Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Same here, yet I bottle it up and keep my cool till gym time comes. I don't drink alcohol, so I ease out my upset feelings with dumbbells and barbells. It's a much healthier alternative.
NOT politically correct for me to say, but successful people are mostly narcissistic. Being too nice in the career field gets you no where sometimes. Play a little dirty if you can. It works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 09:36 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are you single because you harbor fears that a woman will divorce you and take all your stuff?
Hey, if you want to start getting personal, maybe we should end this right here. Don't make assumptions about me when you clearly know nothing about me.

The fact of the matter is that if I had a vagina, I could be half as good as I am now and still have men hounding and chasing me. Some women (especially average women) don't realize how good they've got it, and thus can't allow themselves to empathize with the difficulties that some men face.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:39 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
NOT politically correct for me to say, but successful people are mostly narcissistic. Being too nice in the career field gets you no where sometimes. Play a little dirty if you can. It works.
Problem is, I've tried and know that playing dirty was never my thing. I start feeling very guilty, and this is easily detectable through discomfort .

Old 10-28-2014, 09:40 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Hey, if you want to start getting personal, maybe we should end this right here. Don't make assumptions about me when you clearly know nothing about me.

The fact of the matter is that if I had a vagina, I could be half as good as I am now and still have men hounding and chasing me. Some women (especially average women) don't realize how good they've got it, and thus can't allow themselves to empathize with the difficulties that some men face.
Being "hounded and chased" by people you aren't interested in isn't really a plus.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Being "hounded and chased" by people you aren't interested in isn't really a plus.
Consider the alternative: not being chased after or pursued at all.

At least they have a number of options. And since it's all a numbers game, it works to their advantage anyway.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:41 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:

Attention is a plus, when you're not getting any attention. Even from people you don't particularly want.

Quote:
Consider the alternative: not being chased after or pursued at all.

At least they have a number of options. And since it's all a numbers game, it works to their advantage anyway.
I really wish people would put this fallacy to bed. It isn't a numbers game. Heck, OLD isn't a numbers game, never mind IRL dating.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:43 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
When you're not getting any attention, it seems some people can come up with all sorts of theories and places to lay blame. If it works for them, so be it.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I really wish people would put this fallacy to bed. It isn't a numbers game. Heck, OLD isn't a numbers game, never mind IRL dating.
Yeah? How many women have you dated? Probably A LOT more than me. So if it's not a numbers game, then why aren't you married yet?

It's not a fallacy. Success will ultimately come as a result to how much access to women you have. If not, then why is your common line of advice to "put yourself out there more"?

Old 10-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
When you're not getting any attention, it seems some people can come up with all sorts of theories and places to lay blame. If it works for them, so be it.
Why don't you try putting yourself in that position then and see how your mindset changes?

If I were shooing women away on a daily basis, do you think I'd be as jaded as I am now? Hell no, I wouldn't. I'd be on here talking like I'm King S**t of the dating world, because in my mind, I would be and I'd have the numbers to prove it.

So I get it. Some women have so many options that are being thrown at them, that it's not even possible for them to comprehend an alternative universe where they're getting nothing. Because you don't know what you don't know.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Yeah? How many women have you dated? Probably A LOT more than me. So if it's not a numbers game, then why aren't you married yet?

It's not a fallacy. Success will ultimately come as a result to how much access to women you have. If not, then why is your common line of advice to "put yourself out there more"?

I have no idea how many people I've dated. I don't look at people as numbers.

I'm not married because I haven't met the right person; I may never, that's ok. I was engaged once, we broke it off. And there have been other people I could see marrying, but they didn't view me the same way.

But I have no idea what marriage has to do anything. That isn't the hallmark of dating success by any means. I've had a lot of successful relationships with individuals, and non of those happened because I just dated or met people for the sake of dating or meeting people.

And you put yourself out there more because it is good to do. Meeting and socializing is an important thing to do. But it is about meeting good people, the right people, not more people. It isn't about numbers at all, it is about finding "your" people. I have no desire to meet 90% of people in the world and my life won't be better by just meeting more people. That isn't how it works. Life is better when you meet your people.

Quote:

If I were shooing women away on a daily basis, do you think I'd be as jaded as I am now? Hell no, I wouldn't. I'd be on here talking like I'm King S**t of the dating world, because in my mind, I would be and I'd have the numbers to prove it.

How many guys are shooing women away? Almost none. I never have. It doesn't work like that. That's ok, because it isn't about meeting random people. Not having people approach you because you're hot or whatever has nothing to do with dating success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships