I am wondering how to hold her interest or is just being my same old self enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 10:09 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball83 View Post
I started seeing this girl.. She is always busy and always has a lot of cool things with friends or her own hobbies/stuff going on.

I have about 3 things going on and one of them is her. So I am wondering how to hold her interest or is just being my same old self enough?
Being the same old self is enough. If she can't handle it move on and find another.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:11 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:

I'm wondering...what would be the alternative?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:20 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
My friend, if being yourself is not enough, maybe she's not the one for you. However if there is an interest she pursues that you believe you could undertake as well, maybe you should ask to join her. You don't want to fundamentally change who you are, but opening yourself up to new interests may help.

Good luck!

Old 10-26-2014, 10:21 AM

268 posts, read 647,874 times
alternative girl or decision?

I am just a bored person in general. I mean I have a job and everything and I like to go out and have fun but theres no real BIG COOL thing about me. I don't climb mountains, I don't volunteer to help needy people, I do no extreme sports or sports of any kind, Ive got like a few good friends...

Old 10-26-2014, 10:26 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
You are who you are. And you seem to be in tune with it. Usually people have the opposite problem. That is they think everything about them is of utmost interest to all others. You at least don't seem to suffer from an inflated sense of self. That alone has an immense amount of appeal to some women. Maybe the one you are interested in. Don't try to be something you're not. If you're patently "uncool" then embrace it. Don't try to force anything because you'll likely fall flat on your face.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:10 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:

I am just a bored person in general. I mean I have a job and everything and I like to go out and have fun but theres no real BIG COOL thing about me. I don't climb mountains, I don't volunteer to help needy people, I do no extreme sports or sports of any kind, Ive got like a few good friends...
Are you OK with this? ^^

If you're asking this question about keeping her interested, it means you are insecure about your own lifestyle.

So if YOU don't think you're enough for her, she won't either.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:59 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
If you think this girl is cooler than you, why are you trying to go for her?

Old 10-26-2014, 01:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
You need to be yourself. If thats not good enough for her, then she isn't that cool anyway.

Love thyself, there you will find love of others.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:06 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball83;
Quote:
alternative girl or decision?

So get some hobbies. Use this as a chance to try some new activities to find something that turns you on. Or ask her, after you know her better, if you can join her in some of her cool activities.

You don't have to compete with her to be cool. But if you think you're kind of a dud (sounds like you're beginning to wonder if you are), do something about that. Branch out with your life. Experiment. Take a couple of classes, learn a new skill or two. Photography. Hang-gliding. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships