Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 12:24 PM

917 posts, read 1,383,860 times

Advertisements

Oh and we can't really talk about it since his friend is in the other room and there's no door separating us..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 12:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Known about a yr n a half... Dating about 7 mths
Well, this is what dating is good for - weeding out the losers you don't mesh with.

Stay with him if you must, but just know THIS is probably as good as it gets and a huge indicator of your future with him.

Choose wisely.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Oh and we can't really talk about it since his friend is in the other room and there's no door separating us..
You are there now??

Why wouldn't you say something immediately honey?

I know it can be uncomfortable to challenge someone, but you simply have to learn to speak up for yourself when something happens to you that you don't agree with or appreciate.

You should have stopped them both in the lobby and said, THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR ME.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, this is what dating is good for - weeding out the losers you don't mesh with.

Stay with him if you must, but just know THIS is probably as good as it gets and a huge indicator of your future with him.

Choose wisely.
That's whats bugging me.. He wants me to move to the city he's in ( no biggie I've been wanting to leave my hometown for a while now and there's better paying jobs where's he's at..but I'm second guessing it because of this situation)

Old 10-27-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
That's whats bugging me.. He wants me to move to the city he's in ( no biggie I've been wanting to leave my hometown for a while now and there's better paying jobs where's he's at..but I'm second guessing it because of this situation)
Well, one thing at a time....

Right now you need to deal with this situation.

I suggest you invite your boyfriend out to the lobby or pool for a serious conversation.

Even if you cave in and allow the friend to stay, you need assurances from your guy that he gets how upset you are, how this was so not cool of him to do.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
You are there now??

Why wouldn't you say something immediately honey?

I know it can be uncomfortable to challenge someone, but you simply have to learn to speak up for yourself when something happens to you that you don't agree with or appreciate.

You should have stopped them both in the lobby and said, THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR ME.
Yep I'm on my phone.. Boy is in the bed asleep right next to me.. Friend is on the couch asleep also.. We both walked into the lobby (me & the boy) got the keys and his friend drove us toward our room. I figured this was because we had our luggage in the trunk so I got my stuff.. Walked towards the door & they were both right behind me. They bought some beers so I figured oh they're going to drink a few then he'd leave but nope. Didn't drink the beer and they both crashed out

Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Well, one thing at a time....

Right now you need to deal with this situation.

I suggest you invite your boyfriend out to the lobby or pool for a serious conversation.

Even if you cave in and allow the friend to stay, you need assurances from your guy that he gets how upset you are, how this was so not cool of him to do.
He knew I was upset when he'd try hugging me and I'd push him away.. I figured this trip would be a great opportunity to talk about our future plans but that didn't happen since I was stuck in the back seat by myself while these two were upfront

Old 10-27-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
He knew I was upset when he'd try hugging me and I'd push him away.. I figured this trip would be a great opportunity to talk about our future plans but that didn't happen since I was stuck in the back seat by myself while these two were upfront
Look, he's clearly clueless at best and a totally insensitive selfish clod at worst.

Still, the silent treatment of "letting him know" you are upset won't fly.

You HAVE to have a conversation with him.

Use this time right now to make a short list of bullet points starting with the most upsetting "fact".

When he wakes up you calmly tell him you need to speak privately with him.

Tell him you will give him a chance to explain his point of view after he has heard how upset you are and understands why.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:39 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
This guy im seeing and I planned a trip to go to a football game. Few days before, he said his friend wanted to go. We were planning on driving but some car issues came up so his friend said he'd take his car. This trip was planned for me and the Guy im seeing. Bothered me a bit but I decided to suck it up due to the last minute car issue. I paid for the hotel which I reserved months ago. We get to the hotel and the Guy is staying with us!!! Guy im seeing told his buddy to stay with us without telling me so he left me on the spot. Guy got off the car walked right in & made himself at home. Never met this guy in my life so I couldn't sleep and felt uncomfortable sharing a room with some stranger. This really upset me and I even want to just call things off with this guy for keeping this from me.

Am I overreacting?

Note, I should add we are in a long distance relationship but take turns visiting each other but these last two times I came to see him, I didn't get to spend much time with him since it was him hanging out with his buddies a lot (I was there but felt a bit ignored).. Now this? :'(
Dump him. Actions speak louder than words, and he's showing you that he doesn't care about you that much, if he can't be alone with you and always has his friends around.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:40 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
I love this guy but this upset me so much.. I was going to chip in for gas but he already had a full tank so I didn't get to.. Now I'm not pitching in anything

I'm more upset i couldn't spend some time with just this guy ... I figured we'd have a little time at the hotel now that's shot to hell
You paid for the hotel room, remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships