Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Regrets... they are a mother ****er..... sorry to be crass.

But like the Frank Sinatra song says.. "regrets... I've a had a few".... that's where you want to be....just a few....

Life shouldn't be full of regrets...

I sometimes wonder if I ever stepped out on Mrs. Chow... I don't think I could live with myself.. and I don't say that to be some kind of martyr... I say it from a selfish point of view... I don't think I could literally live with myself... the thought of seeing her face and knowing that I caused that pain.........that would be too much to bear.....
It's a lot more than just that, Chowhound... a lot more.
When such an affair happens, it causes the guilty party to live a totally different life. When the phone rings you gasp to see who it is - and hope it's not 'that other person'. You wipe away - harshly - any trust that your S/O had in you. If you're 3 minutes late from getting home, there's that 'I wonder where he/she was' - there's the knowledge of how what you did hurt your S/O - and all the people downline that you've hurt, by removing that trust.

It's a lot more than that - and then there's the part where you have to look at yourself in the mirror - that's when you ask, 'who is that' looking back....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I've been married over 20 years and have always been monogamous, so I have no horse in this race. However, I have known married people who have had affairs (many of LONG duration) and the spouses never found out. The OP's problem was that his mistress contacted the wife. Next time (if there is a next time), choose a woman more grounded and one not so neurotic/controlling/insecure as to tell your wife!
I can honestly say, that there 'WILL BE NO NEXT TIME'.
To answer a previous question, if I'm sorry I got caught, or I'm sorry because I was caught. The answer is: neither. I'm sorry that I chose to go down the path of doing something TO get caught. I cheated on my wife. I crushed her and she's the last person on this planet that I ever wanted to hurt. I was in my own world - living two life's - with no regard to her when I was in the 'other' one.

I'm sorry I did what I did to no ends. Even if the mistress didn't call her and give away our affair - I know that there's no way I could have gone on - even after ending that affair - with my wife.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 AM

98 posts, read 119,878 times
I'm surprised your wife stayed with you. I would've divorced in a heart beat and took everything from you!!! She's a good woman... treat her right.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:23 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nms9747 View Post
I'm surprised your wife stayed with you. I would've divorced in a heart beat and took everything from you!!! She's a good woman... treat her right.
And don't get upset if you discover that she has developed the need to go out and have an affair to even things up. Be prepared to live with whatever your affair unleashes in your marriage. You probably won't be able to control whatever it is. No blaming her.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Thanks for the advice. If you dont mind my asking why did you allow the mistres to know you had a wife,w here she lived and the phone number. Only thing I can guess is you are on facebook. If you are on facebook do not cheat or have affairs either.
So as long as you can't get caught, it's okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships