Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:00 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,760,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Just cheat on him then it will be easy for him to dump you.

That would be the best thing for him so he can become a guy woman want.
Lol, you beat me to it. Or, you could agree to move in, as long as he is ok with the idea of you going out clubbing every weekend, without him, and not returning home for several nights at a stretch. And then, stop showering, don't shave, ever. At this point,he will more likely break up with you. That's probably THE easiest way for him. He will, probably, at that point, be more than willing to call it quits. Or... Just tell him now. Today, that it's not working out. Either way, whatever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 PM

596 posts, read 627,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how do you break-up with a good guy?

I've been seeing this guy for the past two-and-a-half months. His name is Tom. He treats me well, and he goes out of the way to make me happy. He's done nothing wrong; I just don't see myself being with him long-term.

The truth of the matter is I need to be with someone who is more of an intellectual (though, I would never, ever tell him that). I can't go on spending every evening at his house as he smokes weed and watches South Park.

The tactic I've used in the past was waiting for things to fizzle out, but as I lose interest in him, he gains interest in me. Last night he told me that he loves me (this was a week after he asked me to move in, which I rejected). My replay, "ugh, well...I...I like you a lot, and I don't want to see anything bad happen to you, and I care for you, and I guess I love you too." I was dying on the inside.

So, how do I break things up without breaking his heart and keeping a friendship in tact?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
If your lukewarm response didn't send a clear message, nothing short of blunt force will suffice in separating. The minute I heard "like you a lot" I would have been figuring out the fastest way to get up and leave.

OP I get the lukewarm response but why bother even saying that? For him, he may have just taken it as you not being ready but still interested.

You know you can be honest without the fluff, and still be a kind and compassionate person right?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Tell him face to face that his cartoon watching, drug use, appearance, looks, and entire lifestyle is repulsive to you and you are broken up. Tell him if he wants to be friends with you to eliminate the drugs and cartoons from his life or never to darken your door again. Let him do this. Then when he shows up again, smile, laugh, tell him he hasn’t done enough to improve his life to your standards (which will be impossible for any human to ever fulfill in 100 lifetimes as you just keep notching the acceptable standards higher and higher), add a few more conditions to see if the loser will comply then say “get lost” and slam the door in his face. If you have a male friend have him get physical with the loser. Do everything that you can dream up to crush his spirit and dash his hopes. Your goal is to "end" him, who wants to be friends with a worthless loser anyway?

Any other communication contact attempts call the police and have him arrested for harassment and file an assault and attempted rape report. You and your male friend are witnesses against an emotionally distraught loser who won’t be believed anyway. Keep escalating from there and make his life a living hell until he is gone from your life forever. It won’t take much to extinguish losers like him who waste their lives on television and cartoons instead of focusing on the best thing he’ll never know which is YOU. His loss. Your and humanity’s gain. Next.

Last edited by JobZombie; 10-29-2014 at 09:54 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 02:33 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Dropping hints is sorta like slowly killing someone softly while jabbing at them deeply..

If a guy were to break up with you and was losing feelings for you but felt you were a good girl, how would you like to be broken up with is a more honest starting point to consider.

"I don't feel we're as compatible as I'd hope. I like you a lot as a person. And, I wish you the best." Straight forward. Honest.

You may feel guilty at first, but that's life. You just have to do it!!

Old 10-30-2014, 05:27 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Dropping hints is sorta like slowly killing someone softly while jabbing at them deeply..

If a guy were to break up with you and was losing feelings for you but felt you were a good girl, how would you like to be broken up with is a more honest starting point to consider.

"I don't feel we're as compatible as I'd hope. I like you a lot as a person. And, I wish you the best." Straight forward. Honest.

You may feel guilty at first, but that's life. You just have to do it!!
^^^^ This.

I have been through numerous situations (not dating related), where people holding me off till the end and suddenly turning tables has led to borderline depression. Say yes at first, and make it clear why. He will be upset, but also move on more easily.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:07 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
Have you tried getting him into activities or things you like to do as well? I'm guessing you have but invite him to a museum or a lecture or something. I'm a pothead and though I like stupid stuff I also love documentaries, museums, listening to speakers on interesting topics. Its easy for guys to fall into laziness but my gf is the one who typically says I wanna do this and I'm down but if she didnt suggest it I maynot have sought out that activity. Id say if youre willing to give it a chance try to get him involved in things. If he refuses or isn't into them then you can say look like I doing this that and the othr and your not willing to do it or its not ur cup of tea, were just not a good fit.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:12 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
I know a lot of "intellectuals" who sit around watching south park and smoking pot. Sure they talk about "smart" things, but not 24/7. They like to have fun like any other person.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:17 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I know a lot of "intellectuals" who sit around watching south park and smoking pot. Sure they talk about "smart" things, but not 24/7. They like to have fun like any other person.

Pot what is he in the 7th grade ? Tell him to grow up OP and do amphetamine us grown ups got crap to do.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:24 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Just be honest I guess. You're different people and you don't see it being a long term thing. Easier said than done obviously but that's the right way to do it.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:55 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
The objective of the breakup is to destroy the loser's life and cause the maximum amount of pain, suffering, agony and depression that can possibly be delivered. The loser may quit the place of employment job, get fired, and commit suicide. Your objective is to get the most bang for the buck in the breakup. To achieve this delay the breakup and pretend that all is going fine and dandy. Lead the loser down the primerose path wayyy beyond the loser's emotional safety point. The breakup must be delivered such that the loser is left reeling and wondering what the hell happened and such that this individual will will never ever dare ask another human being out ever again so long as the loser lives for fear of encountering the same or worse. Your final goal is to to pick up the newspaper one lazy Saturday morning and along with your morning coffee a small news blurb with a canned photo describing the loser's suicide and the pending funeral arrangements . As you turn the page to the editorials a smile graces your lips as you raise your cup and have another sip of java, already bored with how nothing new or interesting is ever in the papers anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships