Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:31 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

I feel sorry for all those accomplished women who will now have to "settle" for hot firemen, muscled landscapers and sensuous cabinetmakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:33 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
I love career women. Empowered women are sexy and know what they want.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:39 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Thing to remember is, there are plenty of accomplished men already present. The rate at which woman are moving up the is higher, but in terms of sheer numbers men are much further up the mountain already. It will be a while before women catch up. That's the raw truth.

This "outpacing" stuff is just BS. The OP just likes to blame women for everything. There are bad women out there (frat girls are quite shallow, I agree). However, there are lots of nice ones too with endearing personalities like my mom. If it wasn't for her, I would have never made it this far.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-27-2014 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-27-2014, 10:56 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
I'm 25 years old and I can say without a doubt that the average woman my age is more motivated than the average man my age. Anyone noticed this? How does it affect the dating world?
I think this is a complete generalization.

Don't let your per-conceived notions add to your own feelings of inadequacy.. this will only make you feel bitter/angry inside.

A lot of people who are out of jobs these days either invest in education or are actively looking for employment. If you're happening to meet women who are striving for academia, you've got to look at the big picture, because those are the two trending options in an employment freeze.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,239 times
Women care far more about looks than they do about money from what I've seen. If anything, this is actually worse because a guy can change his cash flow. He can't change his looks.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:02 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
And you believe him?

"Settling." My word.

You know nothing about life or human relationships.
So we should believe you instead? Because you know 'hundreds' of women who have married down financially? Because your life experiences have vastly outnumbered all others so theirs mean nothing? Aren't you being condescending?

I never said all women want to marry their financial equal or better. I said prefer. Huge difference.

You know who also prefers women marrying their financial equal or better? Most parents of any race. They don't want millionaire son-in-laws but a guy who can at least take of himself financially. No one wants their daughter to marry an underachieving, go nowhere male, especially if she is a career woman who makes a great income.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:09 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I feel sorry for all those accomplished women who will now have to "settle" for hot firemen, muscled landscapers and sensuous cabinetmakers.
We had a fire alarm go off twice today at work.
No complaints from the ladies

Old 10-28-2014, 05:15 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

I never said all women want to marry their financial equal or better. I said prefer. Huge difference
"Want to" vs "prefer"? Do you really want to parse this "huge difference"?

Quote:
You know who also prefers women marrying their financial equal or better? Most parents of any race. They don't want millionaire son-in-laws but a guy who can at least take of himself financially. No one wants their daughter to marry an underachieving, go nowhere male, especially if she is a career woman who makes a great income.
There is a vast gray area here between "financial equal" and "underachieving, go nowhere male," don't you think? Is it all black and white to you?

For example, when I married my ex he was a high school drop out, I had a BA from a private college. And yet, he had ambition and intelligence, and now 30 years later he is internationally known in his creative field and does just fine.

It is not about "financial equal" but equal in terms of where you want to go in life.

Last edited by zentropa; 10-28-2014 at 05:47 AM..

Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
You deliberately jammed the toaster again, didn't you? Admit it.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:25 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Keep it up, and youre gonna get busted for pulling the fire alarm, Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships